Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The trial version of Madden NFL 16 is available now for EA Access subscribers. To start the download process, open up the EA Access hub, scroll over to Madden NFL 16, click View in Store and download the trial.

NOTE: It appears as though it isn't showing up for everyone in the EA Access hub. If you don’t see Madden NFL 16 in the hub, try searching for it in the Store, then download the trial.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think!

REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 jhoff80 @ 08/21/15 02:56 PM
Another random thought during my trial. I loved the defensive camera angle in last year's game, but the new secondary stuff kind of ruins that this year. Wouldn't mind a zoomed out version of it so that I can rush the passer and also see what happens when the ball is in the air.

# 222 zrohman @ 08/21/15 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Still reading through the comments but what is some your guys opinion now that you have gotten passed the "New Game" feeling

I plan on trying to tonight but have been watching videos of and it looks a lot like 15. Is something you have to actually play to really feel a difference?
Game speed, running animations, and the new passing and catching makes everything play completely differently. You have to play to know. I think it's significantly different gameplay wise, presentation is really similar

# 223 IUxHOOSIERS @ 08/21/15 03:54 PM
Just a warning out there, and it probably already has been said. You can't go to the dashboard when playing or it will kick you out. I was in the middle of a game and I went to go invite a friend to the party. when i came back it bumped me off and i had to restart again

# 224 SolidSquid @ 08/21/15 05:03 PM
What sliders are people using for the cpu passing game? I'm on default all pro getting shredded by every QB I play. Just player Fitzpatrick and he went 13 for 14 237 yards 2 Tds. Only incompetion was a sideline throw where the Wr couldn't get his feet down

# 225 GOBLUE_08 @ 08/21/15 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I set penalties all at 60. And had 18 penalties called in game!! All kind of penalties called including PI on defense and offense! Defensive holding!! Encroaching! False starts! Holding! Facemask! Illegal block ! Roughing passer! Its all there. And sliders work! [emoji3]
The very first play that I played I saw a hold on the line. like you could clearly see the o lineman holding the players jersey with one hand as he pulled the other way. A second later, the flag flies. Definitely a nice touch

# 226 opd897 @ 08/21/15 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
Question:

I just purchased another 10 hours of gameplay on another gamertag. My other one had like 15 minutes left on it. On my new gamertag, whenever I try and play Madden, it says my old gamertag has less than 15 minutes left. And now I cant get on EA Access because it's saying, "Do you own this game or app?"

Do I have to completely run out of my playing time on my original account before i can start playing my next 10 hours?

EDIT: I got it now. I had to uninstall the ea access app
Are you meaning you had to delete the EA App from your first gamer tag before the second one would work? I too have two gamertags and have purchased EA Access a second time for one month to play another 10 hours. Haven't quite run my first 10 hours though but would like to know the procedure for when I do.

# 227 nick8407123 @ 08/21/15 07:41 PM
Is there anyway to continue on your primary gamer tag that somebody knows of? Or are you able to save things from one gt and transfer them to another?

# 228 tgiordano @ 08/21/15 08:29 PM
Does the game feel smoother than last year. How is the framerate when throwing out patterns.Graphic better than 15

# 229 JPBeBeast @ 08/21/15 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
Are you meaning you had to delete the EA App from your first gamer tag before the second one would work? I too have two gamertags and have purchased EA Access a second time for one month to play another 10 hours. Haven't quite run my first 10 hours though but would like to know the procedure for when I do.
I just had to click sign out on my primary

# 230 unBEARable @ 08/21/15 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I've seen pi penalties called with it set to 70.
why? what the? *faints*

# 231 9juice @ 08/22/15 08:07 AM
Are assisted tackles being properly tracked like they said they would? Sorry if this has been asked before

# 232 Jrocc23 @ 08/22/15 08:37 AM
I was called for 2 defensive holding penalties in a row with no changes to the sliders.

Got on my nerves though because I was actually controlling the corner and they made me just hold onto him while I was trying to get off. But glad they are in.

