Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Shopmaster has checked in with another Madden NFL 16 CFM video. While there isn't any footage from the actual game in the video, he talks about the top 10 things you need to know about scouting in this years game.

He goes over when scouting season starts, unlocking stats, combine stats, watch list and much more.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SolidSquid @ 08/11/15 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Am I the only one that thinks the scouting system from the ps2/Xbox/GC is still the best way to scout and draft?
You mean the "word problems"? Like doesn't have elite arm strength but can put the ball where he wants?

And the player comparisons?

That was the most realistic scouting in madden Id love for it to make a come back.

# 22 jcass10 @ 08/11/15 01:02 PM
Theoretically, as GM, if you decided not to scout for a certain time period, you would lose that time.

I dont play online so this doesnt affect me, but I dont mind it.

# 23 carthagebaseball @ 08/11/15 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Lol I dk what to tell you man I really don't. I have work, my fiancée has work which means I'm on kids duty which means tending to their full schedules. Trust me Id love to go back to the time when 5 minutes meant almost nothing to me. Hopefully we have an auto scout feature.
I'm in the same boat as you fella. Wife, kids, Ft job for me, Ft job for the wife, two dogs and an extremely large yard. Yet if I want to, I can find an extra 5 minutes either in the early a.m. before I go to the gym in the morning or in the p.m. after my honey-do list and the kids are in bed.

# 24 VinnyVegas28 @ 08/11/15 01:08 PM
Quote:
With kids and a job that requires me to work 55 hours a week, no I really don't have an extra 5 minutes to scout. I usually saved all scouting until the offseason so I could knock out all the offseason stuff in one session.
I do agree with you that scouting should be done in the offseason primarily. But if I remember shopmaster was able to scout nearly the entire draft almost every week. If you just sim to off season and take whatever points you have at that time, it might make for a good challenge with who you scout. Will have to try it once game is in my hands.

# 25 Number999 @ 08/11/15 01:10 PM
Love the addition of the watch list, should make it so you don't need to write down names on a piece of paper or on a document just to remember the guys that really stood out. Not the hugest fan of the points splitting in half but I guess in a way it rewards you for being on top of everything even if understandably some people have an issue with it.

# 26 Sheba2011 @ 08/11/15 01:10 PM
Quote:
I'm just not happy with a couple decisions they made.

1. Why are we now forced to scout every week or lose points? Coaches and owners don't worry about that stuff during the season, it would make sense if you were playing cfm as a scout but not for coach or owner.
I agree on the other two points but this one I disagree. I like that you lose points if you don't scout. It may or may not be realistic the way they have scouting set up but a real NFL team starts scouting every week, they don't do all of their scouting once the season ends. Usually by the time the Senior Bowl is played teams already have a good idea of who they are targeting in the upcoming draft. If a real team didn't scout at all and tried to do it all in the offseason they would be lost come draft time, and would resort to the old Al Davis method of 'fastest player first'.

# 27 Grey_Osprey @ 08/11/15 02:07 PM
So if you like to incorporate "sim ahead" as part of your franchise, assuming it's still a feature, you now get punished for doing so by loosing scouting points.

And I'm not a fan of this "true draft grade". I don't see how this emulates the NFL at all. The NFL has a history of high draft pick busts and mid to low round gems/steals.

# 28 SolidSquid @ 08/11/15 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I agree on the other two points but this one I disagree. I like that you lose points if you don't scout. It may or may not be realistic the way they have scouting set up but a real NFL team starts scouting every week, they don't do all of their scouting once the season ends. Usually by the time the Senior Bowl is played teams already have a good idea of who they are targeting in the upcoming draft. If a real team didn't scout at all and tried to do it all in the offseason they would be lost come draft time, and would resort to the old Al Davis method of 'fastest player first'.
Real NFL scouts scout all season long.

Coaches(which is what I play as in CFM) don't worry the least about scouting until the season is over for them, then they get with their scout and go over everything

GMs can kinda go either way as it's their discretion. I know our GM Jason Licht was scouting winston and Mariota during the season but not all GMs do.

What the whole things really has me thinking is we need to be able to hire and fire various scouts with different ratings and specialties. Scouts could have a scouting grade (able to find diamonds in the rough) and accuracy grade (how close his ratings are to the players true ratings). Specialties will grant some kinda bonus, example a scout who specializes in DBs gives you a more accurate picture of coverage abilities.

# 29 Godgers12 @ 08/11/15 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Awful decision to make you lose points if you miss a week of scouting. Anyone that has a life outside of an online CFM got the short end of the stick on that one.
Yes because the 2 minutes spent scouting is really going to put a damper on your day.

# 30 Smoke316 @ 08/11/15 05:06 PM
To me, if you can find time to play Madden for 30-40min every sim period, you can scout for a 5-10min. Whether its before the game itself, waiting for your opponent before the game, after the game lol. If you cant find an extra 5-10 min then how are you actively playing in an active online CFM to begin with?

#JustSaying

# 31 EricFreakingBerry @ 08/11/15 05:18 PM
I'm not sure I like the system, I would prefer a graded system in categories to this but I don't get the lost point scouting debate.

If you save all the points to the offseason you're just adding up that time in one lump sum. So you aren't saving any time in the long run. And if you can't take the time to go into it and unlock like one attribute for one player at every position to use your points that week (I'm not sure how many points you get per week and how far they go) then you should lose the points, IMO.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

# 32 Jr. @ 08/11/15 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Yes because the 2 minutes spent scouting is really going to put a damper on your day.
If I have the time for a game, then yes, I can scout. But if I don't have any time to play during a certain advance period, then no, I wouldn't have time to scout either.

