Home
PES 2016 News Post

More PES 2016 videos are available today, including human vs. Top Player A.I. gameplay between France and Brazil and human vs. Superstar A.I. gameplay between A.S. Roma and Juventus F.C., thanks to PESVision.

A couple of other videos are also available, courtesy of NextGenGamingBlog. These showcase matches between FC Bayern München and Juventus F.C., as well as SC Corinthians vs. Palmeiras.

Check out the videos below and let us know what you think. Click the spoiler buttons to see more.

PES 2016: PES Fan vs Top Player AI

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Steve_OS @ 08/10/15 08:49 PM
Added a couple more videos to the OP.

# 2 BL8001 @ 08/10/15 09:03 PM
This may be the greatest soccer/futbol game.

This looks wonderful. Gameplay is excellent.

# 3 Matt10 @ 08/10/15 10:04 PM
Gameplay looks great - better shape for the most part. I still stick to my original thought though about it being chaotic. This can be seen by the amount of times the defending players slip and are having to pick themselves up each time they get out of position - which is just way too many times. The concept of defense is there, but the execution is just a misunderstanding of defensive attitude. If real life players defended that chaotic for 90 minutes at a time, the scoring average would be 10 goals a game, each goal being a result of poor defensive positioning (over-committing) versus actual natural production of a sound attack.

# 4 kashik @ 08/10/15 10:57 PM
I noticed the chaotic movement as well. A lot of jerkiness to their movements, especially when running at an attacker...

You can see the cpu run into the player, or near them, come to a dead stop, then start running again. Very unrealistic.

I spent a bit of time watching the players off the ball, rather than following the play, and you really start to see just how artificial the movement and defensive logic is.

In addition to that, it still seems like the ball is what is actually being controlled and the player moves about it. I don't know if this is how it was prior to 15, but that is one aspect that made 15 seem a bit unrealistic to me. Strange movements and very rigid ball movement on shots.

# 5 BL8001 @ 08/10/15 11:43 PM
I liked 15 a lot. Never felt that ball being controlled thing you mentioned but I will check next time I play.

The thing I like about 15 and what I have seen of 16 is how much better they understand the flow of a game.

The sport is basically controll the ball and move it toward the opponents goal and at some point try too risky of a pass and possesion changes. PES is excellent at replicating that. The cpu will play hopeful balls much like a human would. That is one of my first signs of non-cheaty AI.

I have seen some people complain about keepers in 15 saving the ball into the net, deflections and what not. This happens and happens a lot IRL. It's better than hands of steel deflecting the ball away artificially to prevent goals.

Also in whatever way they have managed it, as I increase the difficulty my team mates don't become idiots. (I am staring right at the other game)
That is a good thing.

We'll see. This might be the best year for both games. I think the other game has way more ground to cover gameplay wise to get better but who knows, maybe they have figured it out.

Pes demo thursday and I have a fut beta invite too, plus ea access of the full game. At least the majority of us should know which one is better before spending $$.

I am buying both, I always have. PES on ps4 and Fifa on the one.

# 6 Simple Mathematics @ 08/11/15 12:34 AM
The game looks good. But I'm still seeing way too many goals per game.

# 7 ShaiLeGran @ 08/11/15 04:24 AM
Happy to see PES being discussed on these OS boards. I want to like PES, but like stated by many, it seems so chaotic. Also, the 30fps vids dont do the game any justice, cause it is much smoother in 60fps. But still, the play seems chaotic a lot of times.

Also, to me it seems that the defence is too good at catching up with offensive players. If a guy like Robben is on the loose, there should be no way he can be caught up (I am looking at you Sergio Ramos ), but in PES - and to a lesser extend in FIFA - you cant break lose like in real life.

I cant play the demo till september because of work, but I would love to read impressions here on the OS boards.

# 8 KG @ 08/11/15 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
Happy to see PES being discussed on these OS boards. I want to like PES, but like stated by many, it seems so chaotic. Also, the 30fps vids dont do the game any justice, cause it is much smoother in 60fps. But still, the play seems chaotic a lot of times.

Also, to me it seems that the defence is too good at catching up with offensive players. If a guy like Robben is on the loose, there should be no way he can be caught up (I am looking at you Sergio Ramos ), but in PES - and to a lesser extend in FIFA - you cant break lose like in real life.

I cant play the demo till september because of work, but I would love to read impressions here on the OS boards.
You have to use different touches to stay ahead of the players if you want to break away. Speed looks more pronounced in 16 from that perspective. PES 14 & 15 was big on momentum. Certain players like Hazard, Neymar, and Messi (to name a few) could change directions much quicker and explode away from players. With different touches you can run away from defenders.

