Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has added the '07-'08 Boston Celtics (previously revealed) and '12-'13 Miami Heat to the list of classic teams in NBA 2K16.

There will be 12 new classic teams added this year, 8 of them have now been confirmed.

Here is the list of confirmed classic teams so far:
  • '12-'13 Miami Heat
  • '03-'04 Detroit Pistons
  • '07-'08 Houston Rockets
  • '99-'00 Toronto Raptors
  • '07-08 Boston Celtics
  • '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers
  • '02-'03 Dallas Mavericks
  • '99-'00 Portland Trail Blazers
Two more teams will be revealed next Thursday.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 VDusen04 @ 08/27/15 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown_13
At what point do we stop calling them classic teams? two years ago isnt classic. I have no problem with them being in but the title needs to change. All-Time Teams. Idk, most of you are more creative than I.
I've never really gotten hung up on the title. Like 24th Letter said, whatever we want to call them is all good to me. Classics has always worked because it's still easily understood to mean "non-current" teams.

# 62 STLRams @ 08/27/15 04:00 PM
Nice to see the 08 Boston Celtics, but very disappointing to see the 13 Miami Heat. That team shouldn't be the new team, basically any user can re assemble that team on 2K16. Also that team is too recent in my opinion to call a classic team. Would have been much happier if it was the 97 or 98 Miami Heat team instead of a recent Heat team. Was hoping to see a new team from the 80's or 90's, oh well.

# 63 Real2KInsider @ 08/27/15 04:01 PM
It should be noted that these Classic teams aren't going anywhere.

2013 Heat are recent NOW but they will still be in the game 5-10 years from now. Let's not miss the point that these additions are more than just about 2K16.

They are a quality team to add to the stable, and being recent enough to have most of the players rather than half the team being generics is another important distinction.

Bitching about them getting added is like complaining about the Spurs getting added to Classic Teams as soon as Duncan retires. Just because they're recent (yet not current) doesn't mean they're not Historic.

# 64 TheBarcaBoy @ 08/27/15 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss
does anyone have a list of all the retro teams in the game new + old?
NBA 2K15 Classic Teams: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ster-list.html

Check OP for New/So Far Classic Teams in NBA 2K16!

# 65 cthurt @ 08/27/15 04:03 PM
Now I am getting a feeling we will see the OKC squad with Westbrook, Harden, and Durant on the team as one of the last few teams left.

# 66 VDusen04 @ 08/27/15 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss
does anyone have a list of all the retro teams in the game new + old?
Spoiler

# 67 ejohns1004 @ 08/27/15 04:11 PM
So what group of fans was aggressively lobbying for a team from 2 years ago to be added to the RETRO teams. Myself and 2kgames must have two very different definitions of the word retro. Is this the team that Ronny was talking about that was one of the best offensive teams in recent memory? Not the 04-05 Suns? Steve Nash's first MVP season, dominate Amare, Q-Rich dropping bombs from outside and iso-Joe doing iso-Joe things. That team sir, was an offensive powerhouse! Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with having the 2013 Heat as a retro team. If the game that's coming out next month is going to be called NBA 2K20. Could it be a form of confirmation bias to anoint a UBER-STACKED team that lost twice in the finals as one of the best teams ever? All I'm saying is that there have been many more teams that would be much more fun to play with from the last ten, fifteen or twenty years that they could have chosen.

# 68 Junior Moe @ 08/27/15 04:14 PM
The more I think about it, the more likely it seems like a Steve Nash Suns squad could make it in. The main players they would need like Nash, Stoudemire, Marion and Joe Johnson are/were in the game last year. I know Nash is retired and Marion did this offseason but it seems doable.

# 69 barond57 @ 08/27/15 04:26 PM
Lazy, no other way to put it. Lazy!

# 70 midwestking100 @ 08/27/15 04:34 PM
Seem like the only way we can get any 80s or 90s teams is by assemble them ourselves.

# 71 Mauer4MVP @ 08/27/15 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I can dig it. Would really like the '05-06 Heat also.

But whats up with 90's teams? Still noticeable ones missing. Seems like the announced classic teams so far are just ones where most of the players are already in the game.
The 05-06 one would have made sense. This one doesn't Bosh and LBJ are still in their primes.

It's a really really bad choice, but whatever I guess. I still have hope for my Wolves.

# 72 Mauer4MVP @ 08/27/15 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
Lazy, no other way to put it. Lazy!
I don't think it's lazy as they are one of the greatest teams ever. Just a bad choice.

# 73 Neto1978 @ 08/27/15 04:45 PM
GREAT 2k!

Now we are hopping for the Warriors 14-15

# 74 Wildcats302 @ 08/27/15 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I don't think it's lazy as they are one of the greatest teams ever. Just a bad choice.
I'm not sure they are one of the best teams of all time...maybe if you are talking top 10 all time I can buy it. Not top 5 though or one of the greatest teams ever. That team needed a Xmas miracle to win the title.

I do not have an issue with the choice. This team is far more classic in terms of actually accomplishing something over some of the other teams we have seen included (whether introduced this year or in the past) that really did nothing in the playoffs when it mattered.

# 75 ironjumpman_23 @ 08/27/15 04:53 PM
Not feeling this one, my opinion theres nothing classic about them. If anything I would have been good with the heat with prime d wade and Shaq combo instead forgive me guys if I don't remember the year.

# 76 Mauer4MVP @ 08/27/15 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
I'm not sure they are one of the best teams of all time...maybe if you are talking top 10 all time I can buy it. Not top 5 though or one of the greatest teams ever. That team needed a Xmas miracle to win the title.

I do not have an issue with the choice. This team is far more classic in terms of actually accomplishing something over some of the other teams we have seen included (whether introduced this year or in the past) that really did nothing in the playoffs when it mattered.
Yeah they are. The team has two top 40 players of all-time and another that's at least top 100 (not sure where to put Bosh).

# 77 barond57 @ 08/27/15 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP

Its lazy because they don't have to do anything. They don't have to make a new court, new jerseys, logo. Nothing! Just move guys around and fix their ages and ratings

# 78 LionsFanNJ @ 08/27/15 05:03 PM
Lame. A team from 2 years ago? OK I guess. I figured at least 5 years would be the cutoff. Guess not. And looks like I probably wont get a JKidd Nets team.

# 79 RayRay34 @ 08/27/15 05:10 PM
I'll just turn them into the 03-04 heat. I'll make all the needed CAPs and then I won't feel like it's a wasted slot.

# 80 LeBronistheKing @ 08/27/15 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironjumpman_23
Not feeling this one, my opinion theres nothing classic about them. If anything I would have been good with the heat with prime d wade and Shaq combo instead forgive me guys if I don't remember the year.
27 game win streak the 2nd longest in NBA history
Won the NBA championship for the second consecutive year
LeBron James won the regular season MVP and Finals MVP for the second consecutive year
Ray Allen hit one of the all time great shots in NBA history in game 6 of the Finals

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.