Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Over on our YouTube channel (why not Subscribe while you're there?), I have broken down all the footage from NBA 2K16's first gameplay trailer.

A big thank you goes out to everyone in the community. You guys killed it in the news post, pointing out pretty much everything there was to spot. My job was more or less turned into just relaying all the awesome stuff you guys noticed.

If you missed anything or have not taken the time to tackle the entirety of this epic thread, then this video might be worth your while. Or if you just want to check out hi-res, frame-by-frame captures of the trailer one more time, check out the video.

Also, here is the link to the hi-res YouTube version.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 stillfeelme @ 08/26/15 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Same with the hair.

If a player doesn't get scanned, I can understand if the in-game model doesn't look that accurate. But hopefully they can still alter players hair even if they didn't get scanned this year.

For example, Jabari obviously got scanned last year because his face looks spot on. But his hair is much longer now in real life (as opposed to in this video). So even if he didn't get scanned for 2k16, I hope that doesn't mean they can't/won't make his hair look more accurate as to how it is now.
It is all about when they get scanned and players making it a priority to get scanned. 2K appeared to be coming to teams to get scanning done last season but if a player was hurt chances are they might not even be coming in to get scanned. If a player was scanned but changed up a bunch of their features, hair tattoos weight in the off-season chances are high they didn't get scanned

2K is not stalking these guys like a paparazzi.

It seems to go like this

1. They try to scan players at home arena during the season for next year
2. They get incoming rookies scans at Summer League
3. They try to get other players at their own studio say on west coast trips.

This is most likely why certain players scans could be out of date or not get scanned at all, injuries, or major changes during the off-season.

# 42 ChaseB @ 08/26/15 10:33 AM
Quote:
Same with the hair.

If a player doesn't get scanned, I can understand if the in-game model doesn't look that accurate. But hopefully they can still alter players hair even if they didn't get scanned this year.

For example, Jabari obviously got scanned last year because his face looks spot on. But his hair is much longer now in real life (as opposed to in this video). So even if he didn't get scanned for 2k16, I hope that doesn't mean they can't/won't make his hair look more accurate as to how it is now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
It is all about when they get scanned and players making it a priority to get scanned. 2K appeared to be coming to teams to get scanning done last season but if a player was hurt chances are they might not even be coming in to get scanned. If a player was scanned but changed up a bunch of their features, hair tattoos weight in the off-season chances are high they didn't get scanned

2K is not stalking these guys like a paparazzi.

It seems to go like this

1. They try to scan players at home arena during the season for next year
2. They get incoming rookies scans at Summer League
3. They try to get other players at their own studio say on west coast trips.

This is most likely why certain players scans could be out of date or not get scanned at all, injuries, or major changes during the off-season.
Yes the scanning definitely has to be initiated by both sides. Based off what I know about Madden scanning for example, they'll go to team practices etc. with the equipment, but the players still have to choose to come by. If they're injured etc. it can cause an extra issue.

But WI's point about hair to me still feels valid. Tattoos might be hard to do if you can't find good source material, but hair you could do without a new scan I would think -- I'm not sure how much a scan plays a role in hair or not as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loraxdude
I am surprised no one has noticed that you can see Derrick Rose's new signature shoe multiple times!
I'm bad at shoes! Here again to repent, three different zommed in DRose shots:

# 43 stillfeelme @ 08/26/15 11:10 AM
Yeah the hair appears to be an art team thing that could get updated on 2K's end but it depends on the person it seems on how well it looks.

I think the bushy fro's and in general long hair give 2K's art team problems. It would be cool if players get scanned again.

# 44 NastyGT @ 08/26/15 12:10 PM
What`s the point with socks?? Watching the trailer you can see Denver Nuggetes players wear their team related socks (http://media.operationsports.com/shots/624/35154.jpg) and after few seconds you see FAried dunking with pure white socks?? What is going on with it?

# 45 NastyGT @ 08/26/15 12:43 PM
Quote:
I'm assuming they're two diferent clips....not to mention you can most likely change socks in the game.

