Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Steph Curry has just posted a quick NBA 2K16 video clip of himself in NBA 2K16, complete with mouth guard. Steph mentions on his Instagram that a Beyond the Shadows video is coming Monday.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 23 @ 08/07/15 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
am i the only one that thinks this is a horrible version of curry?
Yes you are

# 122 lakers24 @ 08/07/15 06:09 PM
Can I just say the little details are freaking crazy. As soon as I pressed play his body proportion, shoes, shoe script, mouthguard, and shooting motion lunged out to me. Idk if it's just me but for some reason things seem like they are smoother animation wise. Almost like the players had more points of reference on there bodies when doing mocap if that makes sense. Basically appears as if they have a more natural look to their actions.

On the flip side though, you can definitely see what most of us are talking about regarding the "den" lighting of the arenas. The on court lighting isn't the issue, it's the background as they don't stand out at all. Everything is kind of just thrown into darkness beyond a few rows and it makes it harder for the players to stand out against the backdrop (notice Steph's hair almost blends in with the dark of the background).

# 123 hawley088 @ 08/07/15 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yes you are
must have missed the weight he put on this off season

# 124 Vni @ 08/07/15 06:24 PM
I'am not even sure who's trolling and who's not at this point.

# 125 23 @ 08/07/15 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
As usual, shows how bad the lighting is.

And yeah, if you're gonna have your cover man's mouth open, maybe get the teeth correct? There's no gap, and it looks like one tooth is chipped.
They got that look in the larger pic. The chippped tooth as well.

# 126 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/07/15 06:28 PM
Everything looks really good . But why does he look pink lol?

# 127 lakers24 @ 08/07/15 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Everything looks really good . But why does he look pink lol?
There's gotta be a filter because his skintone was perfect in the screenshot

# 128 iLLWiLL @ 08/07/15 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Can I just say the little details are freaking crazy. As soon as I pressed play his body proportion, shoes, shoe script, mouthguard, and shooting motion lunged out to me. Idk if it's just me but for some reason things seem like they are smoother animation wise. Almost like the players had more points of reference on there bodies when doing mocap if that makes sense. Basically appears as if they have a more natural look to their actions.

On the flip side though, you can definitely see what most of us are talking about regarding the "den" lighting of the arenas. The on court lighting isn't the issue, it's the background as they don't stand out at all. Everything is kind of just thrown into darkness beyond a few rows and it makes it harder for the players to stand out against the backdrop (notice Steph's hair almost blends in with the dark of the background).

While things are still dark and details on player models can't really be seen/aren't there, I think it pays off with the smoothness and fluidity of the animations. So in a way it makes up for some lack of graphical fidelity with silky animations that lends itself to more realism ...

# 129 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/07/15 06:46 PM
I'm blocking the word lighting from my vocabulary for a good 10 years

# 130 youvalss @ 08/07/15 06:47 PM
Amazing! Ever since 2K7 they have been finding ways to make it more authentic.

Interesting to see how he puts it back in his mouth, and takes it out again. I think Chris Paul always takes out his mouth guard when he's talking to players/refs. Would love to see how deep they went with this.

# 131 L_Diddy @ 08/07/15 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Amazing! Ever since 2K7 they have been finding ways to make it more authentic.

Interesting to see how he puts it back in his mouth, and takes it out again. I think Chris Paul always takes out his mouth guard when he's talking to players/refs. Would love to see how deep they went with this.
Kd loves to pop his mouth guard in and out all the time as well. Would be awesome if they implemented that too.

# 132 Wildcats302 @ 08/07/15 07:09 PM
19 page thread on this? That is why I enjoy/love this site.

# 133 2_headedmonster @ 08/07/15 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
must have missed the weight he put on this off season
the fact that his forehead, and the concave of his cheeks arent being accentuated by the lights make them appear brawnier than they really are. I think 2k got the width right actually.

# 134 Tybudd @ 08/07/15 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanning2
this game is going to be great

Is it just me, but it isn't close, look at the coloring, and his lips don't match at all, his color and mouth looks closer to his teammate Klay then his own.

# 135 Sports fanantic @ 08/07/15 07:31 PM
Pretty cool seeing so many little details. Hope they added his pregame shooting from the tunnel at Oracle as well.

# 136 LeBron_On_Mars @ 08/07/15 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
19 page thread on this? That is why I enjoy/love this site.

& Chef Curry loves this site too [emoji23][emoji23]

# 137 Oldhead80 @ 08/07/15 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I'am not even sure who's trolling and who's not at this point.
I responded to one of WISports posts but that was my first and last one. When we start criticizing spaces in teeth...I'm done. Moving past the nonsense, I'd like to show my appreciation to the programmers and artists at 2K for actually taking the time to incorporate feedback from this board and others into new visual additions to the game. The OS board the last few years has discussed various subjects such as wingspans, better rim and net sounds, better fitting jerseys, moving hair, improved shoe models, improved body types, mouth guards...there's so much we discuss here that 2K takes and tries to implement in the game I can't help but be appreciative. When I know how many YEARS The Show and Madden fans have been begging for upgrades like improved player models/body types along with various other things it drives that feeling home even more. Thank you 2K for reading and listening.

# 138 Sundown @ 08/07/15 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I would love it if 2k showcases AD shot blocking and JD doing a Euro step. Unless these two have some quirky free throw routine....
Harden's free-throw routine would be flopping. :P

# 139 swac07 @ 08/07/15 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Harden's free-throw routine would be flopping. [emoji14]
Now that was funny looool

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 140 juicey79 @ 08/07/15 07:49 PM
YOOOOOOOO!
Now that is a mike drop moment!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.