Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA players continue posting their NBA 2K16 player ratings, along with in-game screenshots of themselves in action. Below are the players that have either posted on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram today.

(Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot.)Previously confirmed player ratings: (Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot)

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 stillfeelme @ 08/29/15 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I'm not even sure he should still be rated high on fades-- if anything, the efficiency of those is what I saw drop drastically.
Trust me man that was the only thing he was good at last year. He should still have a good fadeaway

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/977/s...gular%20Season

He shot so many bad shots last year though I want that reflected in tendencies

# 122 Sundown @ 08/29/15 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie
Its not hard for Iggy to "contain" LeBron when LeBronis literally the only offensive option on the floor for the Cavs lol. The Warriors pretty much ignored every player on the court not named LeBron. Going out and getting 40 when everybody in the gym knows you're getting the ball is amazing regardless of shooting percentages.
I mean if youre gonna use that logic then prime AI and 05-07 Kobe shouldn't be higher than Bron
Lebron shot like that for all of Playoffs.

That said, Lebron's feat was impressive because of his offensive load. But shooting inefficiently in high volume isn't something that's actually evidence for a higher rating.

Plus Lebron wasn't very notworthy on defense. I watched the whole series and can't spot his defensive impact. I was sort of suprised about it in retrospect. 94 is fine on an all-time scale.

And I don't disagree that prime AI and Kobe shouldn't be any higher than a 94-95 on an All-Time GOAT scale. That leaves a 4-5 point spread for the many greats that are better than both those players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Trust me man that was the only thing he was good at last year. He should still have a good fadeaway

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/977/s...gular%20Season

He shot so many bad shots last year though I want that reflected in tendencies
Heh, I saw a Denver game where he did nothing but shoot the Lakers out of the game with a double digit lead with turnaround fade after fade. I guess that was the exception?

# 123 stillfeelme @ 08/29/15 02:27 PM
Quote:
Lebron shot like that for all of Playoffs.

That said, Lebron's feat was impressive because of his offensive load. But shooting inefficiently in high volume isn't something that's actually evidence for a higher rating.

Plus Lebron wasn't very notworthy on defense. I watched the whole series and can't spot his defensive impact. I was sort of suprised about it in retrospect. 94 is fine on an all-time scale.

And I don't disagree that prime AI and Kobe shouldn't be any higher than a 94-95 on an All-Time GOAT scale. That leaves a 4-5 point spread for the many greats that are better than both those players.

Heh, I saw a Denver game where he did nothing but shoot the Lakers out of the game with a double digit lead with turnaround fade after fade. I guess that was the exception?
Yeah I wouldn't doubt that the Lakers by most measureable stats show that they were better offensively and defensively with him off the court than being on the court.

# 124 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/29/15 02:27 PM
Bron was practically shooting poorly the entire playoffs

# 125 24ct @ 08/29/15 02:33 PM
Bruh. They're not making ratings from his playoff performance. It's my impression it's based off the whole year/body of work total. If they're only using finals performance for ratings then by your standards Iggy should be an 88 at the very least lol.

If they used his playoff stats for ratings. LeBron would lead the league in rebounds lol. Or at least be top 3/5. This isn't a bash LeBron thread. I mean I get ppl still don't like dude for what he accomplished/hasn't or whatever but to say a 94 is a good rating based on his Finals performance makes 0 sense to me and seems as if you're just using that because you're not a fan of his game in general.

LeBron last year was still more effective and efficient than a lot of players younger. As far as all time greats he was still one of the greatest players ever in a "down" season where he was still top 5 in scoring and top 15 in assists lol.

Like I said I don't put much into overalls but if it's any indication of the rest of the ratings how does Durant get a 91? I'm just curious to see what AD, Curry, Westbrook and Harden are.

Obviously the PGs are weighted because ball handle speed and passing for them ups there ratings significantly but this will be interesting to see.

# 126 WaddupCouzin @ 08/29/15 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
They straight gave Kobe a 2-3 year pass. He had one of the worst shot selections I can recall last season.

The only rating I can see Kobe still being rated high was in his turnaround fades. He should have bad on ball defense and any other athletic ratings. Then you add on his injury ratings man lol.

When you are 37 there is a huge difference than being 34 ask any athlete. I mean he is coming back from an injury that is known to completely change your game if not end it on the wrong side of the end of his career. He was noticeable slower last season than 2 seasons ago and also limited offensively. Some ratings should not be given a 2 year pass though

I want the bad shot selection Kobe with the 37% jump shooter and defensively limited
Well, When it comes to "shot selection" I don't think anyone has worse shot selection then KD and Westbrook, they just make the shots, but from a shot selection stand point they're no bueno.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 127 24ct @ 08/29/15 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JODYE
You didn't watch Larry Bird.
Did you even read the post? I said he was great offensively. After that it says he was a good team defender but not so good 1 on 1.

