Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has added the '07-'08 Boston Celtics (previously revealed) and '12-'13 Miami Heat to the list of classic teams in NBA 2K16.

There will be 12 new classic teams added this year, 8 of them have now been confirmed.

Here is the list of confirmed classic teams so far:
  • '12-'13 Miami Heat
  • '03-'04 Detroit Pistons
  • '07-'08 Houston Rockets
  • '99-'00 Toronto Raptors
  • '07-08 Boston Celtics
  • '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers
  • '02-'03 Dallas Mavericks
  • '99-'00 Portland Trail Blazers
Two more teams will be revealed next Thursday.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 daveberg @ 08/28/15 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Hey, you're talking to a Spurs fan man....I will NEVER forgive that team....winning the chip the next year made it better but I have a certain disdain for that particular team even though I'm a fan of LeBron in general. I'm not thrilled about the entry but I do think it fits into this "best teams of the 2000's" theme they're going with...don't let the inclusion of one team ruin it for you. I won't let all these Lakers teams ruin it for me, lol
Lol, yeah, I totally agree with you dude. Just gonna have to man up and move past it.

First world video game problems right here, lol.

# 162 Mauer4MVP @ 08/28/15 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
You guys will enjoy the last four. They round things out rather nicely. Always room for more; I wish we could have added another 10!
Can you confirm that they've all been mentioned in this thread?

# 163 TheBarcaBoy @ 08/28/15 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Can you confirm that they've all been mentioned in this thread?

# 164 Mauer4MVP @ 08/28/15 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarcaBoy
I remember being so pumped watching Kilborn talk about the Wolves so much and interview the big three. Such a great time in my childhood.

# 165 Dlongz @ 08/28/15 10:03 AM
um....I really don't see why they are all of a sudden considered "classic". Come on 2k. Treat it like the Hall Of Fame Inductees. No team in this decade imo.

# 166 Cowboyfan_19 @ 08/28/15 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Hey, you're talking to a Spurs fan man....I will NEVER forgive that team....winning the chip the next year made it better but I have a certain disdain for that particular team even though I'm a fan of LeBron in general. I'm not thrilled about the entry but I do think it fits into this "best teams of the 2000's" theme they're going with...don't let the inclusion of one team ruin it for you. I won't let all these Lakers teams ruin it for me, lol
yea my mavs got screwed out of the 06 finals, but we got them back in '11. Miami likes pulling miracle championships on texas teams I guess, but our championships after the loss were both still kinda bitter sweet. I'd rather have won the way Miami won and get blown out in the rematch.

# 167 Da_Czar @ 08/28/15 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nox
the average kid buying this game is a heat/lebron fan, sure us OS guys don't like it but it's a smart choice to get more sales, my coussin will love this

OS has to be careful not to become exclusively the 35 and over message board. ROTFLOL!

It's a good team. I understand the argumetns against it but every new team is a welcome addition to me.

# 168 DutchMastah7 @ 08/28/15 10:37 AM
Quote:
You guys will enjoy the last four. They round things out rather nicely. Always room for more; I wish we could have added another 10!
Y'all said we'd enjoy yesterday's unknown team too... lol

I'm still mad about the Heat obviously

# 169 J_Posse @ 08/28/15 12:01 PM
I don't understand people trying to knock the inclusion of the '13 Miami Heat since they were an all-time great team - didn't they win 20+ games in a row (?) - with LeBron at his absolute peak (physical ability × mental approach × skillset) as an athlete. It'll be fun trying to beat that f***in' team that crush my spirit (and many other Spur fans) that fateful June.

That '08 Celtics team is also a no-brainer since it includes Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett all still in their prime plus Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Tony Allen, Glen Davis (with a new cyberface, please) and Sam Cassell (Wizards Assistant/'94 Houston Rockets) on the disk. They also, like the '04 Pistons, were considered one of the greatest defensive teams ever.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 170 Real2KInsider @ 08/28/15 12:08 PM
12(!) teams getting added due to likeness rights of existing players (i.e. additional content which cost company no additional money)
Let's complain about 1 of them because we hate free additional content
^OS Logic

# 171 STLRams @ 08/28/15 12:10 PM
Quote:
Well I for one am hoping these new classic teams and old ones actually look updated. Where as Jordan actually looks like Jordan this time like he did in 2K11/2K12.

