Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA players continue posting their NBA 2K16 player ratings, along with in-game screenshots of themselves in action. Below are the players that have either posted on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram today.

(Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot.)Previously confirmed player ratings: (Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot)

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 DaKoKing @ 08/29/15 10:24 AM
The fact LeBron James had an overall decline while Kobe Bryant remains an 85 cements for me the fact I will not be buying this game until a month after release. There is no way for anyone to rationalize it without just boiling their statement down to "I'm a Kobe Bryant fan and I want Kobe to remain one of the best in the league."

I'm going to hold off until I see a roster come out that makes sense.

# 102 JazzMan @ 08/29/15 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKoKing
The fact LeBron James had an overall decline while Kobe Bryant remains an 85 cements for me the fact I will not be buying this game until a month after release. There is no way for anyone to rationalize it without just boiling their statement down to "I'm a Kobe Bryant fan and I want Kobe to remain one of the best in the league."

I'm going to hold off until I see a roster come out that makes sense.
Or you could just edit the ratings yourself.

# 103 Vni @ 08/29/15 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Nah, game breaker right here.

# 104 24ct @ 08/29/15 11:23 AM
Yeah like if LeBron is a 94 & peak Jordan is 99 then what is a prime Lakers Kobe rating? What will Heat LeBron be rated?

What about Larry Bird? Offensively good. Great shooter. Good team defender but not so good 1 on 1. What is Magic's rating? Great all around PG. Scoring threat but would rather pass. What's Scottie Pippen if LeBron is a 94 & Kobe old is an 85?

I'm curious. Is 2k saying LeBron's production dropped? Then what is Kevin Love's rating? Kobe definitely isn't an 85 in today's NBA. If he's an 85 what is Paul Pierce? He actually finished a season & made Washington a playoff contender. Would have been in the EC finals if Wall doesn't break his hand. If he's lower than Kobe I gotta say there's some in house love for him. What is Westbrook & Harden if Kobe is an 85? Strong 90 at least but KD is a 91...Westbrook's season stats were better than Harden's, Durant (best healthy season) & Curry's last year lol...

If they're going by HOF/advanced stats LeBrons FG% is one of the highest inside the paint for a guy who basically is a point guard in a forwards body. How did he drop that much in rating vs Kobe who didn't move at all.

Numerical ratings don't matter that much to me but there seems to be no consistency. So I'm questioning where these numbers come from?

# 105 Real2KInsider @ 08/29/15 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
I already love the new Overall Ratings scheme!!!
LMFAO

87 John Wall (NO CHANGE)
85 Kobe Bryant (NO CHANGE)
75 Aaron Brooks (NO CHANGE)
73 Terrence Ross (-1)
72 Langston Galloway (NO CHANGE)

2K gotcha hook line and sinker

# 106 Real2KInsider @ 08/29/15 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
I think we need to relax on the OVR... Remember Kobe didn't even play the whole season (not even up to half). You can't give him an OVR rating completely based on his last season when he wasn't even close to completing it.
He played 1200 minutes which is a plenty large sample (more than Hassan Whiteside, for example). It's 300 less than Derrick Rose, unless of course you're advocating we ignore Rose's ****ty performance as well.

Quote:
Also remember, Kobe in game won't be dealing with injuries like he was in real life last season.
LOL, yes he will be, he is 37.

Quote:
I think you guys are also forgetting... Rose started 2K15 with an 88 overall after averaging 15 and 4 on 35% shooting the season before. Obviously those numbers don't warrant that high of a rating but what he did the previous season as well as what he can do while healthy goes into the rating at the start of the season.
Rose played 300 minutes (10 games) the season before, the key difference (Kobe was likewise hot garbage in his 6 game 2014 season and didn't have his rating touched). There is basically no difference between Rose/Kobe's situations over the last two years.