If by any stretch of the imagination you think he's a good 1 on 1 defender then you probably didn't watch too much Bird either lol.

# 128 swac07 @ 08/29/15 02:44 PM
Lmao yall really going in on ratings u can "re-edit" yourselves....all I gotta say is be glad that option IS there

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 129 24ct @ 08/29/15 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
Well, When it comes to "shot selection" I don't think anyone has worse shot selection then KD and Westbrook, they just make the shots, but from a shot selection stand point they're no bueno.

Difference between shot selection and FG%. Kobe has always taken terrible shots IMO. He just used to make them and he usually shot around 43/44% which is acceptable but not godly. 2k doesn't have a shot selection rating but if they did I'm sure kd & russ would be right up there with Kobe.

Considering Durant & Westbrook, I agree but the thing is Kobe shot a terrible percentage because he took terrible shots on a terrible team. Westbrook & KD actually shoot a decent percentage given their shot selections and team bailout shots. Game winners, end of quarters/shot clock cheese lol.

Not to mention KD & Russie are still super young. Like 10 years younger than Kobe so athleticism will take them a long way as far as ratings and performance.

# 130 24ct @ 08/29/15 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
Lmao yall really going in on ratings u can "re-edit" yourselves....all I gotta say is be glad that option IS there

You can't edit ratings & play online team up & quick games. That's really why most ppl are going in. Look what happened last year when guys had 90+ 3 pt ratings etc etc. Even a strong 75/85 3 would net 3s consistently. It messes up the mechanics of the game when the players ratings are all jaked.

# 131 swac07 @ 08/29/15 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
You can't edit ratings & play online team up & quick games. That's really why most ppl are going in. Look what happened last year when guys had 90+ 3 pt ratings etc etc. Even a strong 75/85 3 would net 3s consistently. It messes up the mechanics of the game when the players ratings are all jaked.
Realtalk ratings and playing online is a just a headache with any sports title..guess thats why i barely invest in it.seems to be moreso "user based" and less "player ratings based" when it should be a combo of both..feel ya pain though.

# 132 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/29/15 03:23 PM
Quote:

Ehhhhh I can't agree with the KD one cuz he knows his spots on the floor . It looks bad to us but it's not to him , he's that great of s scorer . Russ does chuck but it's still crazy efficient for the volume of shots he takes .

# 133 WaddupCouzin @ 08/29/15 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Ehhhhh I can't agree with the KD one cuz he knows his spots on the floor . It looks bad to us but it's not to him , he's that great of s scorer . Russ does chuck but it's still crazy efficient for the volume of shots he takes .
When they're not hitting, you realize how bad their shot selection is, but that's what makes them the superstars they are,they don't have many nights when they're not hitting.

# 134 Sundown @ 08/29/15 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Bruh. They're not making ratings from his playoff performance. It's my impression it's based off the whole year/body of work total. If they're only using finals performance for ratings then by your standards Iggy should be an 88 at the very least lol.

If they used his playoff stats for ratings. LeBron would lead the league in rebounds lol. Or at least be top 3/5. This isn't a bash LeBron thread. I mean I get ppl still don't like dude for what he accomplished/hasn't or whatever but to say a 94 is a good rating based on his Finals performance makes 0 sense to me and seems as if you're just using that because you're not a fan of his game in general.

LeBron last year was still more effective and efficient than a lot of players younger. As far as all time greats he was still one of the greatest players ever in a "down" season where he was still top 5 in scoring and top 15 in assists lol.

Like I said I don't put much into overalls but if it's any indication of the rest of the ratings how does Durant get a 91? I'm just curious to see what AD, Curry, Westbrook and Harden are.

Obviously the PGs are weighted because ball handle speed and passing for them ups there ratings significantly but this will be interesting to see.

I still think 94 is fine for his seasonal performance. Again, this is supposed to be an all-time great scale, and 94 is perfectly good for not-pure-peak Lebron whose athleticism has dropped off a bit as well as his shooting and defense. 91 for injured/limited games Durant is also fine on that scale. I'd have Curry with a 91 to 93 on that scale and Harden a 87-90. AD would fall 91-93 and Westbrook 87-89.

If the ratings this year are really supposed to be scaled against all time greats, let's make it actually count instead of giving everyone the usual 95-98's like every season.

What's not fine is the inflated ratings for run of the mill stars. Wall's a bit too high for me though it's not far off. And what's not fine is Kobe only two points lower than John Wall, which effectively makes his rating even HIGHER than last year's which wasn't scaled against greats. That's just ridiculous. The more I think about it the more it's completely unjustifiable.

"He was injured for seasons and actually sucked a little less before he was injured again so let's just pretend he's still great" is not a valid rating methodology.

Vegas doesn't work this way. NBA front offices don't work this way. Sports journalism and analysis doesn't work this way. I don't see why 2K should work this way.