# 172 VDusen04 @ 08/28/15 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
12(!) teams getting added due to likeness rights of existing players (i.e. additional content which cost company no additional money)
Let's complain about 1 of them because we hate free additional content
^OS Logic
I've been really excited to see which teams were going to fill the limited number of new slots. Hearing one day's reveal is a team that's barely two years old is a little bit of a bummer. It's not something that warrants a meltdown, but I understand folks who aren't fans of their inclusion. I don't think we have to love every single addition by default.

I'm pretty much set with the knowledge that my 2004 Pistons are going to be included. To a degree, it's all a bonus from here. Even then, I'm still pulling for some other sweet surprises and selections. It's just, the 2013 Heat weren't one of them, particularly since we have virtually all the resources needed already to make that team on our own with limited effort (same uniforms, same court, many players with close-to-same ratings already in, etc.)

Some people don't consider anything later than 1990 to be worthy of the throwback treatment. More people have objected to post-2000's teams earning replication. Apparently my limit is 2013, ha.

# 173 cthurt @ 08/28/15 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I don't understand people trying to knock the inclusion of the '13 Miami Heat since they were an all-time great team - didn't they win 20+ games in a row (?) - with LeBron at his absolute peak (physical ability × mental approach × skillset) as an athlete. It'll be fun trying to beat that f***in' team that crush my spirit (and many other Spur fans) that fateful June.

That '08 Celtics team is also a no-brainer since it includes Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett all still in their prime plus Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Tony Allen, Glen Davis (with a new cyberface, please) and Sam Cassell (Wizards Assistant/'94 Houston Rockets) on the disk. They also, like the '04 Pistons, were considered one of the greatest defensive teams ever.

I don't think anyone is doubting their greatness though, its just we haven't had enough time to really miss the team with only one year removed from pretty much playing with this same Heat team, we just want a team that we haven't played with in a while.

Myself I wanted more teams from the mid to late 90s, would have been nice to play with those teams on the new consoles compared to playing with them on the Super Nintendo or Genesis like we had to do back then.

# 174 hokupguy @ 08/28/15 12:34 PM
when you think of the word classic / retro or throwback you don't think of anything less then 10 yrs old or at lest 1 generation before the current at least. I think the Celtics teams should had been the cut off for teams age wise.

But this does feel like 3 things either 1. saving money for lic issues 2 try to slowly get away from the "classic teams " as we know it 3. cater to a young market that anying more then 2 yrs old is retro or a "TBT" type of thing.

These ideas should be taken seriously when teams like the 02 kings where removed. Nut with a very possible lockout coming in the near future they should really uping there classic team game.

# 175 J_Posse @ 08/28/15 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I don't think anyone is doubting their greatness though, its just we haven't had enough time to really miss the team with only one year removed from pretty much playing with this same Heat team, we just want a team that we haven't played with in a while.

Myself I wanted more teams from the mid to late 90s, would have been nice to play with those teams on the new consoles compared to playing with them on the Super Nintendo or Genesis like we had to do back then.
I understand people want older teams from the past, but people need to remember that 2K/VC are restricted by who they can add do to licensing issues. A more recent team will always be easier to add especially if it includes a lot of players that are apart of the current players association.

# 176 VDusen04 @ 08/28/15 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I understand people want older teams from the past, but people need to remember that 2K/VC are restricted by who they can add do to licensing issues. A more recent team will always be easier to add especially if it includes a lot of players that are apart of the current players association.

That's a good point. We put together a pretty extensive list of clubs that could be created using players already in the game at some point last year. There's surprisingly a solid amount of wiggle room and availability: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...eady-game.html

That said, with so many great pre-2000's teams included, I'm pretty pumped to see all these newer teams (aside from the 2013 Heat). Even not including them, 11 new 2000's squads is awesome.

# 177 Mintsa @ 08/28/15 12:49 PM
Out of the 4 teams left. I want 06 suns and 2000 pacers.

Obviously all of these classic teams are from the 2000's.

# 178 BaseballJunkie @ 08/28/15 12:54 PM
The Suns & Nets have to be in, and I'd like to see the '09 Magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 179 derrtyRedd @ 08/28/15 01:02 PM
I'm just super excited to have Shane Battier back, I'm gonna definitely add him to the free agent pool and may add him to the cavs

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 180 midwestking100 @ 08/28/15 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt

I agree because i really wanted to play with teams from the early to late 90s such as the 92 jazz, 93 nets, 94 bulls,supersonics,knicks and spurs 97 pistons and heat,etc. It wouldve been awesome to play with those teams in hi definition on the ps4 or xbox1. But im thankful for these new teams though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.