Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Steph Curry has just posted a quick NBA 2K16 video clip of himself in NBA 2K16, complete with mouth guard. Steph mentions on his Instagram that a Beyond the Shadows video is coming Monday.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Dmanning2 @ 08/08/15 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
No its not so, as crazy as the teeth comment was its on topic is my point, in which he was wrong because there was a side by side that showed the teeth were indeed scanned.

2k went to that much detail!?

Too bad the original guy we were talking about wasn't giving props to 2k about having teeth. Instead he was complaining that Curry chipped tooth wasn't scanned into the game.

How could someone nitpicking that bad about visuals for a basketball game & can't congratulate 2k on the things they got right based off screenshots the game looks amazing.

# 162 strawberryshortcake @ 08/08/15 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Regarding the bold, I was watching the demo of Crackdown 3 and its physics. I gotta say, if that works how it's supposed to and Sony adopts the cloud gaming thing as well, we could legit see realtime physics in sports games. I can only imagine all 10 guys on the floor having their actual weight etc. determine how they move around the floor. Physical contact would finally be realistic, no more clipping, etc.
Just looked it up. Thanks. But which Crackdown 3 demo video? Do you have a link.

Are you sure about that though? Because from what I can see in these quick time stamps below, is that proper footplanting that connects the player to the ground is still far from ideal. Notice how the characters foot slips and slides as he shoots his gun. No way does a real live person slides his foot like so.

If physics was truly present, the ricochet of firing the gun would propel that Crackdown 3 character to move back because his foot was essentially sliding all over the place when he fired.

When I'm talking about real footplanting, I'm literally talking about absolutely no 'motion shifting' by the foot whatsoever, not 1 centimeter, not 1 microcenter at all. If you want the character to move in a certain direction, I want to see the foot actually push off the ground (without absolutely any microscopic motion shifting of the foot whatsoever) and propel the person in the desired direction.

This the first thing I check for in NBA2k and any other sports game is real footplanting, especially on the defensive side.

Crackdown 3 demo (1:10) and (1:18 - 1:24). I see a lot of these type of fictitious "footplanting" visible for NBA 2k defensive players. Something is simply not translating properly from the motion capture sessions to NBA2k video game, or your other sports games.

# 163 Dmanning2 @ 08/08/15 01:15 AM
If you want to get bent out of shape about things you can only see in instant replay zoomed all the way in. That's on you.

I hoped they fixed defensive, servers, basketballs going through defenders bodyparts. Rebounding/boxing out has been broken since what 2k6? A decade ago..

# 164 sead94 @ 08/08/15 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GudStuffzz
dooope. only thing that kinda bothered me was his pink skin.
Cudos to 2K for the hard worked done, but the skin tone is off, kinda ruining the WOW effect. Plus, as experienced in the years past, graphic details will not grant love for the game if the gameplay is off (like it was in many areas in 2k15).

# 165 23 @ 08/08/15 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanning2
Too bad the original guy we were talking about wasn't giving props to 2k about having teeth. Instead he was complaining that Curry chipped tooth wasn't scanned into the game.

How could someone nitpicking that bad about visuals for a basketball game & can't congratulate 2k on the things they got right based off screenshots the game looks amazing.
I agree and thats why i pointed out that it was there. Either way that was a huge ridiculous nitpick and why i cant wait til they move on from this stage.

# 166 23 @ 08/08/15 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
What I was saying was that in the game, they gave him a chipped tooth. When in fact, he doesn't have a chipped tooth in real life. Unless it happened recently. But if you go to google images, you can see his tooth isn't chipped.
There is an image with a tooth chipped or worn down on the lefts side. Maybe from chewing mouth pieces....but its definitely there,they didnt give him anything

# 167 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/08/15 02:10 AM

# 168 23 @ 08/08/15 02:19 AM
Quote:
I'll take your word for it if you say you saw a pic of him with a chipped tooth. But if you look at recent pics of him...like holding his MVP trophy...there is no chip. So are they going off an old photo?

Either way, the tooth thing honestly doesn't bother me. I just find it strange if they did randomly put a chip in it (and didn't give him the small gap). I mean, if they're going for realism, why wouldn't they make his teeth correct, ya know? Would it really require that much more work? Nah.

As of now, from what we've seen, the lighting is really the only thing that really irks me. That is until they release more pics and we find out the body scanning is a total gimmick.

Yep, its post #49 in this thread, and there is front teeth separation, but since its scanned it doesn't show as prominitley

I cannot believe you are even worried about this man..this convo is crazy

# 169 AceDawg5 @ 08/08/15 02:28 AM
There's definitely some OCD going on here. But, as someone said earlier it's both good and bad. That's how critical I am when it comes to shoes and atmosphere. I know 23 agrees with me on the shoe thing. Hard to think 1 tooth is an issue, but OS is a mixture of fanatics. In the end hopefully we all get what we want, a great gaming experience. Not sure about everyone else but I sold 2k15 3 months ago because it simply had zero replay value to me and I'm not sure why. 1st time I've ever done that, normally I play from release day to the next and trade old for new. With visuals and small details like this I'm hopefull I can play this 1 all year.

# 170 iLLWiLL @ 08/08/15 02:44 AM
Teeth aren't a major deal to me. Neither is ankle braces or any other equipment accessory being slightly off.

But I do care about lighting. And again, many people here view it very short-sighted, it's not just about making things brighter. To me it brings out the graphic details and most importantly, brings everything closer to a TV broadcast level. I mean, isn't that everyone's goal here in terms of graphics? To immerse us into the game such that we feel we are actually controlling the players in a real life broadcasted game? Something so real that we forget we're actually looking at a videogame? It is for me. And of course it's not a deal-breaker if the graphics aren't there yet. But I do think sports game should be, and already are working to that level of realism. Hence, why some of us appear to be nitpicking this type of stuff. It has nothing to do with not appreciating what we have.

