Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

ZFarls has posted this Madden NFL 16 video, featuring Draft Champions. One of the better gameplay videos available so far.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SolidSquid @ 08/14/15 06:22 AM
We see the punch out animation happen to finneran twice and both times the ball behaves exactly the same way. The ball not being dynamic was one of my biggest fears, the improvements are good I just wish they were better implemented.

# 42 kgbrolic @ 08/14/15 08:26 AM
That Russel bomb to Finnegan was terrible. EA will never get it right until they have competition

# 43 kjcheezhead @ 08/14/15 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I must be crazy. I'm the only who who seems to think what I saw looked suspect. QBs throwing darts despite being off balance, Finneran is Mossing people, outside run not stopped, fb dice not stopped.

Just saying, maybe I need to watch it again
Oh there was a lot of madden moments, no doubt. Maybe it was the camera and speed settings but it had a PS2 era vibe to it imo. Sim or not, I actually had fun with those games at least.

# 44 ZFarls @ 08/14/15 09:13 AM
One note (working on more video for you guys)

Draft Champions and "Play Now" ratings for QB Deep Acc are slightly different in my opinion. I think the QB's have a little better throwing downfield in DC but in Play Now a QB like Russell Wilson can't make that one throw with the feet moving downfield. It makes deep passes and "one handers" inconsistent at absolute best.

I really struggled to throw the deep ball downfield with consistency with either a bad QB or in Play now.

Penalties! - Sliders are really good AND penalties happen far more often in regular play now mode. There is more holding and DPI imo, but in Draft Champs they are more the penalties you cause like late hits or offside.

Draft Champs is going to look different with the ratings matches potentially being a 23 point difference with a legend against a base 70 at times.

The game plays a little tighter in play now or at higher difficulty or with sliders etc. So, I want to try and get you one of those and appreciate you dudes, thanks.

# 45 bears1387 @ 08/14/15 09:34 AM
That would be cool if we could watch some actual gameplay from two teams that actually exist as opposed to all of this fantasy draft bull****, the reason Madden has had problems is because they focus too much on pleasing the nerdbase instead of the people who like a real NFL simulation.

# 46 SolidSquid @ 08/14/15 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFarls

Draft Champions and "Play Now" ratings for QB Deep Acc are slightly different in my opinion. I think the QB's have a little better throwing downfield in DC but in Play Now a QB like Russell Wilson can't make that one throw with the feet moving downfield. It makes deep passes and "one handers" inconsistent at absolute best.

I really struggled to throw the deep ball downfield with consistency with either a bad QB or in Play now.

Penalties! - Sliders are really good AND penalties happen far more often in regular play now mode. There is more holding and DPI imo, but in Draft Champs they are more the penalties you cause like late hits or offside.

Draft Champs is going to look different with the ratings matches potentially being a 23 point difference with a legend against a base 70 at times.

The game plays a little tighter in play now or at higher difficulty or with sliders etc. So, I want to try and get you one of those and appreciate you dudes, thanks.
Wow its disheartening to me that draft champions and play now play differently. Seems like DC is just a game mode where they want "wow" moments to happen. Better qb deep accuracy and less penalties, I was looking forward to trying the mode but it's looking like it's not for me.

# 47 redsox4evur @ 08/14/15 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bears1387
That would be cool if we could watch some actual gameplay from two teams that actually exist as opposed to all of this fantasy draft bull****, the reason Madden has had problems is because they focus too much on pleasing the nerdbase instead of the people who like a real NFL simulation.
Let's put it this way...nerdbase makes up 85% of your consumers, whereas sim heads make up 15%. You mark to the casual fans because they are the bigger % of your sales.

# 48 Armor and Sword @ 08/14/15 11:30 AM
Quote:

Getting horny for Madden 16

# 49 zrohman @ 08/14/15 11:35 AM
In my opinion deep passes have been virtually impossible the past couple of years. User catching a few years ago wouldn't even work. You would press Y or Triangle for PS and it didn't even work. User catching was improved last year but still not where it needs to be. The two deep passes I saw were encouraging. Only one would classify as a true one handed catch to me. Both times the taller receiver was able to use his size to make a catch he should make. The one handed catch was luck but I'm encouraged that at least it seems like the user catch looks more important now than it was

# 50 Cowboy008 @ 08/14/15 01:59 PM
Quote:

Does play now mode play differently than CFM mode or do they play the same?

# 51 Sausage @ 08/14/15 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Finneran was a bit absurd, but almost all of the defensive failure in the run game was because poor User play calling and execution. On every outside run that was successful the O had the D out numbered play side at the snap, and also the User manually ran a safety up into the middle of line to get swallowed up. They made the game look bad with they were doing. I feel very confident that that won't happen that often in the games that I play.

