Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Last night, during Game Changers Radio, Kolbe Launchbaugh, Creative Director of Madden NFL 16, advised everyone to wait until the upcoming patch (no estimated date yet, but we have seen "less than six weeks" thrown around by the development team) arrives before starting their CFM.

He talks about it at roughly the 13 minute mark.
  • They are aware of everything the community is bringing to their attention
  • They are addressing many of those items in a patch coming soon (no estimated date given)
  • You should wait until the patch is released before starting your CFM, as some of the fixes will require client side and server side fixes
No details have been given on what fixes are being implemented as of yet, but for now, it would be wise not to start your Madden NFL 16 CFM yet.

As for what could be in the patch. This is all speculation but here are some of the known CFM issues:
  • Ratings boost from drive goals making some players go over 100 overall. There is no workaround right now, drive goals are always on even if you don't keep notifications going on your screen.
  • Regression being overly harsh on offensive linemen (seems to be more pass blocking than anything else) that causes their ratings to fall quite drastically. This appears to stem more from SuperSim or simulating games as linemen give up too many sacks and then regress.
  • Rookies coming in that are not scaled to the new speed/deep accuracy ratings Madden is using on default rosters. So many new rookies can come in after season one and be better than most everyone else in the game at certain things. (This one seems like it would obviously be a reason you have to start your franchise over because rookies are put in your Year 1 CFM from the start of the season.)
Other issues we are tracking but haven't confirmed on staff ourselves:
  • QBs getting too many carries during a game (in SuperSim but not regular sims).
  • Re-signing players to really crazy bargains (that is, superstars taking major discounts).

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 Birdman18 @ 08/26/15 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
It means he's answering the question of "Do we have to restart our franchises?" every year when a sports game gets patched. The answer is yes, so he's telling people to wait.

Franchise mode is totally playable, the results are just not optimal right now. Maybe the 'broken' guys should use a more accurate word to describe the issue.

Cluster f**k? Hot mess? Or maybe this: FUBAR?

www.techraptor.net

# 282 Instant C1a55ic @ 08/26/15 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Market
Do you have to be so literal and rigid? You know what he means by broken. If a developer says "Don't start this mode" what does that mean?
Do you have to be so passive and judgmental?

The term "broken" gets tossed around so much around here it makes me sick. Broken is what its meant to be, not able to be used at all. What the dev is saying is "Dont start this mode because you will need to start over because of a patch" No where does it say from a dev that the mode is 100% unplayable.

# 283 bkrich83 @ 08/26/15 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic

The term "broken" gets tossed around so much around here it makes me sick. Broken is what its meant to be, not able to be used at all. What the dev is saying is "Dont start this mode because you will need to start over because of a patch" No where does it say from a dev that the mode is 100% unplayable.
Agreed. He said not to start because essentially they can not retroactively fix draft classes. The end.

# 284 Skyboxer @ 08/26/15 09:02 PM
I'm playing CFM testing settings etc.. Once I get a set I'm doing a fantasy draft CFM. Once the bugs are gone.. I'll be more than ready to play real CFM.

# 285 Bull_Market @ 08/26/15 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You'll have to forgive us, but those of us who've been around here forever will tell you the term "broken" is the most overused and inaccurate term used in the forums here. At this point I generally ignore people who use the term and write them off as agenda posters, but some still bristle at the usage of it in situations like this.
Semantics. Dude knew exactly what he meant by "broken". Its not "broken" in the sense that it does not function, it just doesn't function properly. But, yes, I agree, "broken" gets tossed around far too freely.

# 286 Bull_Market @ 08/26/15 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic

Passive and judgemental? Ok. If you stopped playing the ultimate contrarian role in all this and picking and choosing when to take something so literal and when not to you'd see other perspectives outside of your own.

# 287 Pellakin @ 08/26/15 09:10 PM
The fact of the matter is that nothing talks like money.

I'm sure if we looked at sales numbers year-over-year, there'd be no statistically significant impact of negative reviews, poor user experience, complaints on OS forums, releasing buggy CFM's, etc.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of people who were going to buy Madden each year are going to buy it anyway, whether they put in 5,000 man-hours of bug testing...or 5 minutes (extremes used for effect).

So, given that, from the executive level, why would you invest thousands of dollars for long-term, dedicated bug testers, when you're going to end up with the same sales in the end? That extra money spent is just "wasted" as far as the bottom-line goes.

I'm not saying the above is RIGHT, but when the masses will buy the product regardless of how much time is put into QA, there's little incentive to look at anything but the closing share price.

And this isn't an indictment of the team hired to do the job - they are just pinched between a rock (some very demanding fans) and a hard place (execs who were hired to increase profits for shareholders).

# 288 kehlis @ 08/26/15 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Market
Semantics. Dude knew exactly what he meant by "broken". Its not "broken" in the sense that it does not function, it just doesn't function properly. But, yes, I agree, "broken" gets tossed around far too freely.
Why are semantics are okay when it's thrown around to suggest there are tons of people here who are okay with this bug but not now?

You seemed to be all about that guy using semantics to say there were tons of people in this thread who said they were okay with the bug.

# 289 sactown_13 @ 08/26/15 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
I'm sorry but 2k16 will be out by then and madden will be traded in so I'm just gonna deal with it.....pisses me off I traded the show in for this game Tuesday......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Whoa whoa whoa. You traded in the show?! First mistake haha. But in all honesty i feel ya on the nba part. Sounds like CFM will be ready just in time for my favorite game to drop.

# 290 Bull_Market @ 08/26/15 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Why are semantics are okay when it's thrown around to suggest there are tons of people here who are okay with this bug but not now?

You seemed to be all about that guy using semantics to say there were tons of people in this thread who said they were okay with the bug.
I believe I said "I don't think anyone is OK with it, rather some are more tolerant of it".

# 291 Formula1Racing @ 08/26/15 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
How much did they change MUT this year? And how much did they change CFM this year? MUT=0 Change, none whatsoever. While there was a list of things changed to CFM. Let me list it for you, combine results, new draft watchlist, ENTIRELY new scouting system, ability to give money to owners, reset confidence, drive goals. Here is what changed that the SIM community asked for. I'll bold them for you. 5 of the 7 things I listed there were things that the SIM community wanted that got added to CFM in this cycle.
Humm, Funny, I don't remember people here asking for those features you listed in M16. All I know that back in 2006...a long time ago everyone was asking for a better offline football sim with some decent presentation..Sorry but I have yet to see this in Madden football games.

But that's ok, you have to have your football fix no matter what and that's fine. Good for you! that you can enjoy it, I have no problem with that. Me, I'll vote with my wallet and won't even touch Madden until I see the real nextgen Footbal game.

peace

# 292 NDAlum @ 08/26/15 09:27 PM
Thread has run its course. When a patch date is known a thread will be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.