Kobe continues to get high ratings because there are casual clowns out there (that 2K doesn't want to piss off) who seriously think he is still on par with the likes of Jimmy Butler and Klay Thompson when the reality is he is a rich man's Evan Turner at this point.

# 107 Real2KInsider @ 08/29/15 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdionne17
I put together a quick list of the revealed players ratings in order along with their rating change from the last official 2K15 roster in brackets. Note that there's no way for us to tell if rating downgrades/upgrades have happened due to position changes. Here you go:

1. LeBron James 94 (-2)
2. Kevin Durant 91 (-3)
3. John Wall 87 (0)
4. Kobe Bryant 85 (0)
5. Andre Drummond 83 (-2)
6. Isaiah Thomas 81 (0)
Hassan Whiteside 81 (0)
8. Rudy Gobert 79 (-2)
9. Jared Sullinger 77 (-3)
10. Aaron Brooks 75 (0)
Tony Wroten 75 (-1)
12. Isiaiah Canaan 73 (+1)
C.J. Miles 73 (0)
Terrence Ross 73 (-1)
15. Evan Fournier 72 (0)
Langston Galloway 72 (0)
Shelvin Mack 72 (+2)
C.J. McCollum 72 (+2)
19. Kyle Anderson 71 (+1)
20. Spencer Dinwiddie 70 (+3)
Shane Larkin 70 (-1)
22. Quincy Acy 69 (-3)
Pierre Jackson 69 (-)
Perry Jones 69 (-3)
The real story:
PGs: +4 (+0.4 average)
SGs: +3 (+0.6 average)
SFs: -4 (-0.8 average)
PFs: -13 (-2.6 average)
Cs: -8 (-1.6 average)

2K's OVR formula for each position is still trash, to put it mildly. They can revamp the "rating scale" all they want, it doesn't change the fundamental flaw of the 2K rosters. PGs have been wildly overrated compared to stretch fours and non-post bigs for ONLY the last 15 years and yet the gap is somehow getting WIDER.

# 108 Vni @ 08/29/15 12:46 PM
Lol rashidi going off.

# 109 Chemthethriller @ 08/29/15 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
I think when people complain about ratings it's more about the online aspect of the game, or the overall state of the game... Think about it, if 2k said "We love 3pt shooting, everyone got a 99 in 3pt shooting" sure we could edit it, but the point still stands that they messed up, and also online would be stupid to play.

# 110 scottyp180 @ 08/29/15 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
kobe shouldnt have the same ratings he would have had 7 years ago is the issue. His on ball defense, 3pt shooting, speed , durability and quickness should have all taken a hit
Always love seeing how people react to the ovr. Things like Kobe should be around 82 instead of 85. We don't even have his full ratings to know where he is overrated. 2k, much like us, have no idea how Kobe will perform this season and it seems like they are given him a bit of the benefit of the doubt.

Last year they were very consistent on roster updates and weren't afraid to increase or decrease a player's attributes where they saw fit. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kobe, or anyone elses, ovr adjusted within the first couple weeks of the season. If you can't wait that long you can always adjust the ratings yourself.

# 111 Sundown @ 08/29/15 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
No one here, internally and externally, is a bigger Kobe fan than I am... but I agree with 85 - coming off an injury last year & based on how the ratings have been constructed for NBA 2K16. Also not that worried because the Black Mamba will rise that # up this season.
This doesn't make much sense. Injuries should depress ratings until the player gets in game shape, not give "benefit of the doubt" rating bonuses. We all knew Rose wasn't an 88 last season and he never came close to it. And Kobe isn't an 85 and hasn't played like one for any stretch in two seasons.

