Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released Madden NFL 16 team ratings for the AFC West today, along with a few more player ratings.

Denver Broncos (89 OVR)

Offense
  • Peyton Manning (92 OVR)
  • C. J. Anderson (85 OVR)
  • James Casey (80 OVR)
  • Demaryius Thomas (93 OVR)
  • Emmanuel Sanders (89 OVR)
  • Cody Latimer (73 OVR)
  • Virgil Green (82 OVR)
  • Owen Daniels (80 OVR)
Defense
  • Von Miller (97 OVR)
  • Brandon Marshall (84 OVR)
  • DeMarcus Ware (83 OVR)
  • Shane Ray (72 OVR)
  • Chris Harris Jr. (94 OVR)
  • Aqib Talib (90 OVR)
Kansas City Chiefs (82 OVR)

Offense
  • Jeremy Maclin (88 OVR)
  • Albert Wilson (73 OVR)
  • De’Anthony Thomas (73 OVR)
  • Travis Kelce (91 OVR)
  • Jamaal Charles (94 OVR)
  • Anthony Sherman (95 OVR)
  • Alex Smith (84 OVR)
  • Ben Grubbs (85 OVR)
  • Paul Fanaika (74 OVR)
Defense
  • Eric Berry (84 OVR)
  • Sean Smith (91 OVR)
  • Phillip Gaines (77 OVR)
  • Justin Houston (97 OVR)
  • Tamba Hali (90 OVR)
San Diego Chargers (82 OVR)

Offense
  • Melvin Gordon (78 OVR)
  • Orlando Franklin (90 OVR)
  • Philip Rivers (90 OVR)
  • Antonio Gates (88 OVR)
  • Ladarius Green (78 OVR)
  • Keenan Allen (86 OVR)
  • Malcolm Floyd (83 OVR)
  • Stevie Johnson (83 OVR)
Defense
  • Corey Liuget (84 OVR)
  • Melvin Ingram (79 OVR)
  • Eric Weddle (96 OVR)
  • Brandon Flowers (89 OVR)
Oakland Raiders (74 OVR)

Offense
  • Derek Carr (79 OVR)
  • Amari Cooper (82 OVR)
  • Michael Crabtree (82 OVR)
  • Marcel Reece (82 OVR)
  • Latavius Murray (78 OVR)
  • Roy Helu (77 OVR)
  • Mychal Rivera (75 OVR)
  • Clive Walford (72 OVR)
Defense
  • Khalil Mack (91 OVR)
  • Sio Moore (80 OVR)
  • Curtis Lofton (79 OVR)
  • C. J. Wilson (74 OVR)
  • Mario Edwards (71 OVR)
Looking back at the AFC team ratings, this is how they shake out. (Thanks DeuceDouglas!)
  • New England Patriots - 91
  • Denver Broncos - 89
  • Indianapolis Colts - 87
  • Baltimore Ravens - 85
  • Cincinnati Bengals - 84
  • Pittsburgh Steelers - 84
  • Kansas City Chiefs - 82
  • San Diego Chargers - 82
  • Miami Dolphins - 81
  • Buffalo Bills - 79
  • Houston Texans - 79
  • New York Jets - 76
  • Cleveland Browns - 75
  • Oakland Raiders - 74
  • Jacksonville Jaguars - 73
  • Tennessee Titans - 72
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 The_ButtFumbles @ 08/06/15 11:24 PM
Anyone else feel like the Jets are rated a little to low? I mean yea they were 4-12 last year but IMO no team made more moves in the offseason than the Jets. Im not saying they should be in the 90's but a 76? thats ridiculous. I fyou look at the roster the only 2 holes are gaurd and the big one, QB but that shouldnt be eough to lower the team rating to 76, right?

IDK what do you guys think?

# 22 Yazan Gable @ 08/07/15 12:32 AM
Offensive Line and QB tend to have a strong influence on the team OVR. I've wondered that they probably tweak the OVR of players to create team OVR that should fit. For example, the Patriots lost Brandon Browner, Vince Wilfork and Darrelle Revis but are still that highly rated? Dolphins are OK even though they now have Ndamukong Suh? Probably the most surprising to me is that the Chargers now have an 88 OVR Antonio Gates even though toward the end of Madden 15 he was a mid-high 70s guy (at least according to typical fantasy draft placing in CFM).

# 23 splff3000 @ 08/08/15 09:07 AM
I was pretty spot on with my predictions for Carr, Mack, and Cooper. I noticed Woodson wasn't listed with the defensive players. I wonder why. He should definitely be in the mid to high 80's OVR. Yes, he's old as dirt, but he still balls. Also some people that are noticeably missing are (newly acquired) DT Dan Williams (88 ovr in 15) and (newly acquired) C Rodney Hudson (89 ovr in 15). They both should be mid 80's at least with the ratings drop in 16. Is this list showing the highest rated players or just notable players? If it's the latter, that would explain why those aforementioned guys are missing.

