Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed the first extended NBA 2K16 gameplay trailer, titled "WINNING".

Cover athletes Stephen Curry, James Harden, and Anthony Davis star in the trailer, along with a plethora of the NBA’s top talent. Check it out and post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 421 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 08/25/15 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I thought it was Our Lord and Savior from 2k14, Jesus Bird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 422 VDusen04 @ 08/26/15 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
Had to have been a rough day in the office for whichever set of artists were forced to come to terms with that being their final product. I just picture a handful of employees taking a look at the final product and wondering where they'd gone so wrong, before resigning to the fact they'd just created Hillbilly Rod Stewart.

# 423 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 08/26/15 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Had to have been a rough day in the office for whichever set of artists were forced to come to terms with that being their final product. I just picture a handful of employees taking a look at the final product and wondering where they'd gone so wrong, before resigning to the fact they'd just created Hillbilly Rod Stewart.

Or maybe they wanted to do a face scan of bird but since they couldn't bring him in they just scanned this guy

# 424 Boilerbuzz @ 08/26/15 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
And Kellogg does Pacers broadcasts, or at least he used to.

Quinn Buckner. Can't stand him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Pfft. Not buying this nonsense. They've got Harden stirring the pot with the wrong hand!

LOL! Had me for a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
The most passionate gamers often make good developers, and you can tell the 2k dev just plain love gaming.

Or the worst. Some of us here on OS can't see the forest through the trees and would get bogged down by the more mundane points of working day to day. And some people, myself included, have such a hardline view of what some games should be, people would HATE my game because it would be too hard or unforgiving. In this game, I hate the fact that defenders don't do more to restrict the movement of the offensive players. Or they don't pay for spamming steal all damned day. Anyway, I think, to do anything well, you have to have the passion, but the restraint as well to not get carried away. And to be open minded to see the views of other people - like the casual audience. You see, many of us here on OS carry a little bit of a disdain for the casual audience. But they make up the VAST majority of your market. The most passionate people here are the dudes complaining about shoes. But, would you want them on gameplay? They can't do shoes all year...

# 425 E The Rhymer @ 08/26/15 12:40 AM
Sweet baby Jesus

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

# 426 Goffs @ 08/26/15 05:12 AM
Hmmm just had a thought...what if 2k added body scans for myplayer? They could've gone the phone route like EA but having body scans implemented will make full use of the PS4/Kinect cams.

# 427 Taer @ 08/26/15 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Hmmm just had a thought...what if 2k added body scans for myplayer? They could've gone the phone route like EA but having body scans implemented will make full use of the PS4/Kinect cams.
You really want to experience everyone's real-life body-scanned guts and legs online? We should be scared that this day approaches. Very scared.

# 428 Goffs @ 08/26/15 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
You really want to experience everyone's real-life body-scanned guts and legs online? We should be scared that this day approaches. Very scared.
Why not? Not everyone is built the same and it adds variety in the park! Besides it could be just an option to use....

# 429 lakers24 @ 08/26/15 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Why not? Not everyone is built the same and it adds variety in the park! Besides it could be just an option to use....
I think using preexisting body scans in the game would work just as fine and be a hell of a lot easier to try to pull off than getting a Kinect or PSeye to scan a body.

# 430 strawberryshortcake @ 08/26/15 09:51 AM
Quote:
I think using preexisting body scans in the game would work just as fine and be a hell of a lot easier to try to pull off than getting a Kinect or PSeye to scan a body.
What if you're non athletic and is carrying extra weight where none of the pre-made player model fits? Do they have such player types in the game? Options. Options. More options.

Quote:
I totally understand your gripe, I'm just stating that I'm not sure whether they are doing legs as well. I know for a fact that pretty much every player that was body scanned has on basketball shorts exposing their lower legs and I also know for a fact that they CAN scan whole bodies like they did with cheerleaders and in WWE. The possibility is there, I suspect they may have scanned legs, but they may not have and it may not have been completely needed as to cut down on time or because most players don't have "distinctive" legs outside of a few. Whereas a persons arm size is a lot more noticeable (please understand I'm not disregarding legs and saying they're unimportant just that they are easier to replicate anatomically without the need for scanning than a players torso/arms). As for the picture you posted, there are several things going on: 1.Tyreke is closest to the camera so he appears the largest, 2. Davis is bent over dusting off Evans' shoulders, 3. You can clearly see how much larger a true 7'1 player in Alexis Ajinca is compared to pretty much everyone there.
I immediately had the feeling that you were going to quote me and respond after I made that post.