My only issue with the socks (and as others have mentioned), and they seemed to have fixed it last year, but the white socks look too gray again. Just look at the Oladipo reverse layup. The uni and shoes are bright white and the socks look gray. *shrugs*
Yeah, I noticed gray socks, too. And Blake Griffin`s girlish "no hair" armpits - http://media.operationsports.com/shots/624/35121.jpg

:-)

# 46 Da_Czar @ 08/26/15 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyGT
What`s the point with socks?? Watching the trailer you can see Denver Nuggetes players wear their team related socks (http://media.operationsports.com/shots/624/35154.jpg) and after few seconds you see FAried dunking with pure white socks?? What is going on with it?

Usually these clips can come from different builds of the game. Each build could have different art. It's not a big deal. I can do a build with no crowd if I want.

# 47 Goffs @ 08/26/15 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Usually these clips can come from different builds of the game. Each build could have different art. It's not a big deal. I can do a build with no crowd if I want.
I look forward to your no crowd vid.

# 48 Trackball @ 08/26/15 01:42 PM
Quote:
That would explain your videos with both the shot clock and the game clock turned off, so as to show how a play develops or breaks down, without having to worry about putting a shot up.

Or it was just a PC mod before.

# 49 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/26/15 01:42 PM
The animation where Aldridge was beat but was reaching for the guys waist I would like to see more of that especially off of screens.

# 50 MontanaMan @ 08/26/15 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yes the scanning definitely has to be initiated by both sides. Based off what I know about Madden scanning for example, they'll go to team practices etc. with the equipment, but the players still have to choose to come by. If they're injured etc. it can cause an extra issue.

But WI's point about hair to me still feels valid. Tattoos might be hard to do if you can't find good source material, but hair you could do without a new scan I would think -- I'm not sure how much a scan plays a role in hair or not as is.

I'm bad at shoes! Here again to repent, three different zommed in DRose shots:

I guess the lack of laces can be chalked up to different builds like Czar said. We'll see.

# 51 NastyGT @ 08/26/15 02:40 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the explanation. I was worried it is some kind of glitch.
Will you do any tactics/formations explanatory videos like you did last year?? I am not the only one who really liked that.

# 52 ChaseB @ 08/26/15 02:54 PM
Quote:
So, in other words, a PHI home game?
As a Sixers fan, I resent that comment.

# 53 Brokedan @ 08/26/15 03:24 PM
Quote:
I ball with low ankle socks, so an option to remove socks this year would be great in my opinion. I always tried to buy high tops in 2k15 to cover the white socks.

# 54 ChaseB @ 08/26/15 03:34 PM
Quote:
As a Bucks fan, I need to take any chance I get to put another team down. I don't get the chance that often.
Hey I say the Bucks are a trendy team now, you're good to go.

# 55 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/26/15 09:48 PM
Did nobody else notice that BURNIE IS BACK??? The Miami Heat mascot.

# 56 Goffs @ 08/26/15 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
Did nobody else notice that BURNIE IS BACK??? The Miami Heat mascot.
Really? He's been gone since...since...I don't remember....

# 57 ChaseB @ 08/26/15 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Really? He's been gone since...since...I don't remember....
Burnie served his hard time. Burnie did some things he's not proud of.

# 58 ChaseB @ 08/26/15 11:07 PM
Quote:
Bango (Bucks mascot) won the award for best NBA mascot a few years back. I'd say it's time to showcase him in the game.
How does one go about winning such an award?

# 59 BluFu @ 08/26/15 11:16 PM
Quote:
Bango (Bucks mascot) won the award for best NBA mascot a few years back. I'd say it's time to showcase him in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
How does one go about winning such an award?
I'd like to know how he won at all

This should've automatically disqualified him

# 60 King_B_Mack @ 08/26/15 11:17 PM
Being awesome. Like reigning NBA Mascot of the year Benny the Bull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.