He's an 80-81 based on an objective analysis of his actual performance last year. And that's kind of being generous. There are very few players that one could conscionably give an 80 rating to with his statistical performance. If you gave every one of his shots to Jeremy Lin or Nick Young, they could likely have equaled his scoring production and efficiency. I mean 37%. Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
In those final games he shot 37.7% from 3, 39.1% from 2 (in 6 of the 8 games he shot above 40%), averaged 14.6ppg, 7.6rpg, 8.1apg, and posted a TS% of 49.1% (season average was 47.7%).
49% TS is ABYSMAL (and only on low volume 14.6 ppg). That is several points below league average. Everyone's favorite high volume chucker in Westbrook still shoots 52% (which is around league average). 49% TS means terrible shot taking and/or that some of those shots should be distributed to pretty much any other NBA servicable average-efficiency player.

To get an idea of how TERRIBLE 49% TS is, which is during Kobe's "good games", let's look at GSW's roster. To find someone who shoots around 49.1% TS, I have to go all the way down to Justin Holliday, the Warriors' 13th man, who still beats Kobe with a 49.8%.

Now if we look a little further, there is Brandon Rush at .204. But his career is likely over. That's it. There is no one else that shoots as poorly as Kobe on that roster.

That doesn't scream 85 to me.

# 112 JODYE @ 08/29/15 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Yeah like if LeBron is a 94 & peak Jordan is 99 then what is a prime Lakers Kobe rating? What will Heat LeBron be rated?

What about Larry Bird? Offensively good. Great shooter. Good team defender but not so good 1 on 1. What is Magic's rating? Great all around PG. Scoring threat but would rather pass. What's Scottie Pippen if LeBron is a 94 & Kobe old is an 85?

I'm curious. Is 2k saying LeBron's production dropped? Then what is Kevin Love's rating? Kobe definitely isn't an 85 in today's NBA. If he's an 85 what is Paul Pierce? He actually finished a season & made Washington a playoff contender. Would have been in the EC finals if Wall doesn't break his hand. If he's lower than Kobe I gotta say there's some in house love for him. What is Westbrook & Harden if Kobe is an 85? Strong 90 at least but KD is a 91...Westbrook's season stats were better than Harden's, Durant (best healthy season) & Curry's last year lol...

If they're going by HOF/advanced stats LeBrons FG% is one of the highest inside the paint for a guy who basically is a point guard in a forwards body. How did he drop that much in rating vs Kobe who didn't move at all.

Numerical ratings don't matter that much to me but there seems to be no consistency. So I'm questioning where these numbers come from?
You didn't watch Larry Bird.

# 113 Sundown @ 08/29/15 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
LeBron dropped off somewhat with his extremely high shooting efficiencies.. But man after the finals I can't imagine a 94 being fair.

Curious to what TT's rebounding ratings are. LeBron out-rebounded him (and everyone else in the finals) even with Thompson being much closer to the basket more often that Bron, but I'm sure his rebounding ratings are slightly too low again like they always are.

Interesting what his guard capabilities are as well. Averaged more assists than anyone in the finals as well with his top 2 scorers OUT, and JR shooting about as well as Shaq does. Also less turnovers than Curry despite his ridiculous usage rate and playing against the top defense in the league.

I'm just not sure man. He was putting up stats like guys from the damn 60's in today's league, and against the best defense in the league, and drops to a 94 because his shooting percentages was a littler lower? So are we going to lower MJ for the year he played Seattle and his shooting/turnovers were ridiculous?
Lebron's shooting percentages weren't just "a little lower". They were just straight up bad. 40% is terrible efficiency. And him being contained by Iguodala was what netted him the Finals MVP. After his playoff performance, I can't NOT give him a 94-95 or lower. It's still very, very good and a dominant rating on an all-time scale. But it was clearly not peak Lebron (who is probably a 96-98 on a GOAT scale).

# 114 Vni @ 08/29/15 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Always love seeing how people react to the ovr. Things like Kobe should be around 82 instead of 85. We don't even have his full ratings to know where he is overrated. 2k, much like us, have no idea how Kobe will perform this season and it seems like they are given him a bit of the benefit of the doubt.

