Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The point of Madden NFL 16 this year, plain and simple, is to "be the playmaker."

It's been obvious ever since Odell Beckham Jr., was named the cover athlete many months ago. Receivers were about to get their time to shine in Madden, even if it meant certain receivers coming down with never-before-seen catches and them appearing to look overpowered in the game.

Read More - Madden NFL 16: Offensive Gameplay Breakdown

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The_Gaming_Disciple @ 08/28/15 12:34 PM
I definitely agree that momentum is a major factor this year with regards to point scoring. I have turned the ball over in crucial situations and drives, and have noticed how momentum can swing both ways.

I also noticed that the aggressive catch is not always guaranteed which is a good thing. For example, playing with Carolina, I had one on one situations with Benjamin against smaller defensive backs, and despite Benjamin's height advantage he dropped catches when the aggressive catch was pressed.

Another thing I noticed, I am not sure how it is determined, but with some halfbacks when running into their offensive lineman they will get stuck and eventually tackled behind the line for a loss. However, when playing with Carolina and manually controlling their halfback, whenever he ran into his offensive lineman, WITHOUT me utilizing the spin button he would automatically try to spin, or effectively spin once making contact with the guard or tackle. I'm wondering if player awareness controls this.

Another thing I noticed is that I had a one on one matchup with Benjamin against a smaller defensive back, and the linebacker recognized this matchup and yelled back to the strong safety to provide help over the top. I was surprised to see this, but it was definitely nice to see, and added that touch of realism to the game.

There are still situations where players seemed to glide in order to get into position, namely with tackling, and wide receiver, and defensive back battles. This needs to be addressed big time.

# 2 Hushroom @ 08/29/15 03:57 AM
Nice article Danny

# 3 Hushroom @ 08/29/15 04:06 AM
Nice article Danny

# 4 FedExPope @ 09/03/15 09:21 PM
I know for a fact that Luck has had even worse games than that IRL in his first 3 years in the league. So bear that in mind before we say they have screwed up QB AI.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.