Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has added the '02-'03 Mavericks & '99-'00 Trail Blazers to the list of classic teams in NBA 2K16. While this has been covered already from the leaked video footage, we wanted to post the information for those of you that might have missed it.

There will be 12 new classic teams added this year, 5 of them have now been confirmed. The 99-'00 Raptors, '07-08 Celtics, '00-'01 Lakers were previously revealed on NBA 2KTV.

Ronnie2K mentions 2 more teams will be revealed every Thursday, 3 of which will be repeats.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Mauer4MVP @ 08/06/15 04:11 PM
It'd be great to have Barkley in the game on a Suns team.

In fact, I'd guess two Suns teams will be added.

# 2 redsox4evur @ 08/06/15 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
It'd be great to have Barkley in the game on a Suns team.

In fact, I'd guess two Suns teams will be added.
And it won't happen until the League changes it's stance on retired players. Barkley doesn't want his likeness in video games because he hates how the league treats their retired players.

# 3 BA2929 @ 08/06/15 04:18 PM
Too bad. One year short of super fat Shawn Kemp on the Blazers.

# 4 iLLWiLL @ 08/06/15 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
And it won't happen until the League changes it's stance on retired players. Barkley doesn't want his likeness in video games because he hates how the league treats their retired players.

How does the league treat its retired players? I am not aware, it's not something I've heard about... Can't be nearly as bad as how the NFL treats its former players though.

# 5 Mauer4MVP @ 08/06/15 04:22 PM
Quote:
Don't they already have a deal worked out for insurance? And the transition from player to coaching or management is so common. What other issues exist?

# 6 The 24th Letter @ 08/06/15 04:25 PM
I assume Pip, Bonzi and Sheed will have 'blaze it up' badges?

# 7 Cowboyfan_19 @ 08/06/15 04:28 PM
Ok, so now that this means that Shawn Bradley will be apart of the offical roster (other than MyTeam), does this mean that we can now edit legend's max height to be 7'6 rather than 7'2?

It was a pain to see created Yao Mings and Manute Bols only 7'2.

Also this SHOULD NOT APPLY to mycareer, just for editing roster.

# 8 slowdifference @ 08/06/15 04:33 PM
02-03 Mavericks were an offensive juggernaut. They would fit better into todays more open NBA game. Should be fun to play with those guys

# 9 Mauer4MVP @ 08/06/15 04:49 PM
There has to be a Pacers team with Miller added, right? I'm just trying to think of notable teams or players left out and he seems like a big one. Not sure which team I'd like most.

O'Neal-Miller-Artest would be fun.

# 10 Wildcats302 @ 08/06/15 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
There has to be a Pacers team with Miller added, right? I'm just trying to think of notable teams or players left out and he seems like a big one. Not sure which team I'd like most.

O'Neal-Miller-Artest would be fun.
Maybe if Miller is the new commentator taking Kerr's place he will let himself be used as a classic player. Otherwise, didn't he have similar issues to Barkley or something? I'm not sure, just speculating. It would be fun though for sure.

# 11 TheBarcaBoy @ 08/06/15 05:07 PM
The 2004 Detroit Pistons got to be on NBA 2K16! Best TEAM of the 2000s Era!
They used to hold teams under 70 points, no superstars just a group of guys that knew how to play together to prove that you don't need a Superstar or a Big Three to Win a Championship!

# 12 redsox4evur @ 08/06/15 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarcaBoy
They used to hold teams under 70 points, no superstars just a group of guys that knew how to play together to prove that you don't need a Superstar or a Big Three to Win a Championship!
Umm this is the same team that had Ben and Rasheed Wallace, Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups right? I would consider at least one of those guys to be a superstar.

# 13 Wildcats302 @ 08/06/15 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarcaBoy
I'm sorry but LOL at the bold.

# 14 ballstreet2k @ 08/06/15 05:44 PM
can't wait

# 15 VDusen04 @ 08/06/15 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
How does the league treat its retired players? I am not aware, it's not something I've heard about... Can't be nearly as bad as how the NFL treats its former players though.
I'd have to find the radio interview again, but I recall Barkley referencing a lack of retirement compensation for his former teammates and opponents. The way he stated it, it had nothing to do with his own compensation (apparently he initially turned down a heavy sum from 2K to appear in 2K13) and everything to do with everyone else. He eventual caved and joined 2K13, but only on the Dream Team and only after Jay-Z called to reel him in.

# 16 NINJAK2 @ 08/06/15 05:51 PM
02-03 Mavs--Were Finley, Nash, and Van Exel on that squad??

# 17 VDusen04 @ 08/06/15 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Yessir! That's the one.

Quote:
Umm this is the same team that had Ben and Rasheed Wallace, Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups right? I would consider at least one of those guys to be a superstar.
That squad was interesting to me because prior to their championship victory, all anyone wanted to say was how they were just composed of a bunch of pretty good players with no single superstar (only current All-Star was Ben Wallace).

However, after they won, suddenly the entire team was treated by many as being stacked. I even remember a 34-year-old Lindsey Hunter getting a huge ratings boost from 2K the following year. I'm okay with that perception though, because I'd been waiting for years for folks to recognize Detroit's greatness. I just shudder at how history would have treated them had they not won one in 2004 - the same old "Can't win without a superstar" assertions would still be going strong today.

# 18 midwestking100 @ 08/06/15 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Its going to be very interesting to see if the ice is finally going to break between Van Exel and 2K since his likeness wasn't acquired in the past.

# 19 VDusen04 @ 08/06/15 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
Its going to be very interesting to see if the ice is finally going to break between Van Exel and 2K since his likeness wasn't acquired in the past.
That's a good point, forgot his likeness wasn't on the '98 Lakers squads.

Playoff rosters for each club:

2000 Blazers
Scottie Pippen
Bonzi Wells
Rasheed Wallace
Arvydas Sabonis
Damon Stoudamire
Gary Grant
Detlef Schrempf
Steve Smith
Jermaine O'Neal
Brian Grant
Stacey Augmon
Greg Anthony

2003 Mavericks
Dirk Nowitzki
Steve Nash
Michael Finley
Shawn Bradley
Adrian Griffin
Eduardo Najera
Raef LaFrentz
Nick Van Exel
Raja Bell
Walt Williams
Tariq Abdul-Wahad
Evan Eschmeyer

# 20 NINJAK2 @ 08/06/15 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Yessir! That's the one.

That squad was interesting to me because prior to their championship victory, all anyone wanted to say was how they were just composed of a bunch of pretty good players with no single superstar (only current All-Star was Ben Wallace).

However, after they won, suddenly the entire team was treated by many as being stacked. I even remember a 34-year-old Lindsey Hunter getting a huge ratings boost from 2K the following year. I'm okay with that perception though, because I'd been waiting for years for folks to recognize Detroit's greatness. I just shudder at how history would have treated them had they not won one in 2004 - the same old "Can't win without a superstar" assertions would still be going strong today.

That team should have won 2. That Spurs/Pistons series was great and it came down to a very competetive game 7 that went back and forth..

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100

I hope they can get him..I loved watching him play in Dallas. I called him DareDevil-"The Man Without Fear" as he seemed to hit alot of big shots and would pull up from anywhere

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.