Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Kevin Durant just tweeted out a screenshot of himself in NBA 2K16 and revealed his overall rating as 91. Let us know what you think!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jbthegreat @ 08/22/15 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
A lot of the stuff that you guys care about the most are usually polished last. That is one reason there is never a real rush to push out content too early. It just starts a bunch of worrying about stuff that may not actually be a problem.

There is building the game, and there is making the game presentable. That last part is not important in the overall sense when your actually making the game until it's time to ship.
Thanks for the insight.

# 62 Goffs @ 08/22/15 12:12 PM
Quote:
A lot of the stuff that you guys care about the most are usually polished last. That is one reason there is never a real rush to push out content too early. It just starts a bunch of worrying about stuff that may not actually be a problem.

There is building the game, and there is making the game presentable. That last part is not important in the overall sense when your actually making the game until it's time to ship.
Finally an explanation! Put this quote up every PIC thread that pops up!

# 63 DJ @ 08/22/15 12:45 PM
WOW. Big improvement from last year.

# 64 NastyGT @ 08/22/15 01:11 PM
Quote:

Hey, Da Czar, will there be any vlogs about team tactics like you did last year??? I really enjoyed watching that.

# 65 TreyIM2 @ 08/22/15 01:15 PM
His face looks a lil fuller than real life to me but his face definitely looks more real. The texturing is great.

# 66 scottyp180 @ 08/22/15 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
His face looks a lil fuller than real life to me but his face definitely looks more real. The texturing is great.
The skin texture definitely looks improved. More lifelike. It actually looks like skin oppose to shiny plastic. I just hope there isn't a noticeable difference between scanned players vs non scanned players.

# 67 23 @ 08/22/15 02:13 PM
Ronnie asked some players to tweet him and ask for their ratings so he would send it to them after a few days.

I can't remember if KD did, but last year that trailer came out first when LeBron tweeted Ronnie and asked him to give him something to post for 2k

Now that was great advertisement for them so you know they were going to jump on that.

# 68 DTHEGAWD @ 08/22/15 02:53 PM
His rating is too low...

Yet a past his prime '98 Michael Jordan is still a 99 right?

# 69 lakers24 @ 08/22/15 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I don't see why that would be the case. Unless the color tone/hue is such a difficult thing for them to fix.
It's not his skin tone that is "off" which is why I said it's almost perfect (hell it's scanned skin lmao). What you are seeing that is off is the lighting but I believe the reason that is-is because the intensity of the lighting in this screen definitely looks similar to an HD broadcast. There tends to be a bit more "warmth" in the saturation/color tone so it doesn't look too washed out.

# 70 lakers24 @ 08/22/15 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Here's to hoping we get a good Bosh this year and are done with that Ashy Larry edition, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well they scanned him so here's hoping. I'm wondering about Dwyane Wade tbh. If they can't scan him can he at least get a beard for gods sake lol.

# 71 23 @ 08/22/15 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
It's not his skin tone that is "off" which is why I said it's almost perfect (hell it's scanned skin lmao). What you are seeing that is off is the lighting but I believe the reason that is-is because the intensity of the lighting in this screen definitely looks similar to an HD broadcast. There tends to be a bit more "warmth" in the saturation/color tone so it doesn't look too washed out.
KD two different colors here

I prefer what 2k just put up though than making him orange like an oompa loompa

Spoiler

# 72 lakers24 @ 08/22/15 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
KD two different colors here

I prefer what 2k just put up though than making him orange like an oompa loompa

Spoiler
Yeah, that's a perfect example of what I mean. It's so many variables when it comes to the lighting and those two pics show how different a player can look under arena lights, camera flash, etc. The pic they uploaded looks damn good and gives off a TV vibe and I'm cool with that. I'm way more concerned with stadium lighting than I am actual player lighting.

Spoiler

# 73 23 @ 08/22/15 03:26 PM
Thank You... same as me man. I'm sorry but the crowd is not INVISIBLE during an NBA game. Man I hate that so much.

# 74 eko718 @ 08/22/15 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
In the comment of mine you quoted I said the "color tone" is off, not the skin tone. I was commenting on the way the lighting makes the skin tone look. Seems like there is indeed some filter that leans toward a warmer tone of color, and that's what I was saying can possibly be improved. It's not just the skin tones either, its also the court colors, etc.

# 75 23 @ 08/22/15 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
In the comment of mine you quoted I said the "color tone" is off, not the skin tone. I was commenting on the way the lighting makes the skin tone look. Seems like there is indeed some filter that leans toward a warmer tone of color, and that's what I was saying can possibly be improved. It's not just the skin tones either, its also the court colors, etc.
I think i've had to adjust my monitor or tv one time or another so the courts wouldn't look so off.

Hopefully this court editor is the real deal and we can really choose the colors we want. It would make a subtle difference.

# 76 Sundown @ 08/22/15 05:47 PM
Quote:

Isn't the art and visuals team separate from the gameplay and engine team? I would think the art guys would have all year to work on visuals. Unless of course some of the technical artists, directors, and graphics engineers are responsible for other pressing things as is likely the case. I know I can tweak shaders at work forever if left to my own devices.

# 77 WishListGOD 1 OF 2 @ 08/22/15 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Lighting has been getting a lot of love in the last few weeks. You can definitely see the difference in this screenshot. You should continue to see it moving forward.
This is why i love OS/2K, 2K, you guys never stop progressing, on top of being the best sports game let alone basketball game on the market, and you listen and hear fan feedback, You guys truly are a breeze of cool air in a industry that can seem silent and closed off from fans sometimes.

# 78 LeBronistheKing @ 08/22/15 09:45 PM
Does anyone know if LeBron was body scanned?

# 79 eko718 @ 08/22/15 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think i've had to adjust my monitor or tv one time or another so the courts wouldn't look so off.

Hopefully this court editor is the real deal and we can really choose the colors we want. It would make a subtle difference.
Me too on adjusting the monitor; every year. True with the court editor and according to that Pro Am vid it looks like we have a color wheel, which is nice. Seems like we should be able to capture any color, so that should definitely atone some if the color tone is off again.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.