Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released Madden NFL 16 team ratings for the NFC South today, along with a few more player ratings.

Carolina Panthers (80 OVR)

Offense
  • Cam Newton (90 OVR)
  • Greg Olsen (92 OVR)
  • Kelvin Benjamin (86 OVR)
  • Jonathan Stewart (84 OVR)
Defense
  • Luke Kuechly (96 OVR)
  • Thomas Davis (90 OVR)
  • Charles Johnson (89 OVR)
  • Star Lotulelei (98 OVR) - (Most likely a misprint at the time of this post)
  • Charles Tillman (81 OVR)
New Orleans Saints (78 OVR)

Offense
  • Drew Brees (95 OVR)
  • Josh Hill (78 OVR)
  • Max Unger (90 OVR)
  • C.J. Spiller (82 OVR)
  • Brandin Cooks (82 OVR)
Defense
  • Jarius Byrd (91 OVR)
  • Cameron Jordan (87 OVR)
  • Brandon Browner (82 OVR)
  • Hau’oli Kikaha (66 OVR)
Atlanta Falcons (77 OVR)

Offense
  • Matt Ryan (90 OVR)
  • Julio Jones (94 OVR)
  • Roddy White (84 OVR)
  • Leonard Hankerson (76 OVR)
  • Tevin Coleman (74 OVR)
  • Davonta Freeman (75 OVR)
Defense
  • Vic Beasley Jr. (77 OVR/88 SPD)
  • Desmond Trufant (90 OVR)
  • Justin Durant (84 OVR)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (74 OVR)

Offense
  • Jameis Winston (81 OVR)
  • Mike Evans (87 OVR)
  • Vincent Jackson (86 OVR)
  • Doug Martin (78 OVR)
  • Charles Sims (72 OVR)
  • Logan Mankins (86 OVR)
  • Ali Marpet (70 OVR)
  • Donovan Smith (67 OVR)
Defense
  • Gerald McCoy (93 OVR)
  • Lavonte David (91 OVR)
  • Alterraun Verner (87 OVR)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SolidSquid @ 08/09/15 03:10 PM
Evans is only one point higher than Kelvin Benjamin? Cmon man

# 2 Falconsfan21 @ 08/09/15 03:12 PM
Cam shouldnt be rated the same as Ryan. Ryan is a better QB. But Carolina does have the better defense.

# 3 ATLBrayden @ 08/09/15 03:31 PM
I hope Cam Newton is rated the same as Ryan because of his athleticism, the two should not have comparable throwing stats at all besides the fact that Cam has a cannon.

# 4 dpower15 @ 08/09/15 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan21
Cam shouldnt be rated the same as Ryan. Ryan is a better QB. But Carolina does have the better defense.

I also think Ryan is better but we have to assume Cams speed, strength, running (carry, agility, etc.) attributes are what offset Ryan's better throwing attributes.

Does anyone know if the Falcons new stadium will be in the after two years? I believe the Vikings is but that's for 2016 and I think the Falcons move 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 5 ATLBrayden @ 08/09/15 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
I also think Ryan is better but we have to assume Cams speed, strength, running (carry, agility, etc.) attributes are what offset Ryan's better throwing attributes.

Does anyone know if the Falcons new stadium will be in the after two years? I believe the Vikings is but that's for 2016 and I think the Falcons move 2017.

It's been confirmed the new ATL stadium won't be in until M17.

# 6 NDAlum @ 08/09/15 03:42 PM
Matt Ryan is a franchise QB
Cam Newton is a franchise QB

I think they are both pretty comparable in terms of overall talent. Seems about right to me.

# 7 georgiafan @ 08/09/15 03:45 PM
Cam and Ryan being rated 6 points higher then Stafford is way off to me and I'm a fan of Ryan also

# 8 KOYO78 @ 08/09/15 03:55 PM
The Ratings are what they are it will change RELAX people.

# 9 dpower15 @ 08/09/15 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
It's been confirmed the new ATL stadium won't be in until M17.

Dang figured that would be the case. Thanks!

# 10 Basketball Nate @ 08/09/15 04:11 PM
CJ Spiller better not be rated higher than Mark Ingram, and where the hell is Keenan Lewis and Kenny Vaccaro on that list?

# 11 jhigginsluckow @ 08/09/15 04:18 PM
This is why they need some sort of on-field advantage for a player with higher awareness. Cam Newton isn't significantly less accurate throwing than Matt Ryan, but as a passer he's not advanced at going through progressions, leading him to not be as good of a passer. Vision cone was highly debated, but at least it was an attempt to give pocket passers more of an advantage.

# 12 SolidSquid @ 08/09/15 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
This is why they need some sort of on-field advantage for a player with higher awareness. Cam Newton isn't significantly less accurate throwing than Matt Ryan, but as a passer he's not advanced at going through progressions, leading him to not be as good of a passer. Vision cone was highly debated, but at least it was an attempt to give pocket passers more of an advantage.
The vision can was the most revolutionary improvement to madden. It actually worked for the player and the cpu, really wish they would bring it back as an OPTION or find a way to reimplement something similar.

# 13 Emman2013 @ 08/09/15 04:31 PM
How the heck is Desmond Trufant a CB (90 ovr) higher than Brandon Browner (82 ovr) ?

Just curious even though overalls don't play a role in the game.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

# 14 SolidSquid @ 08/09/15 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emman2013
How the heck is Desmond Trufant a CB (90 ovr) higher than Brandon Browner (82 ovr) ?

I'm I missing something am curious.

Truant is a little high for me but he is absolutely better than browner

# 15 jfsolo @ 08/09/15 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
Interestingly enough, the stats show that last year Newton was actually a considerably less accurate passer than Ryan. 14% of Ryan's incompletes were bad throws, third best in the league, vs. 21% of Newton's throws being bad, bottom five in the league. Cam's athleticism should be what's pulling his rating up so high, because his accuracy ratings should be much lower.

# 16 ATLBrayden @ 08/09/15 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emman2013

Just curious even though overalls don't play a role in the game.

Are you saying Trufant isn't better than Browner??? PFF had Trufant rated as the 4th best CB (higher than Revis, who was #5) last season. Browner wasn't even in the top 10.

# 17 Emman2013 @ 08/09/15 05:03 PM
Am not saying he isn't better than Browner I'm just wondering why he's a 90, that's a little high and Browner a 82

Seems that I figured out why.

# 18 grodbetatted @ 08/09/15 05:22 PM
The most Par division in the league

# 19 iNolaNightmare @ 08/09/15 05:54 PM
Yeah, Trufant is a beast. But Keenan Lewis should be the highest rated corner on the Saints, not Browner.

# 20 angels eclipse7 @ 08/09/15 07:41 PM
For those of you saying that Trufant is overrated, you must have not seen many Falcon's games last year. Trufant is in fact, underrated and should be at least have a 91 overall rating. And I am not a Falcons homer. In fact, I would have Ryan, Julio, Freeman, Coleman, and almost all of the other Falcon's players rated slightly lower. But Trufant was an elite corner last year on a defense that provided no pass rush. he would shut down receivers for 2-3 seconds longer than Sherman or Revis would have to. He is an elite defensive player on a defense with mostly backup quality players.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.