Home
PES 2016 News Post

The PES 2016 demo is available now on Xbox One, weighing in at 3.1GB. You will need to search for PES 2016. It might mention that it coming soon, but click it anyway, it works.

The PES 2016 demo is also available on the Australian, New Zealand regions, along with a few more, weighing in at 3.3GB. Create an account in one of those locations to download it.

Otherwise, this post will get updated when it's on the PS Store locally.

UPDATE: The PES 2016 demo is available now on the PlayStation Store, search for Pro Evolution.

The following teams are available in the demo:
  • Juventus F.C.
  • A.S. Roma
  • FC Bayern München
  • SC Corinthians
  • Palmeiras
  • Brazil
  • France
Stadiums available:
  • Arena Corinthians
  • Juventus Stadium
You can select difficulty, match time (7 to 10 minutes), substitutions (up to 6), player emotions (on/off) and set injuries (on/off).

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 Honome @ 08/23/15 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
Yes! I've had the exact same issue. I've Google it but can't find out what's wrong.
I think you have to update your PS4 for version 2.57 before install, at least that was the message i had and solved updating the system.

# 222 ty5oke @ 08/23/15 10:32 PM
There are definitely some game moments that make me shake my head and wonder how they are still there. Overall though, the good is outweighing them and I've enjoyed the demo a lot.

I can feel a huge different when dribbling with Pogba vs some of the others and the Benzema/Luiz matchup in the air has been great.

# 223 kashik @ 08/24/15 02:11 AM
Anyone mentioned that the "dribble in from the side and pass into the box for a quick tap in shot" issue STILL exists?

I don't get it. The biggest issues for me in 15 are both still here: No fouls; pass instead of crossing. Konami did nothing in 15 to fix these issues, and it looks like they're here to stay. Maybe they have both been "slightly" adjusted, but after playing the demo PES is an immediate no buy for me... unless you guys praise it for a few weeks after launch.

This is really amateur stuff. So disappointed as I really wanted to enjoy this.

*edit*

Looks like difficulty based on game time chosen still plays the same role in 16. Weak CPU teams still becoming beastly in tackles, and getting insane pass completion %.

# 224 roolz @ 08/24/15 05:05 AM
The crossing thing isnt a game issue as such, its a team style. Play against Juventus and tell me that they dont cross the ball, because they do... they also dump in diagonals etc, its there, plain to see.

Now the Brazilian teaams, I agree, 8-9 times out of 10 it seems like they want to walk the ball into the net. They do and have crossed, ive seen it, but most of the time out wide, they want to come inside and tap it around the box... which I hate as well.

That defending on the last video, shocking, no excuse for that. But its not the norm, its a rare occurrence... if you play the game, you will know that the AI defenders dont just let you run at them and ping shots off. Thats not making any excuse or allowance for it happening, just pointing out the fact that its there, but its very much not the norm'

Fouls I still think is down to playstyle and people just tapping the ball about too much. Possibly not using full manual control so that the passes are assisted... idk, but I get fouls every game now it seems... 4 being the most in 1 game.

# 225 kashik @ 08/24/15 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
The crossing thing isnt a game issue as such, its a team style. Play against Juventus and tell me that they dont cross the ball, because they do... they also dump in diagonals etc, its there, plain to see.

Now the Brazilian teaams, I agree, 8-9 times out of 10 it seems like they want to walk the ball into the net. They do and have crossed, ive seen it, but most of the time out wide, they want to come inside and tap it around the box... which I hate as well.

That defending on the last video, shocking, no excuse for that. But its not the norm, its a rare occurrence... if you play the game, you will know that the AI defenders dont just let you run at them and ping shots off. Thats not making any excuse or allowance for it happening, just pointing out the fact that its there, but its very much not the norm'

Fouls I still think is down to playstyle and people just tapping the ball about too much. Possibly not using full manual control so that the passes are assisted... idk, but I get fouls every game now it seems... 4 being the most in 1 game.
Regarding crossing and fouls, these are the same things I heard with 2015 early after its release: either it's the team or your play style. Months down the road and the optimistic tone had clearly disappeared on those two issues.

After trying to come to terms with it in the last release, and seeing it immediately with this one, I just can't help but think how Konami resembles those three monkeys (but with a slightly different meaning [emoji14]) Attachment 105030... They're not engaging the community, they're not listening to complaints, and they're not looking at what they're making.

# 226 fearwhatnow @ 08/24/15 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik
Regarding crossing and fouls, these are the same things I heard with 2015 early after its release: either it's the team or your play style. Months down the road and the optimistic tone had clearly disappeared on those two issues.

After trying to come to terms with it in the last release, and seeing it immediately with this one, I just can't help but think how Konami resembles those three monkeys (but with a slightly different meaning [emoji14]) Attachment 105030... They're not engaging the community, they're not listening to complaints, and they're not looking at what they're making.
It's KONAMI, they'll not ever listen to the community. We're talking about a company that focuses on mobile games, a company that punished pc users for their complaints by giving them a "hybrid" version with 2005 graphics.
Bhatti told the press a couple of months ago that the XB1 version is running smoothly in glorious 1080p. After the release of the demo some XB1 owners noticed that the resolution is not 1080p and Bhatti admitted that they couldn't maintain the 1080p without huge fps loss.
Also, go and check the reviews of MGSV and tell me which ones mention Kojima's name...

# 227 JimmyDeicide @ 08/24/15 08:11 AM
Quote:
Anyone mentioned that the "dribble in from the side and pass into the box for a quick tap in shot" issue STILL exists?

