Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed the second NBA 2K16 digital short, titled James Harden: Believe. Showcasing some of the first looks at NBA 2K16 gameplay, the video chronicles James Harden’s journey to stardom, beginning from his humble roots in Compton and featuring his return to Artesia High School.

Narrated by Spike Lee, the montage of gameplay and true life footage showcases Harden’s journey from a beardless, standout player at Arizona State University to winning the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year Award on the Oklahoma City Thunder and becoming the face of the franchise for the Houston Rockets.

We snipped out all of the NBA 2K16 footage from the video here, if you want to take a look.

This video is the second in a three part series focusing on the life story of NBA 2K16’s cover athletes, complementing this year’s #BeTheStory MyCAREER narrative.

If you missed the first one, featuring Stephen Curry, click here.

NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on September 29. If you pre-order at participating North American retail and online vendors, you get it on September 25, along with in-game bonuses.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Steve_OS @ 08/13/15 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs

C'mon Steve edit out the movie stuff and just get us the tiny bit of gameplay bits
Updated OP, here it is.

https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/631845740407558144

# 22 Vni @ 08/13/15 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Slightly altered lighting and body scans for some guys, outside of that nothing much can/ should be done.
Yeah a little more reflections on the court too.

# 23 Goffs @ 08/13/15 11:30 AM
Quote:
You expected different? lol

Slightly altered lighting and body scans for some guys, outside of that nothing much can/ should be done.
Gimme my custom arena music then we will be all set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
The main man comin through! Thanks!@

# 24 lakers24 @ 08/13/15 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Gimme my custom arena music then we will be all set!
You figure out a way to get saved music on these new systems and I think you'll have it lol.

# 25 King_B_Mack @ 08/13/15 11:34 AM
Quote:
You figure out a way to get saved music on these new systems and I think you'll have it lol.
It's pretty ****ing ridiculous that these systems don't have this yet.

# 26 BluFu @ 08/13/15 11:39 AM
Harden looks neither body scanned or mo-capped from what I'm seeing in this short trailer. Hopefully this is a much older build.

# 27 lakers24 @ 08/13/15 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
It's pretty ****ing ridiculous that these systems don't have this yet.
Right?! I remember all the crap about making these the entertainment hubs and how similar in architecture they were to PC's yet those old systems had way more multimedia capabilities than these things. Look how long it was before these things even got DLNA which should've been in right out of the box at launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Harden looks neither body scanned or mo-capped from what I'm seeing in this short trailer. Hopefully this is a much older build.
I already pointed out it's an older build as the rookies are created players and the Clippers still have the old uniforms on. It's more than likely the build before Summer League but after free agency quieted down (Like July 7-10). It's essentially the same game without the more up to date things they'll add in later like rookie scans, uniform updates, code, etc. Ronnie said that all 3 cover players came in within the last weeks of July so maybe they updated him again from the version in this trailer.

# 28 The 24th Letter @ 08/13/15 11:42 AM
Looks like Harden doesn't have the "light bulb head" people were freaking out about in the screenshot

Otherwise, nothing much to see here! Ready for some game play.

# 29 swac07 @ 08/13/15 11:43 AM
These short clips are cool...I cant wait to see AD's

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 30 cthurt @ 08/13/15 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu

It has to be an older build with Towns having a created player face and the clippers jerseys not being updated.

# 31 Teddy_Long @ 08/13/15 11:46 AM
not seeing scanned legs at all in these clips.

# 32 HowDareI @ 08/13/15 11:48 AM
The game looks good, the animations look good, and the story looks good...

I love the game so I want perfection but I'm gonna try and not nitpick until we get more than 5 seconds of gameplay lol

# 33 BluFu @ 08/13/15 11:49 AM
Quote:
I already pointed out it's an older build as the rookies are created players and the Clippers still have the old uniforms on. It's more than likely the build before Summer League but after free agency quieted down (Like July 7-10). It's essentially the same game without the more up to date things they'll add in later like rookie scans, uniform updates, code, etc. Ronnie said that all 3 cover players came in within the last weeks of July so maybe they updated him again from the version in this trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
It has to be an older build with Towns having a created player face and the clippers jerseys not being updated.
Didn't even realize that... So there's still hope

# 34 lakers24 @ 08/13/15 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
not seeing scanned legs at all in these clips.
You really expect to notice scanned legs in these half a second clips? lol. Also try to remember these clips are definitely a older build as stated above (most clips are made weeks in advance).

Anyways let's take a look:
Scanned or not, they have some varying leg sizes (this is to be expected since not everyone has or will be rescanned).

Look at Harden's calf compared to Rubio and then Wiggins compared to Ariza.

(Btw I pray to god they can or have rescanned Dwight. I really want them to get his leg size as he has twigs even though he's really big)

# 35 cthurt @ 08/13/15 12:00 PM
So what's the story on the socks, are they like a new NBA official team color sock or something?? Kind of reminds of something we would see in an all star game, or college basketball.

# 36 lakers24 @ 08/13/15 12:04 PM
Quote:
So what's the story on the socks, are they like a new NBA official team color sock or something?? Kind of reminds of something we would see in an all star game, or college basketball.
Yes, Stance is the new sock provider for the NBA and one of the biggest things is they have team specific socks that can match the uniforms. The Hawks are actually the first team to truly incorporate socks into their uniforms:
Quote:
and here's the top-to-bottom look officially put forth by the Hawks, who are trumpeting the fact that "socks, shoes and laces were built as part of the overall uniform kit" as a brand new feature in the uni game:

# 37 cthurt @ 08/13/15 12:09 PM
Quote:
Yes, Stance is the new sock provider for the NBA and one of the biggest things is they have team specific socks that can match the uniforms. The Hawks are actually the first team to truly incorporate socks into their uniforms:

Wow, thanks for the knowledge this is a good look for the league, glad 2k has it in the game already.

# 38 King_B_Mack @ 08/13/15 12:10 PM
Quote:
NBA has a new apparel deal with Stance to provide the official socks of the league starting this season.

https://www.stance.com/shop/men/nba

As I understand it, players will have the choice to wear the team sock or some of the other more colorful socks from Stance.

# 39 swac07 @ 08/13/15 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
NBA has a new apparel deal with Stance to provide the official socks of the league starting this season.

https://www.stance.com/shop/men/nba

As I understand it, players will have the choice to wear the team sock or some of the other more colorful socks from Stance.

That's sweet I didnt know that

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 40 ballstreet2k @ 08/13/15 12:23 PM
I'm kinda worried because in the last 2 teasers we saw Steph swishing a 3 with a hand in his face and Harden hitting a 25 foot fadeaway.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.