Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Madden NFL 16 has officially arrived today. Make sure you play a few games and share your impressions with the community!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 HozAndMoose @ 08/25/15 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Thanks. I can live with that stat bubble as it isn't really too intrusive.

If I can get rid of the goals before each drive and the silly icons that fill the screen you can consider me a happy man for now.
You need to turn off Defensive Tackle Indicator as well so you dont get the tackle button on D.

# 102 Poke @ 08/25/15 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
I just started playing so I'm going to keep this short initially: what is with the very off colors in the game? I'm playing a night game at Lambeau right now, and the Eagles pants are quite obviously blue rather than green, while the Packers jerseys are really faded versions of the real jerseys.

Is this normal or is it something else? Any comments on the colors in the game? I mean they are so clearly off I don't see how the team at EA could have missed it and thought, "yeah that looks right."
colors look cool on my screen

# 103 MasonBaker @ 08/25/15 10:06 PM
Best Madden I've ever played, well done EA, well done! The future looks awesome! One question tho, has anyone found a way to turn off the new pass camera options? Its still on when I set it to No.. SO frustrating. In CFM btw.. I like playing in the zoomed camera but that's when it happens. I've had to move up one camera angle so it doesn't happen, but love the closeness of zoomed, just not a passing camera following the ball lol

Thanks!

# 104 LowerWolf @ 08/25/15 10:08 PM
I kept my M15 files ... just in case. I think I'm going to go ahead and delete them now.

# 105 ASUBoy93 @ 08/25/15 10:20 PM
I am currently really happy with the game, and I am in love with the gameplay. I think it might need some tinkering in the future, but as of right now, I'm very pleased with what I purchased.

8.5/10

# 106 kehlis @ 08/25/15 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Is anyone else's goal banner at the bottom seem slightly cut off? Not like bad, but like a little cut off or maybe it's my TV?
Yea, it's cut off for me as well.

# 107 noplace @ 08/25/15 10:30 PM
Game is pretty impressive so far.. I'm shocked EA actually went in to detail on the little things they normally overlook. I've played only 2 games but see the potential to be a great one if they tighten up so things like the dummy tackling and make player movement more organic. I stayed in skills training and practice mode most of the day learning the new controls while tweaking the sliders to reflect real life gameplay as close as possible. I'm still learning the new mechanics but I must say this is the best madden to date. Well done EA.. Now update the freakin equipment lol.. Had to throw that in... This game is an 8 easy on potential alone.. The lighting update was huge in the visual department and tackling is much better once you find the right settings..

# 108 Mike Lowe @ 08/25/15 10:35 PM
Aside from the obvious issues with draft class generation and in-game goal achieving being through the roof, here are some things I noticed.

First, the game is really solid out of the box, minus penalties which need increasing ny default.

The issues In still seeing are:

K and P getting into the QB depth charts for AI teams

In a simulated test season, the top 3 league leaders for runs of 20+ were 3, 2 and 2 after 16 games.

Defensive coverage stats are still not being recorded at all during played games (only simulated games).

In a simulated test season, an average of 1.625 injuries per team after week 17, and the injury slider only affects played games.

In a simulated test season, 10 season ending injuries by season's end.

In a simulated test season, 3 blocked kicks according to the defensive stats, but Ks show far more than 3 being blocked (shouldn't they match?)

When OL are giving up 30+ sacks in a season, why are they still starting for their teams?

# 109 JoshC1977 @ 08/25/15 10:42 PM
Got a game in with my Saints in CFM mode and played the Cardinals in week 1 using default All Pro. The game went to OT and I was able to get a drive down the field for a 45-39 win. The big play of the game was on a long bomb from Brees to Josh Morgan with 1 second left and down by three. He came down with the pass, but a DPI was called (totally legit) and I accepted the penalty to stop the clock and kicked the FG to go into OT. I have just been tinkering a bit since then with sliders to see how things work.

A couple of thoughts (aside from the usual thoughts about penalties, animations, lighting, etc.)

