Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Mike Stauffer, AKA Beds, has just posted an in-depth look at the changes to the NBA 2K16 ratings system. It is definitely an interesting approach that will generate plenty of discussion. Read it over and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 getzmunney @ 08/21/15 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
So James harden has a 95 draw foul rating based on advanced stats of hall of fame guys too?? I'm confused how the HOF stuff plays into this if Harden has a 95 in that rating.
Only thing that had me side eying lol

# 22 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/21/15 11:22 PM
Like it a lot

# 23 STLRams @ 08/21/15 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
So this is geared toward online play judging from the YouTube comment. What about offline players? Will player tendencies be touched so the cpu players act like their real life counterparts?
I'm really, really curious about this also.

# 24 vtcrb @ 08/21/15 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by battle1436
I can't wait to play tired of bum players just jacking up shots with star players, now they have to fix charges before half court!!!!!!!
That has to do with Tendencies, have nothing to do with Ratings.

Edit: Sorry i was assuming you meant CPU controlled players, but after reading it again, i thought maybe you could be talking about On-Line USER bums. Nothing can fix that. lol

# 25 Yuss @ 08/21/15 11:34 PM
Quote:
So James harden has a 95 draw foul rating based on advanced stats of hall of fame guys too?? I'm confused how the HOF stuff plays into this if Harden has a 95 in that rating.
not sure what statistics were used, but Harden averages 10.2 FTA

That's a high number in any era.

# 26 J_Posse @ 08/21/15 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05
This is why 2k is better than EA. I love the idea of reexamining the criteria used to quantify player attributes, and I've always felt that a 99 rating should reflect the best ever. A huge issue with Madden is that player ratings range from about 80-99. They dont take advantage of the 100 point scale. In 2k, a legit 100 point scale is used to better differentiate players in all categories. Major props 2k
Not true, 2K uses a scale from 25 - 99 to rate players. The NBA won't allow them to rate players below 25 and the rating sealing has always been 99.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 27 jerwoods @ 08/21/15 11:34 PM
great job mike but nba 2k10 is the gold standard for ratings in a sports game

# 28 Trackball @ 08/21/15 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus36
Huh. Well, numbers don't lie.

Also explains how Nazr Mohammed still has a job...

# 29 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/21/15 11:43 PM
Quote:

Call that a Attachment 104941

# 30 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/21/15 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Huh. Well, numbers don't lie.

Also explains how Nazr Mohammed still has a job...

Nazar has a job cuz he's from Chicago and nice vet

# 31 daystew @ 08/21/15 11:48 PM
I've very pleased with this rating scale. It should balance the game tremendously, no need for there to be a guy on every squad with a +90 mid-range game when it's not true from a historical perspective.

I love it. 2K16 seems to be an all out monster.

# 32 jeebs9 @ 08/21/15 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaruAqua
Very interesting. Definitely liking what I'm seeing but the only killer for me is LBJ at a 94 and KD at a 91. No way should there be a three rating gap between those two unless their ratings are evaluated off of their careers. When healthy, KD is the best player on the planet, IMO. They should both be a 94 or KD should be a point higher.
Hahaha Thank god it's your opinion. LeBron James just carried his team to the finals. And he balled or of his mind. And your saying KD who didn't make the playoffs, was injured for most of the season and finally hasn't won the big one yet. I don't think they should be tied.

# 33 supaswagga22 @ 08/22/15 12:05 AM
Quote:
well he's one of the best all time at getting to the line.. only 14 ppl have attempted more than 824 fta in a season (Harden's numbers in 2014-15).. so yeah, that makes sense..

# 34 2_headedmonster @ 08/22/15 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Hahaha Thank god it's your opinion. LeBron James just carried his team to the finals. And he balled or of his mind. And your saying KD who didn't make the playoffs, was injured for most of the season and finally hasn't won the big one yet. I don't think they should be tied.
in the eastern conference?

...carried or strolled?

Balled out of his mind ooooor shot TERRIBLY overall and HISTORICALLY bad from three...like worst ever?

# 35 jeebs9 @ 08/22/15 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
in the eastern conference?

...carried or strolled?

Balled out of his mind ooooor shot TERRIBLY overall and HISTORICALLY bad from three...like worst ever?
Yea if you can't admit that LeBron is the best player in the nba right now. I don't need to explain. Just keep believing yourself. And then trying to compare him to someone who barely played last season. It's not even a contest hahaha.

# 36 stillfeelme @ 08/22/15 12:18 AM
The only thing that will be subjective is the rebounds and some of the ratings. There are not stats for everything that dates way back say past 1982 or 81 for rebounds. They didn't have rebound % at least on basketball-reference.com. Do a search for Wilt Chamberlain and you will notice he was averaging 27 rebounds/g but they don't have separate stats for offense and defense rebounds.

Also things like blocks were not recorded way back when I think they started recording that in 1974, so it will be interesting how Beds rate great centers who were shot blockers but there is no data to back it up.

Overall this sounds like it will be very good though and what he is saying sounds like they eliminated some known cheesy animations.

# 37 stillfeelme @ 08/22/15 12:31 AM
The thing about the foul rate thing specifically Harden I hope they gave Harden specific animations. He uses the one move where he places his arms under the defender and throws his hands up. Dude is a master at drawing contact, combine that with a nasty handle and he is tough to stop.

# 38 twinsfan34 @ 08/22/15 12:33 AM
Quote:
That's a great list (and stat to back up the ratings), but it doesn't include the really GREAT rebounders, e.g. Chamberlain, Russell, Thurmond.

If you assume they played every minute (many of them did) their rebound rates are 23-25% on average. No way to tell unless someone can watch game film to figure out the difference between OFF/DEFF, but either way, not hard to imagine Chamberlain and Russell (et al) being superior rebounders to Rodman.

Also, Rodman only had sustained elite level rebounding for 7 seasons. Chamberlain and Russell were well over 10+ seasons at that level.

# 39 twinsfan34 @ 08/22/15 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaswagga22
well he's one of the best all time at getting to the line.. only 14 ppl have attempted more than 824 fta in a season (Harden's numbers in 2014-15).. so yeah, that makes sense..
This.

Yes. Harden, among players all time, is ELITE at getting to the FT line in ANY period of the NBA. Elite. Jordan, Jerry West, Chamberlain, Malone, Robertson, Malone.

# 40 ggsimmonds @ 08/22/15 12:46 AM
The news keeps getting better.

Every sports game needs to follow a HOF scale, but I am thinking of one in particular.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.