Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed the first NBA 2K16 digital short, titled Stephen Curry: Beyond the Shadows. The video showcases some of the first looks at NBA 2K16 gameplay.

The video chronicles the inspiring history of NBA superstar and cover athlete Steph Curry’s rise to dominance. Narrated by Spike Lee, the montage of gameplay and true life footage showcases Curry’s journey from being drafting by the Golden State Warriors to winning the 2014-15 NBA Championship.

This video is the first in a three part series focusing on the life story of NBA 2K16’s cover athletes, complementing this year’s #BeTheStory MyCAREER narrative.

We snipped out all of the NBA 2K16 footage from the video here, if you want to take a look.

NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on September 29. If you pre-order at participating North American retail and online vendors, you get it on September 25, along with in-game bonuses.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 lakers24 @ 08/10/15 07:00 PM
New observation (i'm turning into the only OS CSI I see lol): The crowd now has ball tracking. It's really noticeable during Curry's 3.

# 142 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/10/15 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
9.99 music album and 59.99 video game is a wee bit different there man lol.

$16 bucks *

# 143 jbthegreat @ 08/10/15 07:08 PM
Quote:
Only real issues I have with the 2K marketing is the lame over teases for months on end with no real meat to chew on for a while and the moving away of how video game marketing used to be.

Remember back in the days when you could pick up a gaming magazine and get a write up on the upcoming sports titles. It'd be like the July or August issue and there'd be a few screenshots and a decent preview on the modes and a few gameplay improvements and by the time the last month came around, you could find even more videos of full games being played online. This whole thing of putting everything off until the last 2-4 weeks is a little bit annoying. Especially since during that 2-4 weeks we still don't get info released every day. It's like Monday you'll get something, then Friday. Not the end of the world, but it's a little off putting what the marketing cycle has turned into. At least this year they've toned down the announcement of announcement hyping and receipt re-tweeting.
Is that too much to ask for.

# 144 2_headedmonster @ 08/10/15 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel16harris
Attachment 104168 old footage?? Steph doesn't have on the ankle supports that he did in the free throw routine snippet

Sent from my SHIELD using Tapatalk
i hate that they added elevation to his jumpshot to slow it down.

# 145 Starwipe @ 08/10/15 07:27 PM
His jumper is off. Jumps way too high and releases it way too late. Probably been said, but I ain't reading 9 pages.

# 146 iLLWiLL @ 08/10/15 07:32 PM
The more that I see that Steph Curry mouthpiece chewing clip, the less I think it looks like him. His face looks too broad, while IRL his face is quite narrow

# 147 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/10/15 07:37 PM

# 148 King_B_Mack @ 08/10/15 07:42 PM
(Insert generic 2K lighting joke here)

(Inserted)

# 149 2_headedmonster @ 08/10/15 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwipe
His jumper is off. Jumps way too high and releases it way too late. Probably been said, but I ain't reading 9 pages.
The added elevation did that to the animation. I don't understand what 2k has against naturally quick releases. You have the man in studio capturing his own jumper yet you feel the need to modify it.

# 150 The 24th Letter @ 08/10/15 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Serious question. How much does 2K pay you?

But I'll play.

-Same dull/drab lighting
-Players legs still to dang thick
-Shorts till looking like Jalen Rose Michigan shorts
-Body scans look to be something they shouldn't have even hyped
-Again, worse lighting than their build TWO years ago

BINGO!!!!

The same as the Bucks pay you to obsess over Gianni's skin tone? IDK...

I still need you spamming in the Photographic thread for BINGO....but I'm not worried about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 151 iLLWiLL @ 08/10/15 07:52 PM
Quote:
(Insert generic 2K lighting joke here)

(Inserted)

Nice try, but I think we all know that's not the actual stadium lighting but merely a result of the camera's flash ...

# 152 King_B_Mack @ 08/10/15 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Nice try, but I think we all know that's not the actual stadium lighting but merely a result of the camera's flash ...
Not trying to pass it off as the actual lighting in an arena man. But it's cute that's how you took it.

# 153 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/10/15 07:56 PM
Quote:
Not trying to pass it off as the actual lighting in an arena man. But it's cute that's how you took it.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

# 154 iLLWiLL @ 08/10/15 08:07 PM
Quote:

Man, that really showed me, your sarcasm game is on point

# 155 Wildcats302 @ 08/10/15 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
Blah blah blah. People say this every year and every year they prove them wrong. Innovate and improve. Every damn year.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. But we all know you will. Because they all do. In the end.
He said he was gonna buy Live DOG LOL. Reading someone calling another guy on here "dog" is about the most hilarious thing I've read in this thread.

I would have liked to see more gameplay, but I am not surprised. This is supposed to be a hype trailer...and for more casual people it worked no doubt. The game comes out in 50 days if you get it on that Tuesday, and that means it is still 46 days away if you get it early. That is 6.5-7 weeks so they have plenty of time to stretch out the release of in-depth mode information in the next month. People need to be patient, but oh wait...it's the internet so nevermind

# 156 WTF @ 08/10/15 08:10 PM
Ya'll dudes are in here kickin other fools into the pit, like this is Sparta. Some serious business in here, lol.

# 157 The 24th Letter @ 08/10/15 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Seriously tho, anytime someone says anything critical of the game, you get all defensive. It's funny and annoying all at once.

And I suppose now it doesn't matter if a players skin tone is way off, huh? Lol.

If you say so......you look on this front page you'll see my threads about players falling for no reason and broken sig highlights...you look in my post history just today you'll see talking about things 2k can improve like their shot contest logic etc....never had a problem criticizing the game....never will. Pretty easy to back that up.

Your post history:

Spoiler

constantly....about everything...

So I'll guess we'll just have to be annoyed with each other's posts...all good with me...

# 158 Da_Czar @ 08/10/15 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Ya'll dudes are in here kickin other fools into the pit, like this is Sparta. Some serious business in here, lol.

LOL. it's like dudes don't like non perfect games no more WTF. Jeesh. The thirst is real in these sim streets!!!

# 159 Junior Moe @ 08/10/15 08:14 PM
What's with the constant trolling? Damn man! Yall don't like (or have substantial issues with) 2K. Cool. There's another game option, have fun with that this year. Why come into every 2K thread bitching? It's getting old, man. Same 3 folks...

# 160 The 24th Letter @ 08/10/15 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

Come October:

Spoiler

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.