• I am 99% sure that penalties do not impact gameplay as they have previously. I tried setting all penalties to 0 (or off) and saw no major differences in how the game felt or played. Nothing scientific, but in past editions, the difference was pretty apparent. This is good and bad, it makes slider tweaking a lot easier but it also reduces some level of finite control over tweaking some elements of gameplay (in the old setup, I could've quickly adjusted the 'sticky' lineplay with a combo of the offsides, holding, and false start sliders).
  • QBs actually attack deep - even on All Pro and the AI is much improved. This is huge as these items caused me a lot of consternation last year.
  • Gameplay sliders seem to be fairly responsive. It should make tweaking things easier.
  • Default threshold (or whatever they call it this year) appears to be darn close to being ratings-based.
Still very much in the honeymoon phase, but it is clear that EA did a ton of work on gameplay this year. If the known issues are properly patched, this is a really solid game of football.

# 110 JayBee74 @ 08/25/15 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
I only buy each sports game once every few years (Football, Basketball, etc). I don’t have a ton of time to play and I like to make it a long ways into my Franchise.

I wasn’t real impressed with the new features, so think I will wait 1 more year to get a Football game. Do you guys think that is a good idea or is this one that great I should get it for the next few years?

Also, I haven’t decided on a PS4 or Xone yet (So I wouldn’t get the game right away). I’ve just been using my 360, playing basketball a lot.

Any thoughts?
Much improved in the passing game, the graphics are terrific, but I still find no great joy in playing defense . In Franchise mode I tried "super simming" through my defensive possessions, but I get "sim torched".

# 111 wordtobigbird @ 08/25/15 11:21 PM
Finnally assited tackles seem to really work.

Solid gameplay so far. AI is much improved. Ijust nedd to learn the new mechanics in and out.

# 112 Jr. @ 08/25/15 11:42 PM
I find it frustratingly ironic that in the intro, PP7 is matched up on Antonio Brown, following him all over the field, but we are unable to set that up within the actual game.

# 113 jfsolo @ 08/25/15 11:42 PM
Played my first game after spending a lot of time in practice mode, 2nd play of the game, I got a PI call against me

It was on my corner who has an undisciplined penalty rating. Had two holding calls in one half against my rookie RG on the Rams who was trying to block Suh.

With average DB's and WR's playing against each other the battles for the ball are well tuned. I'll have to see how it is against elite WR's

Pressure on the QB is vital to controlling the passing game.

I finally feel like I can't just call safe, vanilla plays on D all the time and wait for the CPU QB to inevitably self-destruct.

In just one half using Nick Foles, I could tell that you can't just use any QB and get elite play.

# 114 Resurrection403 @ 08/26/15 12:02 AM
skipped a lot of maddens. i own only m25 in the last 6 years. glad i bought this one, its a huge leap forward. some legacy stuff still there but a huge improvement in a lot of ways. the game feels more like football than before.

# 115 Smallville102001 @ 08/26/15 12:11 AM
So I am going to make this fast because I end up giving in and got the game and just finished my first game and had just posted my thoughts but my bad stupid internet went down and so I lost what I was trying to post and I already quit the game so I don't know what the stats where like. But any way I won 24-19 Me GB vs Denver CPU all pro ever thing default. The CPU had a average of about 4 yards a attempt on the ground so not bad and was doing better on the ground then they where passing the ball the first 3 quarters but they had a big 4th quarter and almost came back from 18 down on me. They only had 98 yards passing the first 3 quarters. Me I couldn't run the ball at all. I had around 100 yard running but most of that was just because I had 2 big runs with Rodgers of 21 yards and 20 yards. Other then those 2 plays by the QB I only average about 2 yards a try. I think user run blocking may need to go up but I need to play more before I know for sure though.

Graphically the game looks much better then last year and same with the animations in the game to. The CPU DB had a great play where they caused a pick when it looked like my WR was going to come down with the ball for a catch. I can already tell that the CPU QB is smarter then last year. I only had 1 sack and I saw sever other plays where the CPU just got rid of the ball out of bounds that last year when have just been a sack for sure. Also the CPU QB will try deep passes more this year it looks like. I also had a nice play by the CPU QB where they made a nice step up in the pocket to avoid the pressure and make a nice pass that would have just been a sack last year to.

