Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Steph Curry has just posted a quick NBA 2K16 video clip of himself in NBA 2K16, complete with mouth guard. Steph mentions on his Instagram that a Beyond the Shadows video is coming Monday.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 CookNBA03 @ 08/07/15 11:15 AM
Gameplay on Monday?

# 22 IGhostUlt @ 08/07/15 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
The lighting on his mouth guard isn't right. We should see a reflection from the saliva. And I can't quite make out the molecules that form his nose hairs. His face is a little too fat and he has at least 15% more arm pit hair in that clip than he does in real life.

Perhaps if we discuss this for another 40 pages they'll rescan his teeth and nose hair?
Omg 2k can't get criticized so I'm gonna go cry about it. Get out of here dude.

# 23 VDusen04 @ 08/07/15 11:25 AM
I never even thought introducing movable mouthguards like that would ever be possible, so that's pretty freaking awesome. And I didn't even notice the quote on the shoe until you guys pointed it out, not to mention the detail on his ankle braces. Small-big details like those are some of my favorite things in the world.

Sidenote, respect to NBA 2K's marketing team so far for not being the obnoxious hype men we'd seen in years past. I'm not sure if this stuff qualifies as "undersell, over-deliver" but I definitely enjoy the idea of marketing folks not trying to pull one over on me, opting instead to primarily just let the game do the talking.

# 24 D13 @ 08/07/15 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
He sort of has Klay Thompson's complexion here but overall it looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He looks very much like Klay at different angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 25 BEARYChi @ 08/07/15 11:27 AM
NOOICE!!!
http://i.imgur.com/GQp8XLk.png

# 26 LorenzoDC @ 08/07/15 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I never even thought introducing movable mouthguards like that would ever be possible, so that's pretty freaking awesome. And I didn't even notice the quote on the shoe until you guys pointed it out, not to mention the detail on his ankle braces. Small-big details like those are some of my favorite things in the world.

Sidenote, respect to NBA 2K's marketing team so far for not being the obnoxious hype men we'd seen in years past. I'm not sure if this stuff qualifies as "undersell, over-deliver" but I definitely enjoy the idea of marketing folks not trying to pull one over on me, opting instead to primarily just let the game do the talking.
Yeah, I agree, but I think you jinxed it. There's time left on the clock.

# 27 WTF @ 08/07/15 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Creepy.

Definitely approaching uncanny valley. His eyes get really scary when he looks down and when the mouthguard pops out it somehow reminds me of some morph animation in a horror game, like Resident Evil.

Something is a little bit off about the likeness in the eyes, possibly because his eyelid folds often look "sleepier" or thicker in real life.

But that little side sneer-- that's so spot on. And one of the things I've wanted was for 2K to animate the wrist bounce in shot animations. SO NICE that they got it in his free throw routine.

Yes, this is me going into weirdly specific detail. I only watched him for several hundred hours this year.
I agree with his eyes being off, and that's a big part of his appearance. I know he was scanned, so he probably had his eyes wide open the entire time, but that throws it off to me.

But the clip looks awesome otherwise. The mouth guard is awesome, the ankle brace is great, the detail on the shoe is slick. I get more amped every day for basketball videogame season to be upon us.

Now, show me Wiggins. I can't run an association with Towns and Wiggins unless he's got a better scan.

# 28 Hassan Darkside @ 08/07/15 11:32 AM
Good stuff.

Can't wait to see all of the other little details they put in.

# 29 Da-Man @ 08/07/15 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
The lighting on his mouth guard isn't right. We should see a reflection from the saliva. And I can't quite make out the molecules that form his nose hairs. His face is a little too fat and he has at least 15% more arm pit hair in that clip than he does in real life.

Perhaps if we discuss this for another 40 pages they'll rescan his teeth and nose hair?
They even got the number of hairs on his head wrong. I just counted from a real life screen shot and compared it to the video and it's way off... I'm so not buying this game.

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk

# 30 Mauer4MVP @ 08/07/15 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I agree with his eyes being off, and that's a big part of his appearance. I know he was scanned, so he probably had his eyes wide open the entire time, but that throws it off to me.