# 171 lakers24 @ 08/08/15 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Just looked it up. Thanks. But which Crackdown 3 demo video? Do you have a link.

Are you sure about that though? Because from what I can see in these quick time stamps below, is that proper footplanting that connects the player to the ground is still far from ideal. Notice how the characters foot slips and slides as he shoots his gun. No way does a real live person slides his foot like so.

If physics was truly present, the ricochet of firing the gun would propel that Crackdown 3 character to move back because his foot was essentially sliding all over the place when he fired.

When I'm talking about real footplanting, I'm literally talking about absolutely no 'motion shifting' by the foot whatsoever, not 1 centimeter, not 1 microcenter at all. If you want the character to move in a certain direction, I want to see the foot actually push off the ground (without absolutely any microscopic motion shifting of the foot whatsoever) and propel the person in the desired direction.

This the first thing I check for in NBA2k and any other sports game is real footplanting, especially on the defensive side.

Crackdown 3 demo (1:10) and (1:18 - 1:24). I see a lot of these type of fictitious "footplanting" visible for NBA 2k defensive players. Something is simply not translating properly from the motion capture sessions to NBA2k video game, or your other sports games.

Spoiler
It was an IGN stage demo and I'm not referring to the actual character in Crackdown but the system they are using to allow the player to destroy the entire city. Every building is destructible and each physical piece of destruction in the world is tangible. Obviously that isn't possible on systems alone because of the computing power needed so they are using cloud servers to account for the extra juice needed. Each particular section of the city is tied to an individual server and it's even so detailed that if a piece from one building crosses into another servers section it becomes a part of that server instantaneously.
Now obviously 2k (or pretty much any sports game) wouldn't need THAT much computing power, but you get the idea. Being able to use the cloud for extra computing power would remove those restrictions for physics and A.I.

# 172 23 @ 08/08/15 03:22 AM
Quote:
I'm not "worried" about it by no means.

But even if someone is, it doesn't matter to me. If tiny things like that matter to them, who am I to tell them what should and shouldn't bother them.

Just like in the other thread, you saying the lighting bothers you, and others thinking you (and us others) are nuts.
Bruh

You've been complaining all year about the game but a chipped tooth though?

I mean

We aint talking about the game you play

The game you burn 100s of watts of electricity for

Not the game you lose sleep over

Not the game you look forward to getting hyped to every year

But we talking bout a chipped tooth

# 173 Vni @ 08/08/15 03:39 AM
I have a chipped tooth btw. I feel offended.

# 174 ClevelandinDistress @ 08/08/15 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanning2
If you want to get bent out of shape about things you can only see in instant replay zoomed all the way in. That's on you.

I hoped they fixed defensive, servers, basketballs going through defenders bodyparts. Rebounding/boxing out has been broken since what 2k6? A decade ago..
I've played way too much NBA 2k to admit, and the rebounding has always been a strong point for me.

# 175 Sinner @ 08/08/15 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Bruh

You've been complaining all year about the game but a chipped tooth though?

I mean

We aint talking about the game you play

The game you burn 100s of watts of electricity for

Not the game you lose sleep over

Not the game you look forward to getting hyped to every year

But we talking bout a chipped tooth

Bruh! I knew someone was going to go there, hell even I thought about it for a brief moment Lol

Have to say though 2k devs obviously check out these threads, just wished some of these little nit picky things didn't take up so much of the threads so they could read through things more easily to see the bigger issues that may need to get tweaked or fixed.

# 176 JohnnyCash2015 @ 08/08/15 10:24 AM
https://instagram.com/p/6ICMo6m25G/

Not thread worthy, can't confirm 16 either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 177 Gilley @ 08/08/15 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
https://instagram.com/p/6ICMo6m25G/

Not thread worthy, can't confirm 16 either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The logo watermark in the bottom left corner looks like it says 2K15 but it's too blurry to be completely sure.

Edit: I think that's an Xbox 360 too. Haha.

# 178 Gilley @ 08/08/15 12:05 PM
The fact that we are even talking about teeth in a video game is amazing.

# 179 lakers24 @ 08/08/15 01:28 PM
Man, I still remember the only way I could tell who a player was-was by looking at the name under his feet when you switched to them. The detail they have now is bonkers to me. Sometimes going and playing retro games can be a reality check when you need it, and I'm not talking about Atari either. Just go play Nba 2k3 or GTA San Andreas and watch how awful you think it looks.

# 180 23 @ 08/08/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Bruh! I knew someone was going to go there, hell even I thought about it for a brief moment Lol

Have to say though 2k devs obviously check out these threads, just wished some of these little nit picky things didn't take up so much of the threads so they could read through things more easily to see the bigger issues that may need to get tweaked or fixed.
It would take alot of stark modding to make that happen which Ill do a bit of, but if OS ever decided to mod this forum like the madden forum then it would happen easily.

Its only so much I can take at one time though so at some point i leave the nitpickers to spend their money and take the rest of the time tearing down their own decision and just enjoy the games myself.

Lighting and art have alot to do with the game... but a chipped tooth

Anyway look forward to Monday

Alot of you guys weren't here when Wallyhopp used to always tell 2k to get the stadium floor colors right waaaaaaay back when like 2003 2002 and at some point 5 years later or so he just stopped.

Now everyone has had their say about bad colors and stuff, it just wasnt a host of all kinds of other complaining and constant nitpicking from the same people over and again demanding pefection and shaking their fist at 2k and threatening to buy Inside Drive or whatever

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.