Like some people have said the pass rush may be to low because it felt like the CPU had to much time to pass and didn't get enough pressure on them. Need to play more but I think blocking on punt returns may be better because I had a 12 and a 11 yard return. For a long time in madden ever punt return is like 0-5 yards but I need to play more to know for sure to small of a sample size. Also there where 8 flags but 4 times 3 time for me and it happened once for the CPU where there was a encroachment called just coming out of the huddle so that is a big issue. With out those I only had 4 real flags between the 2 teams so really not much. Is any one else having a bug of being called for encroachment just coming out of the huddle? Has people have said tackles look much better then before. I had a play where 4 or 5 guys got into a tackle and didn't just fail down into someone like in years past. The last thought for now I think drop passes may be to high on default. There was only 1 drop pass between both me and the CPU on the stats but it felt like there where like 12-14 passes dropped between me and the CPU combined.

# 116 bigeastbumrush @ 08/26/15 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
What camera are you guys using?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Wide.

It's incredible on special teams. Feel like I have a chance to break one.

# 117 DJ @ 08/26/15 12:36 AM
Played one game (PS4), Tampa Bay at New York Giants (me). Giants won 31-24. All-Pro difficulty (no slider adjustments) on 12-min. quarters with play clock runoff at 15 seconds.

-Game is beautiful. Colors pop on the screen. Turf and uniforms really look better compared to last year. Players that were scanned look great. Game looks like it belongs on current gen.

-Commentary. I don't think it's terrible. It's pretty much the same as we've had the past 3 years. Jim and Phil don't bother me.

-WR/DB interactions are a welcomed addition. Not saying they are perfect because some legacy issues are there, but still very nice to see jostling for position now.

-PENALTIES! They are in and the sliders work. I turned all up to 55 and the Bucs had 5 penalties, while the Giants had 10! Offensive pass interference, defensive pass interference, roughing the passer, illegal block in the back, defensive holding, offensive holding, false start, offsides and facemask were all called in my game. This adds a nice level of realism to the game.

-New QB controls. I like 'em. Again, a nice extra layer of strategy. You can fire a ball into coverage, touch pass over zone coverage or LB in man and lob one deep. The high/low angle option is also nice.

-I tried the new catch options. Really cool. OBJ caught a slant and I used RAC to catch as TB was in straight man with no deep safety. Awesome to see the WR catch the ball in stride and not lose momentum. Aggressive catch I tried 4 times and caught 1 ball. I like that percentage. I mostly just let the CPU decide the catch option and that worked out fine.

-Defensive camera. I know this was in last year, but so glad we have the player-lock option in Madden.

-Zoom camera is where I'll be on offense.

-No pass rush from either team in the game. Had one sack on a blitz, as did TB. Front 4 didn't generate any pressure on pass plays. McCoy made his presence felt against the run, though.

-Speaking of the run game, CPU was alright. Martin ripped off a 29-yard run early, but was mostly bottled up after that. He finished with 58 yards and a 3.8 ypc. Jennings was right at 100 yards on 24 carries.

-No Robo QB. Winston (again, default All-Pro) completed 57% of his passes (304 yards) with 2 TD's and 2 INT's. Eli was right around 70% with me controlling him. A lot of quick, short passes.

-Good thing is the issues I've detected I am confident I can iron out, either with a bump up in difficulty and/or a few slider tweaks.

I'm not going to make any grand statements after one game. I will say that the game I did play tonight was very enjoyable and I am looking forward to the next one. Previous Maddens I had to force myself to put the game in the system and even then, completing an entire game was often a chore. I look forward to exploring CFM, adjusting some sliders and settling in for a long season of Madden football for the first time in a long time.

# 118 Ankido @ 08/26/15 12:45 AM
I'm not a Madden or EA fan. I must say, after all these years and I'm talking about over 25 years of playing Madden...this is by far the best one to date. It actually feels like a real football game.

Passing game: Very crisp and under control. I love how we now use different type of catches. What I love most about the passing is that it's not 100% guarantee that you will make an aggressive catch. So don't expect to be dropping bombs all day.

Running: I don't know what game you guys are playing but the running is still the same. Blockers don't block and when they do it's always the wrong person. When you watch the CPU run the ball, they cut like the real deal. When we try to do it, we're all over the place running sideways and backwards. Still not a good running game. I play on All Pro with Normal speed and sometimes Slow just to get a feel for it. I'm sorry, the blocks are not there. Take the time to watch replays and you'll notice this a lot.

Defense: I'm not much of a defensive type of guy. Honestly, I stink at defense. I've noticed there is more control now. I can defend the ball in the air and at times it's not 100%.