As prefaced in my post, I specifically pointed out that I knew part of the reason why Tyreke looks beastly and tall had a lot to do with the camera angle. But to be more correct, Davis isn't entirely bent over, he's simply tilted to the side a little. Didn't know who Alexis Ajinca was, so I did a google search.

Even with Tyreke (6'6") closer to the camera and Davis (6'10") a few steps back and a side tilt, such a massive (4") discrepancy seems suspect. The only real way to determine if height is properly depicted by 2k is firing up NBA2k16 when the time comes. Pictures can be deceptive.

Lower legs (knee, shin, calf area) are certainly easier to replicate than one's torso and arms, but that doesn't mean 2k ensured the actual leg length was true to the player himself. If 2k doesn't actually take into account the distance from waist to ankles (or bottom of foot) OR waist to shoulders, it could very well throw off how a player looks.

Not having an all inclusive body scan could spell possible trouble. Not everyone's waist start at the same location. Some people have short legs, others have long or short torso. Not fully body scanning players could honestly result in players looking just a little off.

# 431 Nevertheles109 @ 08/26/15 10:05 AM
Idle time around here permits too much speculation/assumptions.

Remember a week ago the topic of discussion was AD's teeth and it Was almost presented as fact that they had his teeth wrong. Low and behold they nailed it yet no one acknowledges they were dead wrong. How about we just wait a month to make such hastily assumptions?

After all, it's only a month

# 432 Goffs @ 08/26/15 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
What if you're non athletic and is carrying extra weight where none of the pre-made player model fits? Do they have such player types in the game? Options. Options. More options.
Exactly! You're not forced to use the cam but hell I would use it represent me better!

OPTIONS!

# 433 TalenT @ 08/26/15 11:18 AM
The 2K release cycle on Operation Sports.
-News starts to leak
-Feature list & soundtrack releases
-People complain "That's cool and all but I want to see gameplay!"
-Sizzle trailer comes out and blows people away. Those same people are all like "Preordered!"
-Game comes out and people nitpick that the game doesn't play the way THEY like
-Rinse & repeat

Lol Did I miss anything?

# 434 drewwright @ 08/26/15 11:40 AM
They better fix Harden stirring the pot with the wrong hand like cmon that's just common knowledge.

# 435 strawberryshortcake @ 08/26/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewwright
They better fix Harden stirring the pot with the wrong hand like cmon that's just common knowledge.

Wasn't exactly common knowledge ... at least not to me or the original artist. But apparently it did get fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1eGbOCPOGU

# 436 The 24th Letter @ 08/26/15 01:17 PM
Yeah I can't say I knew what hand Harden stirred with until there was a big deal made of it...glad they fixed it though...

Side note: Stirring tea with your non dominant hand helps manage anger...

# 437 Misterjibb @ 08/26/15 01:29 PM
Really impressed with this trailer. The developers did a phenomenal job capturing the players' signature emotions/gestures as well as enhancing the overall crowd atmosphere during the pregame intro. Hence the 3D court animations in the beginning. That definitely adds to the realism. Didn't notice any fans using the staircase or leaving their seats for a bathroom break though! Eh, oh well. It'll make its way back to the game someday.

Still eager to see live gameplay before I'm totally sold on the game. I'll give it to 2K, they're doing a good job marketing 2K16 however, they often times get the fans overly excitred but don't live up to the hype. As a sim gamer, I truly want this game to function properly in all aspects after launch. So far the recent news about the inflated player attributes plus the added post moves is a good start. There's simply too much perimeter play in 2K15 but that's another topic. Happy to see the integration of college into MyPlayer and the depth in MYGM/League as well.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with what was presented in this trailer. Keep striving to innovate 2K!

# 438 23 @ 08/26/15 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yeah I can't say I knew what hand Harden stirred with until there was a big deal made of it...glad they fixed it though...

Side note: Stirring tea with your non dominant hand helps manage anger...

They had two different pics or clips already where it was fixed thats how i know there are different builds besides the obvious

# 439 Cripterion @ 08/26/15 03:11 PM
I wonder if we will get a 2K where you see players coming off the bench and taking off their warmups. Maybe next next gen?
Also someone in here said he spotted players with towels but haven't seen any variation with players on the bench.

Would be nice if they gave us the option to add more details for us pc folks, have more cameramen and permanent cheerleaders on the sidelines.

# 440 HowDareI @ 08/26/15 03:42 PM
Lol I wish they made you scan your body, face, and height and made you play as yourself online. All the lil chubby kids that make 7'3 point guards would be lost when they're 5'2 self's are getting pinned by me haha.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.