Last year they were very consistent on roster updates and weren't afraid to increase or decrease a player's attributes where they saw fit. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kobe, or anyone elses, ovr adjusted within the first couple weeks of the season. If you can't wait that long you can always adjust the ratings yourself.

Way too much common sense for an overall rating thread man.

# 115 jfsolo @ 08/29/15 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JODYE
You didn't watch Larry Bird.
He means on the defensive end, which is totally correct. Offensively of course he was lethal one on one.

# 116 stillfeelme @ 08/29/15 01:41 PM
They straight gave Kobe a 2-3 year pass. He had one of the worst shot selections I can recall last season.

The only rating I can see Kobe still being rated high was in his turnaround fades. He should have bad on ball defense and any other athletic ratings. Then you add on his injury ratings man lol.

When you are 37 there is a huge difference than being 34 ask any athlete. I mean he is coming back from an injury that is known to completely change your game if not end it on the wrong side of the end of his career. He was noticeable slower last season than 2 seasons ago and also limited offensively. Some ratings should not be given a 2 year pass though

I want the bad shot selection Kobe with the 37% jump shooter and defensively limited

# 117 Sundown @ 08/29/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
They straight gave Kobe a 2-3 year pass. He had one of the worst shot selections I can recall last season.

The only rating I can see Kobe still being rated high was in his turnaround fades. He should have bad on ball defense and any other athletic ratings. Then you add on his injury ratings man lol.

When you are 37 there is a huge difference than being 34 ask any athlete. I mean he is coming back from an injury that is known to completely change your game if not end it on the wrong side of the end of his career. He was noticeable slower last season than 2 seasons ago and also limited offensively. Some ratings should not be given a 2 year pass though

I want the bad shot selection Kobe with the 37% jump shooter and defensively limited
I'm not even sure he should still be rated high on fades-- if anything, the efficiency of those is what I saw drop drastically.

Basically Kobe's "good" games last season has him producing at Tony Wroten Levels. Wroten did not get an 85 for his efforts.

# 118 magicman32 @ 08/29/15 01:56 PM
Kobe was absolutely terrible last season chucking to pass Michael Jordan in scoring. It was bad. And his defense was terrible.

I know his averages last season looked decent as far as PPG, APG, RPG. But if you watched the games, he shot the Lakers out of several potential wins. HE WAS TERRIBLE!!!!

Over the last 3 years, his last 3 injuries has been NON-CONTACT injuries that have kept him out the rest of the season. Hopefully he can bounce back, but he needs to take a step back and let the young talent develop. FOR REAL!!!!

# 119 eltyboogie @ 08/29/15 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Lebron's shooting percentages weren't just "a little lower". They were just straight up bad. 40% is terrible efficiency. And him being contained by Iguodala was what netted him the Finals MVP. After his playoff performance, I can't NOT give him a 94-95 or lower. It's still very, very good and a dominant rating on an all-time scale. But it was clearly not peak Lebron (who is probably a 96-98 on a GOAT scale).
Its not hard for Iggy to "contain" LeBron when LeBronis literally the only offensive option on the floor for the Cavs lol. The Warriors pretty much ignored every player on the court not named LeBron. Going out and getting 40 when everybody in the gym knows you're getting the ball is amazing regardless of shooting percentages.
I mean if youre gonna use that logic then prime AI and 05-07 Kobe shouldn't be higher than Bron

# 120 Blackhail92 @ 08/29/15 02:06 PM
This is just my opinion but, wasn't Kobe a 85 on the last 2k15 update anyway. We all knew why with stats many have said already including his 5.7 assist he had 3.7 Tos for that. He is still unstoppable if used off the block anyway with turnaround fades and a nice lay up rating so his rating shouldn't matter much really.

Side note: would like to see the next tier of sf ratings since Bron and KD both got rating hits. Like to see the individual ratings and if the ratings are still highly affected by defense so the kawaii and PG13s might benefit

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.