It also puts a big damper on simming seasons for online CFMs.

But thanks for your input on how this affects me personally. I appreciate it.

# 33 The JareBear @ 08/11/15 06:47 PM
I think Jr. was mostly referring to sim seasons that some long standing leagues employ once or twice a cycle, typically.

Sim seasons will be hard to implement if you have to stop each weekly advance to have all 32 guys scout before going forward. In a way it almost defeats the purpose of the sim season in general.

Hopefully we can set CPU to scout

Edit:

Sorry, he posted as I was typing this on my iPad

Also, not sure why people so upset with other people for not wanting to be forced to scout every week. It should be an option. Not everyone plays the same way. Just my two cents. I liked to save my scouting till the end as well, regardless of my free time

# 34 jpdavis82 @ 08/11/15 07:35 PM
Just FYI, Rex is supposed to call in on the GameChangers Radio Show tonight. 9-11 PM est

(760) 454-1156

# 35 DerkontheOS @ 08/11/15 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Just FYI, Rex is supposed to call in on the GameChangers Radio Show tonight. 9-11 PM est

(760) 454-1156
Do you have a link to this gamechangers show?

# 36 jpdavis82 @ 08/11/15 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Do you have a link to this gamechangers show?
You can call that number and listen in or http://GameChangersRadio.com

# 37 SyncereBlackout @ 08/11/15 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
To me, if you can find time to play Madden for 30-40min every sim period, you can scout for a 5-10min. Whether its before the game itself, waiting for your opponent before the game, after the game lol. If you cant find an extra 5-10 min then how are you actively playing in an active online CFM to begin with?

#JustSaying

I'm not sure how I or we could opine without playing. At first I didn't care for #3 but if that tells me when the CPU will draft him then it's very useful.

There are countless threads with even the most die hard CFM players struggling with scouting (present company excluded) anything to get the "just scout intangibles" people engaged year round is a good thing.

# 38 DeuceDouglas @ 08/11/15 08:04 PM
Setting up to be my least favorite and worst scouting system (IMO) ever in Madden. Still have to try it but I already know I hate the idea of true draft value. I don't think anything like that should ever be included in the scouting process and should only be known after the player is drafted if at all. I don't like that when you scout a player you always get his highest attribute first. It basically turns scouting into color by numbers because if a guy pops out a C+ first attribute why would you scout anything else? I think they should have made the order random so there was actually a gamble when it came to moving forward with scouting. Losing points is stupid no matter how you twist it. Forcing anything is a bad idea and if there isn't an option to scout when you want then that is really, really bad. I don't know why you would ever make that decision. Have to wait and see how combine numbers are handled as well but that's about the only thing I like about the scouting as of now.

# 39 Khanchus @ 08/11/15 08:33 PM
1. How do you judge the game if we havent played it yet?

2. Complain about time(10-15 extra mins a week scouting) but yet we are on a message board conversing about madden?
That usually means we are some what die hard madden fans so those extra few mins woild be welcomed IMO...

I think it sounds like they are improving but i gotta see it first hand first.

I think its very realistic to loose your scouting points if you dont use it all up as we can make time in real life. Isnt that what we are all asking for in cfm... Realism?

The true draft value makes it easier to hit on players but again i havent played the game so i dont have an idea how its implemented

I agree with those how are asking for cpu scouts i would like that as it brings realism in to the game...

That reminds me of the missing assistant coaches and stuff which is way off subject so ill leave that alone...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but i thought this was a board or at least moderate die hard football/ madden fans...

Havinglow expectations for a game that hasnt been played will ruin your experience ...

We cant go in to madden every thinking with a clean slate but at least give it achance

IMO the last 2 maddens have been steadily improving better than past maddens and i hope the trend continues

# 40 SyncereBlackout @ 08/11/15 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Setting up to be my least favorite and worst scouting system (IMO) ever in Madden. Still have to try it but I already know I hate the idea of true draft value. I don't think anything like that should ever be included in the scouting process and should only be known after the player is drafted if at all. I don't like that when you scout a player you always get his highest attribute first. It basically turns scouting into color by numbers because if a guy pops out a C+ first attribute why would you scout anything else? I think they should have made the order random so there was actually a gamble when it came to moving forward with scouting. Losing points is stupid no matter how you twist it. Forcing anything is a bad idea and if there isn't an option to scout when you want then that is really, really bad. I don't know why you would ever make that decision. Have to wait and see how combine numbers are handled as well but that's about the only thing I like about the scouting as of now.

I may continue to scout a player whose highest rating is C+ if it was for AWR. The scouting system also doesn't seem to say a word about traits which we know are important in other aspects of the game. So that C rating could be bootstrapped to Superstar traits etc.

Maybe we should think of true draft value the same way we thought of the player comparisons of the past. In coach 09 when my cb was likened to Ty law I'm not even sure what that translates to (in hindsight) since I have a personal opinion of him. Similarly a true value of round 2 pick 5. Or 2nd round means what?

That's where he should be picked?
He is as good as players typically picked there?
Or some other vague meaning EA won't translate no different than projected pick from M15?

Think of this as well. Since we can no longer stockpile until the draft. I have to decide who to let walk before FA and before I may have resigned them. This changes the dynamic of free agency and if you splash in FA or cannot sign a specific player, this completely changes your draft board.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.