Home
FIFA 16 News Post

A couple of FIFA 16 videos have arrived from Gamescom. The first one features Producers Nick Channon and Adam Shaikh, as they go over the new FUT Draft mode, followed by gameplay between FC Barcelona and Chelsea.

The second video features Producers Sebastian Enrique and John Shepherd. They also go through FUT draft mode and follow it up with gameplay between Borussia Mönchengladbach and Borussia Dortmund.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Yuss @ 08/07/15 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
A new gameplay video. Non-english.
https://youtu.be/FeJzu2DmHPE

Am I the only person who is worried? Maybe it's because I mostly play FUT but all I saw was potential things that could ruin the game (for FUT).

Yeah, the defensive improvements are impressive. Nice to see the giant defensive AI boost. But...

1. The whipped in crosses they added in. They look way too accurate. The people playing weren't good enough to abuse it but I can see sprinting down the wing and whipping it along the ground behind the defense to a 90+ pace striker being a spammed thing online. I'm having PTSD flashbacks to Fifa 14 again.

2. The slide tackle feature they added where you can immediately get up after a slide tackle removing any risk out of performing one. One of my biggest gripes with online play is people spamming slide tackles because the refs never give yellows and slide tackles home in on the ball, no matter how bad your slide tackle was.

3. Headers look OP again. Most of the corners in the two videos resulted in goals or headed chances on goal.

4. I don't believe for a second they have fixed pace abuse as it's been a problem in every single modern Fifa, despite them claiming to have fixed it every year.

5. The new passing (driven passes) look to be the most broken thing of all. The laser guided passes that you can now do though the defense. There doesn't seem to be any inaccuracy with them.

All of these I predict will be problems with the demo build.
The video is Fifa 15 gameplay, he's only talking about Fifa 16, notice Barcelona don't have their new kits

# 42 LionsFanNJ @ 08/07/15 11:10 AM
WOW. The defense actually covers people and don't just sprint back to the top of the box. and spread wide. This looks really good.

# 43 dcar87 @ 08/07/15 11:27 AM
New FIFA 16 gameplay in 4 minutes guys...

http://www.twitch.tv/EA

# 44 Entiae @ 08/07/15 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss
The video is Fifa 15 gameplay, he's only talking about Fifa 16, notice Barcelona don't have their new kits
Yeah, the ad-boards say Fifa 15 as well.

# 45 bxphenom7 @ 08/07/15 04:31 PM
The defense looks so much better, but it still looks like you can sprint down the field with little contest. The midfield still isn't as good as PES'. Space is great but I'm still not a fan of the player movement and dribbling. PES just won best sports game at Gamescom, but I'll give FIFA a shot with the demo.

# 46 hunterdawgs10 @ 08/07/15 05:20 PM
Remember guys when watching these player v player videos....

The human controlled player is out of position 95% of the time. This is going to cause a breakdown in the defense somewhere else.

# 47 Icemaster20007 @ 08/07/15 08:48 PM
Yeah taking a team from League 2 to the Premiership is always the hardest challenge in FIFA simply because of how many teams there are, and the amount of consistent good teams.

The goal should be to try and lift the Champions League trophy at the end.

# 48 takki @ 08/07/15 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss
My mistake, I deleted the video. But I was talking about the two Fifa 16 videos in the opening post.

# 49 dubcity @ 08/09/15 11:18 AM
Watched the Dortmund gameplay on TrueBrits, and man these sped-up ground passes look comical and OP. It just looks silly. If I were an online player I would get tired of that in a hurry, because I guarantee it's going to get used over and over. They put first touch error in how many years ago, and it seems to have no effect with those laser passes.

# 50 TheLetterZ @ 08/09/15 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Watched the Dortmund gameplay on TrueBrits, and man these sped-up ground passes look comical and OP. It just looks silly. If I were an online player I would get tired of that in a hurry, because I guarantee it's going to get used over and over. They put first touch error in how many years ago, and it seems to have no effect with those laser passes.
Yeah...

It seems in this series you have to work really hard with sliders and controls to make passing accuracy more realistic. And even then, it doesn't carry over as well to CPU teams and certainly not to multiplayer. I find it unfortunate.

# 51 dcar87 @ 08/09/15 02:19 PM
Another video that shows again long passes from the cpu!
2 straight long passes at the 4:18 minute mark. Matches look even slower with this guy playing.

https://youtu.be/7lL7UgdtVm4

# 52 Matt10 @ 08/09/15 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcar87
Another video that shows again long passes from the cpu!
2 straight long passes at the 4:18 minute mark. Matches look even slower with this guy playing.

https://youtu.be/7lL7UgdtVm4
Everytime I've seen these long passes it's been with the women teams. Hopefully the men do that as well though.

# 53 RoyceDa59 @ 08/09/15 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Everytime I've seen these long passes it's been with the women teams. Hopefully the men do that as well though.
I hope so too, they keep saying that the men and women's team will play differently. I hope they don't exclude them from the men's teams as that would be silly.

# 54 dcar87 @ 08/09/15 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
You're right, and I'm going to ask Asim Tanvir in Twitter if he saw any long balls from the cpu in men teams when he played at Gamescom.

# 55 Krebstar @ 08/09/15 04:36 PM
I'm hoping the fact that we only saw long passes for the women's teams is that I believe all other gameplay videos that have been seen are human vs human, and not against the AI.

The key will just be that they fixed the tactics, as last year the AI ignored the tactics you assigned to them.

In FIFA 14, if you want the AI to play the ball long, you can make them do it so consistently it becomes aggravating. Nothing last year, though, so seeing this in these videos shows some promise.

# 56 RoyceDa59 @ 08/09/15 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I'm hoping the fact that we only saw long passes for the women's teams is that I believe all other gameplay videos that have been seen are human vs human, and not against the AI.

The key will just be that they fixed the tactics, as last year the AI ignored the tactics you assigned to them.

In FIFA 14, if you wet the AI to play the ball long, you can make them do it so consistently it becomes aggravating. Nothing last year, though, so seeing this in these videos shows some promise.
Tactics being ignored was a huge eyesore for me. It is the only reason why I only played as 3 star or less teams in FIFA 15. Got tired of seeing my DMF ignore the assigned tactic of not going forward while attacking, I really hope that changes for this year.

# 57 Krebstar @ 08/09/15 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Tactics being ignored was a huge eyesore for me. It is the only reason why I only played as 3 star or less teams in FIFA 15. Got tired of seeing my DMF ignore the assigned tactic of not going forward while attacking, I really hope that changes for this year.
I liked the idea of "team sheets" and the instructions aspect of it, but it just wasn't done the right way, and mostly didn't work.

I definitely miss the old system of positioning arrows, along with setting the attacking and defending work rates, as those things actually worked.

# 58 mmoxe @ 08/10/15 05:56 AM
really expecting for FIFA16, it seems that the scene and design are all better than before.

# 59 dcar87 @ 08/10/15 04:50 PM

# 60 kashik @ 08/10/15 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoxe
really expecting for FIFA16, it seems that the scene and design are all better than before.
I'm expecting a bigger jump from 15 to 16 than there was from 14 to 15. When 15 first came out, I remember thinking it seemed more like DLC than a new game.

So far, the changes are looking pretty positive.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.