Home
PES 2016 News Post

The PES 2016 demo is available now on Xbox One, weighing in at 3.1GB. You will need to search for PES 2016. It might mention that it coming soon, but click it anyway, it works.

The PES 2016 demo is also available on the Australian, New Zealand regions, along with a few more, weighing in at 3.3GB. Create an account in one of those locations to download it.

Otherwise, this post will get updated when it's on the PS Store locally.

UPDATE: The PES 2016 demo is available now on the PlayStation Store, search for Pro Evolution.

The following teams are available in the demo:
  • Juventus F.C.
  • A.S. Roma
  • FC Bayern München
  • SC Corinthians
  • Palmeiras
  • Brazil
  • France
Stadiums available:
  • Arena Corinthians
  • Juventus Stadium
You can select difficulty, match time (7 to 10 minutes), substitutions (up to 6), player emotions (on/off) and set injuries (on/off).

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 Stormyhog @ 08/22/15 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Nice header but the whole cpu defense has collapsed because of the non existent AI coding.
- First pass: You easily succeed at pivoting the cpu marker.
- Cpu AI RW moves a bit in without a reason leaving your LW player alone for a cross.
- You have 2 players inside the box. One is marked the other is again alone without a reason.
- The cpu defender walks (!!!!) to mark your player and ofc he never reaches. Then we see a header animation (wtf) of the same cpu player 2 metres away from the goal scorer.
- Cpu Gk dives in slow motion. (That's already a flaw from last year's game)

Sorry for the somewhat harsh criticism but I can't overlook all these problems as I'm not a casual sports videogames player.
Oh no not at all as I have issues with the game as well. I really hate the slow, half hearted, fall over dive attempts by the goalies. Also angled in the box shot's always seem to beat the keepers because of this problem. Not a fan of the physicality feels like you have to wait for animations to play out. The non existent fouls & penalties especially by the cpu. The ping pong pinpoint passes by the cpu drives me nut's & look's unrealistic. I know it's a demo but it can't be far off from what we're getting at launch. Like you I'm more than a casual player & critical of things I see that are off putting.

# 202 KG @ 08/22/15 11:14 AM
Quote:
Nice header but the whole cpu defense has collapsed because of the non existent AI coding.
- Cpu AI RW moves a bit in without a reason leaving your LW player alone for a cross.
- You have 2 players inside the box. One is marked the other is again alone without a reason.
- The cpu defender walks (!!!!) to mark your player and ofc he never reaches. Then we see a header animation (wtf) of the same cpu player 2 metres away from the goal scorer.

Sorry for the somewhat harsh criticism but I can't overlook all these problems as I'm not a casual sports videogames player.
The RW moved in to close down on Schweinsteger. Yeah he probably should have stayed with the overlap but it wasn't like he just stood still.

That keeper didn't dive in slow motion.

The only issue I see with that play is the marking inside the box, like you pointed out. He walked to close down instead of doing everything he could to get in front of the Bayern player making the run.

# 203 roolz @ 08/22/15 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
The RW moved in to close down on Schweinsteger. Yeah he probably should have stayed with the overlap but it wasn't like he just stood still.

That keeper didn't dive in slow motion.

The only issue I see with that play is the marking inside the box, like you pointed out. He walked to close down instead of doing everything he could to get in front of the Bayern player making the run.
Agree. The bloke on the right had a choice, either go to the ball and make the player make a decision, or leave a gap for hm and follow the runner.... now you watch or play the game, if you are in that position you close the ball down, its a gamble but you put the player in possession under pressure as thats were a mistake can happen... if you back off and take the runner, you then leave that player with the ball a host of choices to make and essentially then ask probably a centre half in that situation, to come out and leave a gap behind him.

I cant fault the AI there, that scenario happens up and down the country from parks to Old Trafford.

Keeper made a good effort at the ball, dont see fault with that.. it was a solid placed header.

The defending in the box could have been better, but then do you want that to be perfect all the time? People dont like precision passing, what about if every cross saw players tightly marked? Does that happen in football IRL? All defenders are tight every cross? Of course not... now ive played the game enough to know that on Top Player/Superstar, you dont just get free headers and believe me, im crap at the game, im old, dont have the hands But the crossing and battles from that are some of the best in the game.

i agree totally that wasnt great defending, but its not indicative of the game, if it was... people wouldnt touch it, i can assure you of that... where as in reality, its getting solid feedback about its gameplay.

Maybe the video poster can confirm the difficulty setting, as you do notice a drop off in AI awareness down the levels, theres no shame in that, you play for fun, not to brag 'i can beat Superstar!'

# 204 Stormyhog @ 08/22/15 01:18 PM
What bugs me the most in the demo is the goalies how they attempt saves. They seem to slowly fall to one side not really stretching out most times. Also hate when they parry a clearly catchable ball which in turn leads to a goal scoring chance. I still am enjoying the demo overall but there still needs work to be done.

# 205 JimmyDeicide @ 08/22/15 01:24 PM
I dont see anything overly wrong in that video. Even if the defender who was slow was quicker to respond he still would have been the wrong side of the defender to do anything other than foul in the box. Which granted wouldnt have been called but we all know that issue.
I think that video and the criticisms about it are way too harsh.

