Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Over on our YouTube channel (why not Subscribe while you're there?), I have broken down all the footage from NBA 2K16's first gameplay trailer.

A big thank you goes out to everyone in the community. You guys killed it in the news post, pointing out pretty much everything there was to spot. My job was more or less turned into just relaying all the awesome stuff you guys noticed.

If you missed anything or have not taken the time to tackle the entirety of this epic thread, then this video might be worth your while. Or if you just want to check out hi-res, frame-by-frame captures of the trailer one more time, check out the video.

Also, here is the link to the hi-res YouTube version.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Don Jon @ 08/25/15 02:01 PM
Hey Chase, I really appreciate these video's you've been making, its much less time demanding to listen to a video then it is to read the whole 100+ page forum. Please keep these up!

# 2 ChaseB @ 08/25/15 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
Hey Chase, I really appreciate these video's you've been making, its much less time demanding to listen to a video then it is to read the whole 100+ page forum. Please keep these up!
This one is all the community. Big ups to you all, y'all killed it as usual.

Thanks for watching though, appreciate it.

# 3 alabamarob @ 08/25/15 02:23 PM
Great post

# 4 Steve_OS @ 08/25/15 02:25 PM
Disappointed at the lack of butt scanning.

# 5 YaBoial @ 08/25/15 02:28 PM
Great trailer only gripe was the j wall windmill dunk. He never will do a windmill dunk on someone in traffic like that. Other than that. Great overall presentation. All visuals are awesome

Sent from my LIFE PURE MINI using Tapatalk

# 6 ChaseB @ 08/25/15 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
I really enjoy the vid, pointed out some cool new features...but that booty scanning had me rolling.

Thanks.
I would like to see that conversation if 2K had it. "All right CP3 now, uh, strip...You heard me Chris, do it." Then again when they're in those mo-cap suits, those are already skin tight I mean it could be done!

# 7 Young Coaches @ 08/25/15 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon

Thanks Jon. My other account got banned for asking what were the guys with newspaper article size posts talking about. Mr. 23 calls that spamming

# 8 ChaseB @ 08/25/15 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
Lol...and that will lead up to players doing butt exercise and comparing *ss..that's crazy.
LeBron James: "Nah Chris, it's looking tight. All that time on the banana boat squeezing those thighs made it look extra firm."

Chris Paul: "Thanks Bron, that means a lot!"

# 9 BluFu @ 08/25/15 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Coaches
Thanks Jon. My other account got banned for asking what were the guys with newspaper article size posts talking about. Mr. 23 calls that spamming
Why expose yourself like that 😂

# 10 The 24th Letter @ 08/25/15 03:21 PM
Good stuff Chase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 11 Young Coaches @ 08/25/15 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Why expose yourself like that 😂
What goes around comes around and no one said policies are forever.

Analyzing the Trailer though. I loved it, specially when Derrick Rose came in. And LeBron Kaepernicking. Had been Kaepernicking facing the crowd that would've knocked me off my seat, nonetheless, no one can see 2k right now in sports gaming.

# 12 victory0901 @ 08/25/15 03:41 PM
Also peep that Fan Duel has ads in the game, may be a fantasy sports tie in!

# 13 kolanji @ 08/25/15 03:44 PM
@chaseB
Most of the stuff mentioned was picked up already the OS CSI members.....

But overall the video was great, well constructed and informative...thanks i enjoyed it

# 14 kolanji @ 08/25/15 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Disappointed at the lack of butt scanning.
Lol..careful Steve..this might lead to ppl start complaining about feet sizes and want those to be scanned cause lebron's feet should be wider than the width of the court boards and longer than kevin love feet

# 15 ChaseB @ 08/25/15 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
@chaseB
Most of the stuff mentioned was picked up already the OS CSI members.....

But overall the video was great, well constructed and informative...thanks i enjoyed it
Thanks for the kind words. And yeah OS was on the case for sure.

# 16 Mauer4MVP @ 08/25/15 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I would like to see that conversation if 2K had it. "All right CP3 now, uh, strip...You heard me Chris, do it." Then again when they're in those mo-cap suits, those are already skin tight I mean it could be done!
Is that what LBJ was doing during the finals? It wasn't an actual wardrobe malfunction then?

# 17 ChaseB @ 08/25/15 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Is that what LBJ was doing during the finals? It wasn't an actual wardrobe malfunction then?
Haha, I forgot alllllll about that. Sure, let's put that on 2K.

# 18 Mikelopedia @ 08/25/15 04:24 PM
Whats up Chase, great job man, just wanted to point a couple of things out accessory wise..

-You talked about Derrick Rose's layering of his leg accessories. While layering has not worked across the board in 2k, layering knee sleeves and hex sleeves over compression pants was indeed in last year's installment. Derrick Rose had the same set up, minus the improved looking ankle braces of course.

-Further expanding on layering, as evidenced by Jamal Crawford and Anthony Davis, socks are still not layered correctly over compression pants/calf/knee accessories. In 2k they are underneath and end up looking clipped. Hopefully it's cleaned up by release as this is such a popular look. (Kyle Korver's issue is alarming because knee pads were the only accessory last year besides straps that DIDNT make long socks disappear, uh oh lol)

-You pointed out different sock length, unfortunately while the new Stance designs are cool, there are no new lengths in the trailer. Also I was slightly disappointed to not see varying knee sleeve or compression pant length.
Anyone familiar with my daily posts last year is still seeing in their nightmares "-Change compression pants to knee sleeves" lol

# 19 Goffs @ 08/25/15 04:43 PM
Just noticed the crowd is actually following the ball and the scoffs on the court. Nice detail...I actually asked for the crowd head tracking thing last gen.....love it!

# 20 ChaseB @ 08/25/15 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
Whats up Chase, great job man, just wanted to point a couple of things out accessory wise..

-You talked about Derrick Rose's layering of his leg accessories. While layering has not worked across the board in 2k, layering knee sleeves and hex sleeves over compression pants was indeed in last year's installment. Derrick Rose had the same set up, minus the improved looking ankle braces of course.

-Further expanding on layering, as evidenced by Jamal Crawford and Anthony Davis, socks are still not layered correctly over compression pants/calf/knee accessories. In 2k they are underneath and end up looking clipped. Hopefully it's cleaned up by release as this is such a popular look. (Kyle Korver's issue is alarming because knee pads were the only accessory last year besides straps that DIDNT make long socks disappear, uh oh lol)

-You pointed out different sock length, unfortunately while the new Stance designs are cool, there are no new lengths in the trailer. Also I was slightly disappointed to not see varying knee sleeve or compression pant length.
Anyone familiar with my daily posts last year is still seeing in their nightmares "-Change compression pants to knee sleeves" lol
Good points all around! Clearly I need to step up my focus on the equipment game to keep up with y'all. I was just checking against pictures and stuff but you obviously are in deep.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.