Overall: It's a solid game that requires a lot of tweaking with sliders. I'm interested to see who comes up with some realistic sliders for a pretty realistic game. Good job EA. Even though I hate you, you actually came through. Unfortunately, this should have happened years ago.

# 119 ajk49er @ 08/26/15 12:49 AM
First off, CFM is full of so many issues and problems that I don't think its fair to include it in my impressions. the list is too long.

so, I will go off of gameplay. this is easily the most fun I have had in madden in a long time. I see people complaining about pass rush, I am not having that problem out of a 3-4, I am getting great pressure. for me I am finally noticing the difference in a OK and a Great player. I played against Colt McCoy and destroyed him, he fumbled, got picked 3 times and was ineffective. I played Andrew Luck and he lit me the heck up.

the CPU run game is a problem, but I am not sure what the problem really is. I played the Colts and they ran all over me, 25-125...but compared to 14-12 and all the other results I have been getting...I was surprised at how well they gashed me.

presentation is so improved. the little things in commentary are huge. Penalties are FINALLY a part of the game, which again, is HUGE. I have lost 2 of 4 games thanks to penalties ruining my typical strategy that would never fail in closing out games. thanks Dee Ford for those 2 facemask penalties on 3rd down inside the 20.

Special Teams is still an issue. punters get far too much distance, which I am OK with in terms of a user because there is a huge risk reward in regards to where you punt the ball and how far, but the CPU has no real control over this, and I often have to handicap myself on punts.

I love the new WR/DB interactions, I would like to see more of a defensive emphasis and some S love, but this is a league with passing records set all the time, so I am not as bothered by this. I am disappointed in white photo players being black, I am disappointed in a lack of editing forcing progression/regression to be a major problem. I really dig the new scouting system, I find its not as easy as it used to be, and I likely won't remember the smaller photos and names quite as well as years past.

but this is the first game that doesn't feel "hollow" to me, I finally feel involved in the action, I finally feel like I am not playing the same game I had been playing for 10 plus years, and I am finally challenged by the AI. I lost my first 4 games on All Pro. this is after years of going on All Madden the first game and winning 52-0.

If they could just fix these problems that pop up in CFM every year, and if they could make minor adjustments to the gameplay(CPU running, Safety play can be incredibly frustrating)...I dare say this is the best Madden since 05, and its not really that close.(maybe 12 with player editing) I give them a lot of credit for reading these forums and addressing issues, because in years past it has felt like they were a bit put off by such "problems". now they seem to really want to attack and fix them.

# 120 fballturkey @ 08/26/15 01:23 AM
From two runs through draft champion and two exhibition games:

DC is a neat idea but half baked, offline at least. I don't want to suffer through two easy games to get to the one good game every time it resets. That isn't fun. Also three minute quarters mean what happens doesn't really resemble football strategy at all. It's a good concept but badly executed.

Gameplay is improved quite a bit. I like the new catching/defending mechanics. Haven't gotten the hang of the new run game but that may just be me.

Presentation is bad. The camera angle changes between plays are both jarring and unrealistic (which is fine if they're asthetically pleasing but they aren't) and there are a ton of weird post-play animation glitches with guys popping up in unrealistic ways and laying dead on the ground for a few seconds then popping right back up. One good thing I saw was that a player missed an INT and went into the holding head animation. His teammate behind him ended up getting it though and ran right around him. It was a good, realistic looking sequence. Most of the DB/WR interactions look good now.

Commentary is a dumpster fire. Context specific lines are dropping at completely inappropriate times. I've got Nantz (I think that's his name?) giving the "And that will do it, they won't have time to run another one!" when the other team gets tackled with time left returning a punt. I've got Simms saying that what I need to do here is march down the field and score when I can kneel the clock out with a lead. I'm getting told how great my defense is playing after one play. It's awful.

Overall it seems like it is probably good online if you like that. CCM isn't ready to be played yet so if that's your thing hold off till they fix it. A rating based on the current game would probably be a 3/10, but if they fixed CCM it'd probably be a 6.5.

On a different note, the opening sequence clued me in to something that I didn't realize is missing but really is. The players have no emotion or personality. Seeing Brown jabbering at the ref and then talking up his team put me into the game 100x more than I normally am. I don't know how you'd do it exactly, but getting some of that into regular games would make a massive difference in terms of immersion. Hopefully it's on their radar.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.