Dont get me wrong the game still has some huge annoyances for me. The biggest one so far is the slowing down of the player you are controlling its still in the game.
There is nothing worse than feeling the game taking away your control just so a certain sequence can play out.
My main example would be when your defending and taking away space, you read the play and try to make a play on the ball only to have the game slow your player so you cant get near to make the play you worked so hard for.
Its hard enough to get possession back from Bayern as it is and infuriating when the game games you like that.

The other thing would be the defenders not reacting properly they dont show the urgency still in the correct situations. Like KG says they should be doing everything they can to make a play on the ball not back away or run along side.
If they could just fix that one issue i'd be all over this game but it is still a big one for me when it comes to longevity( the more you play it the worse it seems and just grinds me down ).

I'm ok with the passing in the big picture, sure its not perfect but its far from a game killer. Bayern had 85% passing today against Hoffenheim.
On the top levels yeah the cpu is a little too perfect in all aspects of the game but its really enjoyable to play against still i find overall.

I think the problem with fouls is the refs advantage system, its to short right now so when the play breaks down its not called back. It seems to me is its always play on first instead of just blowing the whistle.
I'm buying this game no matter what, there is much more to like than dislike and overall 10 times better than 15 the animations are second to none for me ,just beautiful.
This game is so close right now if they could just fix these few niggles they would have one of those games you never get rid of like NHL 2k3.

# 206 StoneColdSwede @ 08/22/15 02:12 PM
Finally scored my first free kick. I'll let you go ahead and guess who you think scored it. Go on, I'll wait.

Alright then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5owo9BMG9eU

# 207 L4velle @ 08/22/15 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdSwede
Finally scored my first free kick. I'll let you go ahead and guess who you think scored it. Go on, I'll wait.

Alright then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5owo9BMG9eU
Sweet free kick mate.

# 208 dmendenhall_9 @ 08/22/15 03:13 PM
Quote:

All the marking issues would be fixed if the AI had fluid formations that are set up to play defensively. I have played where I set AI up with fluid formations where i set their mids to get back on D and crosses like this they would have enough guys in the box because the wing mids would get back to cover the offensive wing or get into the box. Makes a huge difference in how the game plays.

# 209 JimmyDeicide @ 08/22/15 03:35 PM
Marking is one thing having them make a play on the ball is another and its not gonna change if fluid formations is on.

I don't think marking is the problem its more in the AI not recognizing the danger and then reacting accordingly and i doubt its going to fixed any time soon.

I've turned up auto slide tackles it seems to help user teams defense react a little better not quite sure yet its only been a few games.

# 210 ty5oke @ 08/22/15 03:51 PM
About 10 games in against Brazil and they are averaging about 80% passing completion. I think all games have been between 75-85%. This is all on SS, Does that seem like a good #? I seem to remember it usually being closer to 90 last year.

# 211 JimmyDeicide @ 08/22/15 03:53 PM
Bayern where 85% today against Hoffenheim i'd say it was right there.

# 212 ezio @ 08/22/15 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Bayern where 85% today against Hoffenheim i'd say it was right there.
And yet they almost lost the game

# 213 JimmyDeicide @ 08/22/15 09:35 PM
Almost crazy game. Dang it.

# 214 ezio @ 08/22/15 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Almost crazy game. Dang it.
Yeah definitely was a crazy game.

# 215 roolz @ 08/23/15 07:48 AM
Play Juventus and you will find the % around 70% more often than not.

This is an issue (or not) with how teams are setup to play... the Brazilian teams for example almost refuse to cross the ball, that causes their percent to rise as they just fanny about with it (annoyingly). Where as Juve, dump balls in on the diagonal and will happily cross the ball, both causing the percent to drop as its not constant tippy taps into feet.

# 216 ty5oke @ 08/23/15 11:43 AM
I decided to try diving after every lunge in by the CPU to see if I would get some calls. I don't recommend it unless you want to end up with 6 men.

# 217 sroz39 @ 08/23/15 11:45 AM
The more I play the demo, the less I enjoy it. Can't even really put my finger on it. Just was hoping for more I guess.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

# 218 dubcity @ 08/23/15 02:00 PM
http://youtu.be/cT3ZoYmZ8ds

Check out the CPU defending at 10:05. And this is on superstar. Reminds me of the passive defending in 2015.

# 219 JimmyDeicide @ 08/23/15 04:14 PM
Yes its the same stuff and it drives me crazy because if they would just fix it the game would be brilliant, just sucks the life out of the game when it happens. Do they even acknowledge that it happens ?
I wonder if they are doing anything to fix it they cant think its good that way surely.
They have to know its a problem.

# 220 Matt10 @ 08/23/15 05:04 PM
They are a lot closer than PES 14 and PES 15 though. However, the defending issues from those versions seems to creep up in 16. It is the same theme though for PES struggling with football/soccer fundamentals. FIFA is no different, and it looks like another year of needing to adjust gameplay values or player stats, to get proper fundamentals as a base.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.