Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Last night, during Game Changers Radio, Kolbe Launchbaugh, Creative Director of Madden NFL 16, advised everyone to wait until the upcoming patch (no estimated date yet, but we have seen "less than six weeks" thrown around by the development team) arrives before starting their CFM.

He talks about it at roughly the 13 minute mark.
  • They are aware of everything the community is bringing to their attention
  • They are addressing many of those items in a patch coming soon (no estimated date given)
  • You should wait until the patch is released before starting your CFM, as some of the fixes will require client side and server side fixes
No details have been given on what fixes are being implemented as of yet, but for now, it would be wise not to start your Madden NFL 16 CFM yet.

As for what could be in the patch. This is all speculation but here are some of the known CFM issues:
  • Ratings boost from drive goals making some players go over 100 overall. There is no workaround right now, drive goals are always on even if you don't keep notifications going on your screen.
  • Regression being overly harsh on offensive linemen (seems to be more pass blocking than anything else) that causes their ratings to fall quite drastically. This appears to stem more from SuperSim or simulating games as linemen give up too many sacks and then regress.
  • Rookies coming in that are not scaled to the new speed/deep accuracy ratings Madden is using on default rosters. So many new rookies can come in after season one and be better than most everyone else in the game at certain things. (This one seems like it would obviously be a reason you have to start your franchise over because rookies are put in your Year 1 CFM from the start of the season.)
Other issues we are tracking but haven't confirmed on staff ourselves:
  • QBs getting too many carries during a game (in SuperSim but not regular sims).
  • Re-signing players to really crazy bargains (that is, superstars taking major discounts).

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Dogslax41 @ 08/26/15 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I haven't run in to any. Of course I just started mine.
Don't you run into the drive goal completion progression issue?

# 82 kehlis @ 08/26/15 01:11 PM
Wouldn't the in game drive goals driving up the ratings astronomically during a game effect everyone in franchise? That's what I thought this fix was for.

# 83 bcruise @ 08/26/15 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
Patches to fix certain issues, sure, but name me a game that has been released in the past year where a developer stated to not play one of the most heavily played modes in their game.
Kolbe is a rare breed. He's always been open with us like that going back to his history with The Show. A lot of developers aren't, that's why you don't hear things like that often.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

# 84 bkrich83 @ 08/26/15 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Don't you run into the drive goal completion progression issue?
There are specific criteria you have to meet to trigger and I haven't as of yet.

# 85 LowerWolf @ 08/26/15 01:14 PM
Didn't the PC version of Arkham Knight get pulled down because of bugs?

# 86 redsox4evur @ 08/26/15 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Didn't the PC version of Arkham Knight get pulled down because of bugs?
Yep it did.

# 87 Dogslax41 @ 08/26/15 01:15 PM
Quote:
Patches to fix certain issues, sure, but name me a game that has been released in the past year where a developer stated to not play one of the most heavily played modes in their game.
You don't because when it's that bad they usually don't talk about it until they fix it. There has been reference to 2k15. Does anyone remember when it launched and it was so unstable it was just flat out deleting players progress. This was across the entire game. Not just a game mode. I'm talking you could play for days and it would just wipe out all saves and progress. That is a fairly large bug and 2k stayed silent until they fixed it.

# 88 SolidSquid @ 08/26/15 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They do but that isnt a guarantee to catch a bug. There are plenty of people here who played CFM all last week and didnt realize their were any major issues with CFM.
There were also people who played the game for 45minites-2 hours and found the rookie speed/throw deep accuracy bug, the resigning bug, and said aggressive catch was op. If they get testers in that know what they are looking for this wouldn't be an issue.

# 89 BadAssHskr @ 08/26/15 01:16 PM
Quote:
So they can't apply the fixes to current online CFMs?! I thought that was the whole point of creating one online. It even states as much in the game.

I'm going to have to actually listen to what is said. This was my impression too. I can understand if there is something with generated players or draft classes, but hopefully this can all be remedied if you are yet to reach that point.

Not going to complain, i just wish they'd put into text exactly the issue, and exactly what the areas of concern are.

Like i said, i'll need to listen to what was said, but i started my cfm last night, so is it cool for me to carry on so long i don't complete a season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Thanks for the heads up, but I'll probably start my CFM anyway.

One, I don't have that much extra time on my hands so I don't think I'll make it through a full season before the patch comes out. That solves the draft problem.

Two, I make the players work very hard for even the slightest bit of yards, so I highly doubt that ANYONE (Player or CPU) will EVER complete any drive goals lmao!! That solves the problem with confidence shooting through the roof during games.

Are there any other bugs that I might not be aware of yet?

I'm going to likely continue with mine, only one preseason game deep, but i feel like i can appreciate it. I'll have to check about the drive goals, i know i hit a few last night. At least goals the were assigned to players for the duration of the game. Not sure if that is the same thing, or part of the problem?