I don't get it. The biggest issues for me in 15 are both still here: No fouls; pass instead of crossing. Konami did nothing in 15 to fix these issues, and it looks like they're here to stay. Maybe they have both been "slightly" adjusted, but after playing the demo PES is an immediate no buy for me... unless you guys praise it for a few weeks after launch.

This is really amateur stuff. So disappointed as I really wanted to enjoy this.

*edit*

Looks like difficulty based on game time chosen still plays the same role in 16. Weak CPU teams still becoming beastly in tackles, and getting insane pass completion %.
Im not seeing pass instead of cross seems a good mix even with Brazilian teams.

# 228 roolz @ 08/24/15 11:12 AM
Quote:

But teams do cross on the demo, play Juventus and come away and tell me that they dont put balls into the box from all sorts of angles. Because if you did, you would be lieing...

Brazilian teams definitely like to pass it around the box more.. thats not human playstyle, thats because of how they are setup by the CPU tactically. I dont like it either, but it just shows a mixture of team styles that there are, some will be more direct, others fanny around with it a bit more.

As for fouls, yes there should be a few more, but its a small sample size with it being just 1 ref and you can get fouls.... if I can, a 35 year old with the joypad skills of a monkey on crack, then im sure others can!

Each to their own

# 229 StoneColdSwede @ 08/24/15 12:00 PM
So a few days ago I scored my first free kick goal and was all kinds of happy about it.

Then I played a game with Bayern...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiW9dhbeAl0

# 230 kashik @ 08/24/15 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
But teams do cross on the demo, play Juventus and come away and tell me that they dont put balls into the box from all sorts of angles. Because if you did, you would be lieing...

Brazilian teams definitely like to pass it around the box more.. thats not human playstyle, thats because of how they are setup by the CPU tactically. I dont like it either, but it just shows a mixture of team styles that there are, some will be more direct, others fanny around with it a bit more.

As for fouls, yes there should be a few more, but its a small sample size with it being just 1 ref and you can get fouls.... if I can, a 35 year old with the joypad skills of a monkey on crack, then im sure others can!

Each to their own
Fair enough that other teams do cross, not saying they don't. It is better than 2015 in this regard. I'm just annoyed that the pass to tap in still exists. Like you said, it isn't realistic how they pull it off as well as how often some teams may do it.

# 231 roolz @ 08/24/15 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdSwede
So a few days ago I scored my first free kick goal and was all kinds of happy about it.

Then I played a game with Bayern...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiW9dhbeAl0
sex

10 chars

# 232 Altimus @ 08/25/15 10:08 AM
One of my favorite moments of the demo so far...

# 233 dubcity @ 08/26/15 01:49 AM
Finally got a chance to check this out on Xbox 360. The movement and overall gameplay definitely feels smoother and more pleasing to the eye than last year. It's faster and feels more free, which I actually dig.

The CPU is way more aggressive and fun to play against. In 2015 it was pretty dull and unsatisfying playing the CPU, whether winning or losing. They would just plod around the midfield and lose possession pretty easily. Now they feel more direct and deadly, which is more challenging.

Graphics look a few notches better, particularly during day matches. The colors during night matches still look pretty bad, but oh well. The players overall look better. Neymar looks incredible, even on last-gen. Saw a new cut scene where the ref insists a player being subbed off not time-waste and leave the pitch quicker while his team was leading late. Pretty nice touch.

Don't really have a huge issue with fouls, now that I've played this. The CPU does seem slide tackle happy, which is alright when they actually get the ball. I've had them take out my legs a few times and get booked, so there's that. But yeah, we shouldn't be able to slide tackle the CPU from behind with malice and have the ref play advantage, and then never book us, but oh well.

Overall, not sure I feel like I need to put down $50 for this, but we'll see. Probably will wait for the first price drop. It's fun as hell tho.

# 234 Matt10 @ 08/28/15 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Finally got a chance to check this out on Xbox 360. The movement and overall gameplay definitely feels smoother and more pleasing to the eye than last year. It's faster and feels more free, which I actually dig.

The CPU is way more aggressive and fun to play against. In 2015 it was pretty dull and unsatisfying playing the CPU, whether winning or losing. They would just plod around the midfield and lose possession pretty easily. Now they feel more direct and deadly, which is more challenging.

Graphics look a few notches better, particularly during day matches. The colors during night matches still look pretty bad, but oh well. The players overall look better. Neymar looks incredible, even on last-gen. Saw a new cut scene where the ref insists a player being subbed off not time-waste and leave the pitch quicker while his team was leading late. Pretty nice touch.

Don't really have a huge issue with fouls, now that I've played this. The CPU does seem slide tackle happy, which is alright when they actually get the ball. I've had them take out my legs a few times and get booked, so there's that. But yeah, we shouldn't be able to slide tackle the CPU from behind with malice and have the ref play advantage, and then never book us, but oh well.

Overall, not sure I feel like I need to put down $50 for this, but we'll see. Probably will wait for the first price drop. It's fun as hell tho.
I may get it for 360 if the PC version sucks...we'll see though, this video has good things though, PS3 version:

# 235 dubcity @ 09/09/15 10:41 PM
A couple more things after playing for a while longer...

I prefer -1 speed, but I feel like it makes the game too easy. Hopefully 0 speed is slowed down 1/2 step in the full game .

The short, running around celebrations look dumb. And I hate the one where they all pose for the sideline camera.

Penalty kicks feel improved. Although who knows how much that even matters, with how rarely the CPU fouls. I just got lucky and knocked the ball past the keeper in a 1v1 breakaway to draw one.

# 236 payjay83 @ 09/10/15 05:13 AM

I got free kick vs CPU. Miracles do happen

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.