# 233 Gerg04 @ 08/22/15 10:10 AM
So I finally got to sit down and play a few Franchise games, I am now sold.

There is something very refreshing about the pre and post play cameras. Totally new and help make the game feel new. Sure they'll become the "norm" but I enjoy them.

The different catches, wow. You're not just mashing Y (triangle) every throw now. You have to make situational decision and I think that's great.

After some of the patient and talented people give us some good sliders this is going to be a REALLY good game. I already find it very enjoyable /challenging / fun with default sliders on All-Pro. The sliders will be the icing on the cake.

# 234 jpdavis82 @ 08/22/15 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unBEARable
Are there any Pass Interference Penalties when set to 100?

I played default all pro last night 6 min qtrs and saw 3 Def PI penalties in one game. 7 penalties total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 235 kingsofthevalley @ 08/22/15 10:32 AM
I really hope the sliders work the same across all modes in order to streamline the adjustment process. Slider testing within CFM is kind of annoying to say the least, because you have to constantly back out of games to change them up.

The easiest way to test is to play in practice or training mode and change up the sliders while you're playing through the pause menu without having to fully back out of games (correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember being able to do this in a previous version of Madden) . However, if I recall correctly, the sliders would work different after you started your CFM for some reason.

Any suggestions on streamlining the slider adjustment process from the gurus out there? I think a big chunk of this 10 hours for me is going to be getting sliders set up for the actual release next week.

# 236 kingsofthevalley @ 08/22/15 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04
So I finally got to sit down and play a few Franchise games, I am now sold.

There is something very refreshing about the pre and post play cameras. Totally new and help make the game feel new. Sure they'll become the "norm" but I enjoy them.

The different catches, wow. You're not just mashing Y (triangle) every throw now. You have to make situational decision and I think that's great.

After some of the patient and talented people give us some good sliders this is going to be a REALLY good game. I already find it very enjoyable /challenging / fun with default sliders on All-Pro. The sliders will be the icing on the cake.
Couldn't have said it better man. There are layers of complexity in the passing game and the overall feel of the game is nice. I'm already messing around with the sliders in HEAVY observation mode right now! I'm about to dump everything down to zero and work my way back up.

# 237 D81SKINS @ 08/22/15 10:50 AM
I played a full 60 min game last night.
Steelers(me) vs Cards(cpu).
It was the best Madden I've ever played BY FAR!
I lost 27-16

-Assisted tackle stats were recorded properly(ie. 8 solo 4 assist 12 tot)

-The Aggressive catch was not OP'd, my team actually got 2 redzone ints from pass breakups and they broke up a few also. I had 1 aggressive catch w/ M. Bryant.

- Penalties were in 6 penalties called in total, 5 on me, neutral zone infraction 2x, they had a 1 PI called for 30yds, a couple holding, it was really a welcomed addition to see!

- the tackling animations are much improved, very organic and actually plays out like you would expect from a new gen system.

- the animations from D-linemen swim moves stubbling on the ground, and how they really battle with the O-line is also improved.

- Cpu Carson Palmer avoid 3 sacks, by just having better pocket awarness. His best highlight was making me miss a sack in the redzone and hitting his WR by just using the new rollout mechanic. I only had 1 sack all game! They had 3. I can only imagine how hard it will be to sack more aware qbs!

- QB % Big Ben(56%) vs C. Palmer(64% cpu) nuff said

This was the most fun I've had playing a football game ever guys!

I played on All-Pro w/ all default settings. I may not even touch sliders this year! Which would be a blessing in disguise (no more slideritis).

Good, well i mean GREAT JOB EA TIBURON!
I would say it's close to a 9 out of 10 imo.
I'm confident the kinks in CFM will get ironed out bringing it to a full 9!

# 238 sportdan30 @ 08/22/15 11:48 AM
They need to increase the tackling sound effects. Much too muted.

# 239 ODogg @ 08/22/15 12:05 PM
You can turn the volume up on those in the menu

# 240 coogrfan @ 08/22/15 04:38 PM
I apologize if this has already been answered, but is there a way to see how much of my ten hours I have left?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.