The overall pace of game is MUCH better than FIFA on default but it's slowly moving towards FIFA's breakneck pace (maybe trying to appeal to the youtube crowds). Luckily w/ FIFA you can tinker with more settings than just speed that will slow the action down to your liking.

Keepers looked much better in these videos but still hardly any fouls in there. Players also slide making certain animations look off which generate unrealistic results (overpowered shots for example).

Much like PES 2015 & FIFA 15 the key will be in the tactics/team management and whether or not they work. The AI did look pretty strong, especially considering the assistance level the user was playing on.

# 9 bxphenom7 @ 08/11/15 10:36 AM
Playstation Access has a very nice gameplay video up as well.

# 10 RoyceDa59 @ 08/11/15 11:01 AM
Lack of fouls and the defence line being a little all over the place is worrisome in those videos. PES has also been having the issue for a while when defenders feel the need to pull themselves out of position to mark an attacker breaking toward goal. Nevertheless, the demo will be here soon and I am looking forward to playing it.

# 11 bxphenom7 @ 08/11/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Lack of fouls and the defence line being a little all over the place is worrisome in those videos. PES has also been having the issue for a while when defenders feel the need to pull themselves out of position to mark an attacker breaking toward goal. Nevertheless, the demo will be here soon and I am looking forward to playing it.
This can be changed in defensive tactics. I'm pretty sure you automatically begin the game with the defensive back line playing aggressively rather than conservatively. People need to meddle with tactics much more it seems.

# 12 ShaiLeGran @ 08/11/15 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Playstation Access has a very nice gameplay video up as well.
I dont get it why these vids are 30fps instead of 60fps..

# 13 RoyceDa59 @ 08/11/15 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
This can be changed in defensive tactics. I'm pretty sure you automatically begin the game with the defensive back line playing aggressively rather than conservatively. People need to meddle with tactics much more it seems.
That is probably the case but that just makes more work for us, which probably means the team tactics are going to be all over the place just like last year.

# 14 bxphenom7 @ 08/11/15 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
That is probably the case but that just makes more work for us, which probably means the team tactics are going to be all over the place just like last year.
Hopefully the menus are easier to deal with when it comes to accessing them.

# 15 bigeastbumrush @ 08/11/15 12:57 PM
I was so high on PES.

But lack of sliders and fouls has steered me away.

The game plays too much like bumper cars. Guys getting knocked over and knocked down left & right.

I've seen less than 5 fouls total in all of the videos I've watched including vs. CPU.

Very disappointing.

# 16 KG @ 08/11/15 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I was so high on PES.

But lack of sliders and fouls has steered me away.

The game plays too much like bumper cars. Guys getting knocked over and knocked down left & right.

I've seen less than 5 fouls total in all of the videos I've watched including vs. CPU.

Very disappointing.
It's weird. The 1st video we had access to (weeks ago) had a good amount of fouls but since then they've been noticeably missing. IMO there are 2 things that they could do that would address it:

1. Limit the animation where the dribbler jumps/hops over the challenge to guys with high dribbling + agility traits AND

2. More importantly, decrease the success rate for tackles. Even the slide tackles look to be waaay to accurate. IRL you might see 1 or 2 successful, clean slide tackles per game. I hate to keep bringing up FIFA but for YEARS the main intent on defense was to charge & ram into the guy with the ball. This changed a few years back when they started calling it correctly. It immediately made people change the way they played and focused them on team defending.

Their collision engine is capable of it (you were able to ride challenges very well in PES 15 once you got the hang of dribbling) and the CPU looks more aggressive but there are just far too many clean tackles.

# 17 dubcity @ 08/11/15 02:18 PM
Looks like it's going to be fast, arcadey and probably more fun for the casual gamers. Problem is, casual gamers are still going to prefer FIFA 9 times out of 10 regardless. So, whatever.

I just want fouls, but looks like that ain't happening this year. That would slow the gameplay down too much I guess, smh.

# 18 ty5oke @ 08/11/15 03:25 PM
Crossing by CPU is lacking again and the fouls needs to be addressed. I'm a huge fan of PES but this doesn't look that promising to me.

# 19 RandyBass @ 08/11/15 04:38 PM
Hm, still no fouls.

# 20 kashik @ 08/11/15 11:37 PM
So far, does this game look like a big enough difference for you guys from PES 2015? I gave 2015 a chance, and was going to give 2016 a chance if they carried the momentum forward. It doesn't look to me like that is happening [emoji21]

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.