Until I read your post jfsolo, I was concerned with the outside runs being a bit easy; but I didn't watch the video enough to figure out user error or coding error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
So i figured i would go make a quick GIF portion of this Madden 16 video just to show what i been harping on when it comes to "repeating" animations,etc,etc and why not having that fluidity truly hurts the presentation and atmosphere of madden games...it has always hindered the series and while Madden 16 seems to take a step in the right direction...it yet fails at these glaring issues that make small things stick out like a ugly duckling.

Example..repeating animations...Here is a prime example of what i been trying to point out over the years and yet it still finds its way into madden games year after year. These are easy fixes...EASY fixes that could be done with in a hours dedication of development time.

What is wrong with this clip of below? For a better look click this link which is directed to time 4:02 in the video https://youtu.be/a0NfczuKCpQ?t=4m2s

Do you see the multiple players repeating the same "robotic" swivel animation? How does this continue to go on in madden year after year in this day and age? Baffling bros..simply baffling

So while i know a lot of people are concerned about gameplay elements, it has always been my opinion that on the flip side of the coin that presentation and atmosphere plays just as an important role as gameplay elements. Having a football game that feels fluid and flows with excitement is crucial but if these things fail...it drags the rest of the game down.

I believe EA needs to take this more seriously...it is these small things that stick out like a sore thumb.

100% agree; if the presentation and atmsosphere were more likely immersive, I would be able to overlook / forgive gameplay quirks more often than not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
We see the punch out animation happen to finneran twice and both times the ball behaves exactly the same way. The ball not being dynamic was one of my biggest fears, the improvements are good I just wish they were better implemented.

Another area that's needs TLC is creating that dynamic/organic gameplay and presentation. It's gotten slightly better, but the game just sprints through banners, the better camera angles post play, and the presentation in general.

# 52 jfsolo @ 08/14/15 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Let's put it this way...nerdbase makes up 85% of your consumers, whereas sim heads make up 15%. You mark to the casual fans because they are the bigger % of your sales.
Yep, the so called "nerdbase" pays the bills.

# 53 TheBleedingRed21 @ 08/14/15 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I must be crazy. I'm the only who who seems to think what I saw looked suspect. QBs throwing darts despite being off balance, Finneran is Mossing people, outside run not stopped, fb dice not stopped.

Just saying, maybe I need to watch it again
Jare, I know you are expecting a lot, but this is a huge improvement from years previous. Outside run was never an issue at all last year. This video showed a ton of improvement. This is also probably played at default sliders, default difficulty.

# 54 Indyboy180 @ 08/14/15 11:00 PM
Anybody know if you can play Draft Champions multiple times?

I want to attempt to win a Draft Championship against the CPU WITH ALL 32 TEAMS!!!

# 55 redsox4evur @ 08/14/15 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyboy180
Anybody know if you can play Draft Champions multiple times?

I want to attempt to win a Draft Championship against the CPU WITH ALL 32 TEAMS!!!
Yea you can. After 3 or 4 games you have to draft a whole new team.

# 56 Hova57 @ 08/15/15 09:26 AM
Watched a guy on twitch last night he actually played an online game. His opponent tried to spam face catch with Fitzgerald I'm happy to say that it didn't work 100%. 1-1 fitz killed his corner but in a zone doesn't have a chance. Throwing deep all the time lead overthrows or tip balls or swats

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 57 Sheba2011 @ 08/15/15 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Brian Finneran's best season was 56 catches for 838 yards and 6 TDs

anyone else get annoyed when they see him as a 'legend' ?
The word legend has been so watered down that apparently it means any old player. Finneran was good but I would never get him confused with Steve Largent or Michael Irvin, actual legends at the WR position.

# 58 BleedGreen710 @ 08/15/15 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
His opponent tried to spam face catch with Fitzgerald
do you mean aggressive catch or did i miss something about face catches? sorry if i did

# 59 Hova57 @ 08/15/15 11:10 AM
Yea aggressive wasnt 100% catch like some of the videos you've seen

# 60 teeteegardner @ 08/15/15 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Yea aggressive wasnt 100% catch like some of the videos you've seen

Lets hope not, from what i saw with this gameplay , and others that AGG catch animation is dominating CB's. i think it looks overpowering at times, and prob needs to be toned downed already...lol.

otherwise i like what i saw as a whole... Draft Champions is basically MUT without the restrictions and alot shorter. its ok, it wasnt what i thought it was gonna be, but ill prob just play MUT so i can actually earn something of value in the end.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.