# 135 lakers24 @ 08/29/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
49% TS is ABYSMAL (and only on low volume 14.6 ppg). That is several points below league average. Everyone's favorite high volume chucker in Westbrook still shoots 52% (which is around league average). 49% TS means terrible shot taking and/or that some of those shots should be distributed to pretty much any other NBA servicable average-efficiency player.

To get an idea of how TERRIBLE 49% TS is, which is during Kobe's "good games", let's look at GSW's roster. To find someone who shoots around 49.1% TS, I have to go all the way down to Justin Holliday, the Warriors' 13th man, who still beats Kobe with a 49.8%.
I knew someone was going to cherry pick that part of my comment without including the rest of what I stated. His overall encompasses everything he's able to do as a basketball player correct? If that's the case, Kobe is still one of the most highly skilled and cerebral players even at his old age which is proven by his FTA per and his increase in overall floor game in those games I pointed out (granted before that he was garbage most of the time).
Also, the TS% percentage I pointed out was to prove that he actually was improving slowly during that period after Byron stopped running him ragged and he dropped his usage %. I pointed out right before the TS% statement that 2 games out of the 8 he shot below 40% which drastically affected his shooting averages during that 8 games (that happens with smaller samples). He had 2 stinkers coming off rest against Miami and the Clippers, if you take out those 2 his TS% jumps up to 57.7% and his eFG% to 54.6.

As a sidenote, here's his other percentages (from all 8 games): TRB%14, AST% 44.94, USG% 28.42.

# 136 redsox4evur @ 08/29/15 03:49 PM
Quote:
I still think 94 is fine for his seasonal performance. Again, this is supposed to be an all-time great scale, and 94 is perfectly good for not-pure-peak Lebron whose athleticism has dropped off a bit as well as his shooting and defense. 91 for injured/limited games Durant is also fine on that scale. I'd have Curry with a 91 to 93 on that scale and Harden a 87-90. AD would fall 91-93 and Westbrook 87-89.

If the ratings this year are really supposed to be scaled against all time greats, let's make it actually count instead of giving everyone the usual 95-98's like every season.

What's not fine is the inflated ratings for run of the mill stars. Wall's a bit too high for me though it's not far off. And what's not fine is Kobe only two points lower than John Wall, which effectively makes his rating even HIGHER than last year's which wasn't scaled against greats. That's just ridiculous. The more I think about it the more it's completely unjustifiable.

"He was injured for seasons and actually sucked a little less before he was injured again so let's just pretend he's still great" is not a valid rating methodology.

Vegas doesn't work this way. NBA front offices don't work this way. Sports journalism and analysis doesn't work this way. I don't see why 2K should work this way.
And that is why he is overrated.

# 137 lakers24 @ 08/29/15 03:55 PM
Quote:
When they're not hitting, you realize how bad their shot selection is, but that's what makes them the superstars they are,they don't have many nights when they're not hitting.

Steph is the same way. Some of the shots he throws up would get most players yanked from the game, for him though, it's the best shot for his team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
I know his averages last season looked decent as far as PPG, APG, RPG. But if you watched the games, he shot the Lakers out of several potential wins. HE WAS TERRIBLE!!!!
I ain't complaining!
Spoiler

# 138 WaddupCouzin @ 08/29/15 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Steph is the same way. Some of the shots he throws up would get most players yanked from the game, for him though, it's the best shot for his team.

I ain't complaining! [emoji38]
Spoiler
Exactly!

# 139 DaKoKing @ 08/29/15 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Or you could just edit the ratings yourself.
I simply do not have the time or patience to sit around figuring out why 2K has so vastly overrated a player, figuring out how that rating impacts that player effectiveness for users or AI, figuring out what a change would mean for that team vs other teams as well as that player versus other players.

I'm perfectly content to let someone else figure out how to make this game play like a somewhat reasonable impression of basketball.

# 140 BluFu @ 08/29/15 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
He played 1200 minutes which is a plenty large sample (more than Hassan Whiteside, for example). It's 300 less than Derrick Rose, unless of course you're advocating we ignore Rose's ****ty performance as well.
Nope I'd just like to know why the outcry for Kobe's rating when Rose is being treated in similar fashion.

Quote:
LOL, yes he will be, he is 37.
So as soon as you hit 37, you're going to be injury-riddled? That sounds sh***y

Quote:
Rose played 300 minutes (10 games) the season before, the key difference (Kobe was likewise hot garbage in his 6 game 2014 season and didn't have his rating touched). There is basically no difference between Rose/Kobe's situations over the last two years.
That's what I'm saying Rashidi.. I don't remember this much backlash when Rose started with an 88. People were much more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Kobe continues to get high ratings because there are casual clowns out there (that 2K doesn't want to piss off) who seriously think he is still on par with the likes of Jimmy Butler and Klay Thompson when the reality is he is a rich man's Evan Turner at this point.
25, 5 and 5 over the last 3 seasons... "rich man's Evan Turner"... you guys kill me sometimes

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.