But the clip looks awesome otherwise. The mouth guard is awesome, the ankle brace is great, the detail on the shoe is slick. I get more amped every day for basketball videogame season to be upon us.

Now, show me Wiggins. I can't run an association with Towns and Wiggins unless he's got a better scan.

# 31 Sundown @ 08/07/15 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04

Yeah, I didn't even see the quote on the shoe. The handwritten script is even correct. They probably just scanned a shoe that Curry actually signed. This is amazing. As are the accurately modeled Zamst braces. Maybe a few things need tweaking but every detail you can ask for is there.

I'm a little underwhelmed by the results of the body scan. He seems under muscled and under defined in certain shots, like the polygon mesh or normal map wasn't defined enough -- however proportionally he looks and feels right, and that's going to make a huge difference in actual play. From other angles he looks great, like the lat/armpit area. I'm sure LD2K oversaw this effort.

Speaking of which, yes, the marketing guys are much more subdued this year. It's a welcome change and I welcome them smacking me over the head with unexpected content rather than tweets about tweets about maybe a screenshot. Good job 2K. Not making the game available at Gamescom might also been a good call by Ronny too. Sure, we would have seen more (shaky cam) content by now, but I'd prefer it to be properly showcased.

Sim nation livestream this week, DaCzar?

# 32 scottyp180 @ 08/07/15 11:41 AM
Damn that might put to rest my "concerns" over graphics. Game looks damn good. There's always going to be things to improve on but I really can't nit pick at this point. One thing 2k seems to improve on is the little things. They might not always have the best looking visuals but they are almost always ahead of the curve with the tiny details (mouth guards, written message on shoes, Lebron biting finger nails, etc.)

The funny thing is I was thinking to myself the other day "when is a basketball game going to add mouth guards". They have become more popular over the recent years, especially with someone like Curry constantly chewing on his.

# 33 Sundown @ 08/07/15 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron_On_Mars
Great so lemme guess that the mouth piece addiction pretty much made this THE DEBUT "2K16 gameplay" since he's just walking up to the free throw line himself and no other players are shown
I'm waiting for a GOAT Momentus trailer that consists of nothing but 3 minutes of mouthguard chewing set to Phil Collin's "In The Air Tonight".

# 34 WishListGOD 1 OF 2 @ 08/07/15 11:45 AM
Nice addition would love to have the option to color the mouthguards, but this pretty cool.

# 35 getzmunney @ 08/07/15 11:55 AM
Is it me or the player animations look alot smoother and fluid this year... Looks amazing. After reading some comments I've come to the realization that; some people will always cry and complain. Great job 2k....now fix MJ please!!!!! Lol

# 36 eko718 @ 08/07/15 12:11 PM
Ok, ok... I can dig it. Hair looks fine here... Body type looks good, Curry looks proper... lighting tho...?

# 37 The 24th Letter @ 08/07/15 12:11 PM
MikeGSW that was so unnecessary but I'm not going to sit here and act like I didn't laugh at "nose hair molecules"

That snippet was awesome though...

I can see what guy's are saying about the eyes...I wonder if that it indeed a case of his eye position when scanning..

I swear it seems like some guys were scanned while smiling too..i.e Mario Chalamers...dude is always grinning in game

# 38 bxphenom7 @ 08/07/15 12:15 PM
I honestly feel this Curry is off.

# 39 iLLWiLL @ 08/07/15 12:15 PM
The full-motion clip impressed me much more than the screenshot, because I don't think the screenshot looks like him all too much. But the moving of his eyes to focus on the rim, and fluidity of the graphics was amazing.

# 40 WTF @ 08/07/15 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
MikeGSW that was so unnecessary but I'm not going to sit here and act like I didn't laugh at "nose hair molecules"

That snippet was awesome though...

I can see what guy's are saying about the eyes...I wonder if that it indeed a case of his eye position when scanning..

I swear it seems like some guys were scanned while smiling too..i.e Mario Chalamers...dude is always grinning in game
His eyes throw it off big time to me, but who cares. I'll hate him just the same when he's torching me for 40 pts. Same goes for Klay. Hate them dudes on 2k.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.