# 90 Smallville102001 @ 08/26/15 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
From what I can tell from threads here and on Twitter these are some issues that they acknowledged:

Gameplay
- Tuning update for Aggressive catches being overpowered
- A fix for random Encroachment Penalties

CFM
- Ratings boost from drive goals with some players having ratings of 100+
- Regression not working properly (mainly from o-lineman)
- Rookies not adjusted to current roster (mainly inflated speed and deep accuracy)
- Re-signing contracts being off... someone on Twitter claimed that Dez Bryant signed a 5 year deal for 2 mil/year.
- Placing a player on IR no longer opens up a roster spot
- QB's getting 15+ carries a game while simming

Other
- Custom playbooks not working online

The Encroachment one is driving me nuts in 2 games I have seen that happened like 9 times and great I didn't know about the QB thing and the re-signing thing so we have even more problems then I thought.

# 91 feeq14 @ 08/26/15 01:18 PM
If they do a patch and still don't fix auto sub sliders im going to explode. They've done this before,and they went all last year and the year before without patching it... i have 0 hope.

# 92 bspring3 @ 08/26/15 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
If they do a patch and still don't fix auto sub sliders im going to explode. They've done this before,and they went all last year and the year before without patching it... i have 0 hope.
Is there an issue with auto-subs as well? They were working perfect for me in my CFM...I was shocked that they worked.

# 93 Bootzilla @ 08/26/15 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
There are specific criteria you have to meet to trigger and I haven't as of yet.
Do you know what the criteria are before hand so you can avoid hitting that threshold
? Are you negatively affected or penalized for not reaching said drive goals? Are the goals easy to attain? I for one will never go out of my way to try to meet some player specific goal to get some sort of bump. It's a really stupid thing to implement in a sports simulation. It needs to be able to be turned off or be in a different mode like MUT or DC, not CFM.

# 94 Smallville102001 @ 08/26/15 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Sorry man, as someone who works for a software company and deals with release cycles, there is noway they could redo the entire code in a year. The bugs we all come across are a direct result of the development cycle being so short. The only games that are comparable are other games that are released yearly, like nba2k,mlb the show,nhl and all of these games have had major bugs on release. Would you want all of those games to scratch their code and start over? Probably not, Madden, for better or worse is a victim of their own dev cycle.

That just sounds like an excuse to me because madden up in till 2k went away never had big issues like this and MLB the show has not once from like 08 on had a issues that was a killer to franchise mode and NBA 2k has had some but still not at the level that madden has. Madden has more bugs then like all the other sports games ever year. So that short cycle doesn't hurt the other games like it looks like it does for madden.

# 95 feeq14 @ 08/26/15 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspring3
Is there an issue with auto-subs as well? They were working perfect for me in my CFM...I was shocked that they worked.
The sliders don't work. Ive tried a bunch of tests and got nothing so far

# 96 bspring3 @ 08/26/15 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
The sliders don't work. Ive tried a bunch of tests and got nothing so far
I just had to bump up fatigue a couple notches and they worked. HB/WR rotated thru along with DL...Olineman didnt come out either which was always my issue in previous games.

# 97 redsox4evur @ 08/26/15 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Do you know what the criteria are before hand so you can avoid hitting that threshold
? Are you negatively affected or penalized for not reaching said drive goals? Are the goals easy to attain? I for one will never go out of my way to try to meet some player specific goal to get some sort of bump. It's a really stupid thing to implement in a sports simulation. It needs to be able to be turned off or be in a different mode like MUT or DC, not CFM.
It depends on the goal. They range from getting 1 in a certain stat such as a TD catch or to just keeping a team out of the red zone on defense. You can look at them when you bring up your play art, it's in the top right corner of your screen.

# 98 vidgames @ 08/26/15 01:30 PM
This is so people are forced to play mut...that is how ea works.

# 99 oldman @ 08/26/15 01:30 PM
I started a CFM last night and I am going to continue playing it. I will take my time and not make it through the first season so hopefully the draft issue isn't there. The reason why is simple: 4 weeks from Friday is NBA 2k's early release date.

If I wait 2-3 weeks for this game to be fixed then it will probably be shelved or in the used bin of my local gamestop by then.

# 100 Sphinx @ 08/26/15 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
That just sounds like an excuse to me because madden up in till 2k went away never had big issues like this and MLB the show has not once from like 08 on had a issues that was a killer to franchise mode and NBA 2k has had some but still not at the level that madden has. Madden has more bugs then like all the other sports games ever year. So that short cycle doesn't hurt the other games like it looks like it does for madden.
Of course it's an excuse man. But it's a valid excuse, all games have bugs. The severity of the bug to you is what determines if it's a game killing bug or something you can live with. The guys that only play MUT aren't looking at CFM and worrying about the issues we're having. It's all perspective when it comes to all of these games. The 2k series, baseball, hockey, whatever, they all have bugs that will either make you not want to play or decide they aren't something that impact your personal enjoyment of the game.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.