Also, as a sidenote, I don't mind Reece being 82 ovr. He really hasn't been worthy of his 90+ rating the last few years. I think 82 is more appropriate.

# 24 The JareBear @ 08/08/15 07:25 PM
I liked Ware's 83 ovr when I first saw it but compares to some high 80s/low 90s rating reveals in other divisions from players at the same/similar position (pass rusher) who had less impressive statistics I'm unsure about it now.

# 25 kenchun24 @ 08/09/15 01:43 AM
Not that I care about ratings for a game that is so behind and I'm not gonna buy anyway (until NCAA returns) How the hell is New England 91?! What, they got "super cheater, deflator, toss the cell phone in the river" ratings now. They lost FAR too much defensive studs in the secondary to be rated that high, and their o-line is only as good as Shady Brady releases his patented -1 yard screen pass and 1 yard slants RB dumpoffs (his whole game since he entered the league basically).

BTW Derek Carr's 79 will pass Teddy B's (really kind) 82 quickly, and Latavius Murray, Crabtree, Cooper, Rivera, Walford (not too mention Mack and Sio under Ken Norton Jr) will all bump the Raids to 84 by week 6. Silver and Black is back!

# 26 Find_the_Door @ 08/09/15 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchun24
Not that I care about ratings for a game that is so behind and I'm not gonna buy anyway (until NCAA returns)

How the hell is New England 91?!

BTW Derek Carr's 79 will pass Teddy B's (really kind) 82 quickly, and Latavius Murray, Crabtree, Cooper, Rivera, Walford (not too mention Mack and Sio under Ken Norton Jr) will all bump the Raids to 84 by week 6. Silver and Black is back!

Hmm........

# 27 The JareBear @ 08/09/15 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_ButtFumbles
Anyone else feel like the Jets are rated a little to low? I mean yea they were 4-12 last year but IMO no team made more moves in the offseason than the Jets. Im not saying they should be in the 90's but a 76? thats ridiculous. I fyou look at the roster the only 2 holes are gaurd and the big one, QB but that shouldnt be eough to lower the team rating to 76, right?

IDK what do you guys think?
I'm honestly unsure how some of these team overalls are being achieved.

The jets have one of the best madden rosters, period. Maybe they are just using awareness to lower ovrs?

# 28 Sheba2011 @ 08/09/15 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchun24
Not that I care about ratings for a game that is so behind and I'm not gonna buy anyway (until NCAA returns) How the hell is New England 91?! What, they got "super cheater, deflator, toss the cell phone in the river" ratings now. They lost FAR too much defensive studs in the secondary to be rated that high, and their o-line is only as good as Shady Brady releases his patented -1 yard screen pass and 1 yard slants RB dumpoffs (his whole game since he entered the league basically).

It is quite comical to keep reading a Raiders fan, a team with a history of clean play (heavy sarcasm) call the Patriots cheaters. As for a 91 your right they should be higher than that. Youngest team to ever win a SB and the only major stars they lost were Revis and Wilfork. Browner and his 15 penalties are replaceable. By Week 6 the Raiders will be 1-5 and their Madden rating will be lucky to be a 74.

# 29 kenchun24 @ 08/13/15 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
It is quite comical to keep reading a Raiders fan, a team with a history of clean play (heavy sarcasm) call the Patriots cheaters. As for a 91 your right they should be higher than that. Youngest team to ever win a SB and the only major stars they lost were Revis and Wilfork. Browner and his 15 penalties are replaceable. By Week 6 the Raiders will be 1-5 and their Madden rating will be lucky to be a 74.
Oh please...they have have always been the most overrated team in the Have fun with 6-10, a decade of Cheatriots karma coming back in full force.

# 30 kenchun24 @ 08/13/15 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Wrongggggggg, stick um was legal in the AFL/NFL days. '70s Raiders & Steelers were intimidating mano e mano, straight up. No need to bend rules like the sorry sociopath Belicheat does (no huddle legal receiver lineman BS they pulled vs. the Ravens, Spygate and now Tommy Baby caught because he thought he was above the law).

Not to mention the Cheatriots with Shady Brady are the SORRIEST so called "dynasty" team to ever win any Super Bowl. They never dominated ONE SB team, NOT ONE! The Bears, Steelers, Niners, Cowboys, Redskins, Raiders, Broncos, Packers, Seahawks...several multiple SB winning teams that DESTROYED their opponents...mostly back when the NFL actually ALLOWED teams to play defense, before Old 5 Head and Tommy Boy started whining and turned the league into the crappy watered flag football game it's been since 2004.

No matter...the chickens come home to roost. Corrupt Kraft, Shady Brady, and the Belicheat himself have already been branded as cheaters for life by nearly every non Cheatriots NFL fan - casual & hardcore - including the pop culture public opinion. They will never be remembered like the Steeler, Niner, Cowboy Packer, Raider dynasty/Super Bowl teams.

"* * * * For eh verrr! For eh verrr! For eh verrr!" - Squints

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.