Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA players continue posting their NBA 2K16 player ratings, along with in-game screenshots of themselves in action. Below are the players that have either posted on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram today.

(Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot.)Previously confirmed player ratings: (Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot)

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 DC @ 08/29/15 06:53 PM
But I think it is virtually impossible for most to separate legacy from recent production with Kobe. But I do feel legacy has to be considered to a degree.

For example.

If Rajon Rondo and Luke RIdnour shoot and attempt the same amount of 3's this upcoming season (38% on 250 attempts), I don't feel Rondo and Ridnour should have the same exact 3PT rating in 2K17 simply because this is the first season Rondo actually shot the ball well. Ridnour is historically a good shooter so that should be taken into consideration, to a degree.

So you can't just ignore legacy.

# 162 The 24th Letter @ 08/29/15 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
HE doesn't control them but he gives, "I got you" comments to plenty of dudes over the years. Man just follow that man on Tweet. It is sad to see sometimes

That man is doing his job, he's supposed to say that stuff, y'all let him live, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 163 The 24th Letter @ 08/29/15 06:56 PM
Regarding the OVR, think it's much ado about nothing until we see how they're adjusted through the year...

# 164 DC @ 08/29/15 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
That man is doing his job, he's supposed to say that stuff, y'all let him live, lol

Nah, it isn't that simple. If someone wants a boost in a category, they should have to do more than to cry to the "Make an announcement to announce that an announcement is coming" Dude and it happens

# 165 The 24th Letter @ 08/29/15 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Nah, it isn't that simple. If someone wants a boost in a category, they should have to do more than to cry to the "Make an announcement to announce that an announcement is coming" Dude and it happens

If ratings are actually being adjusted undeservedly, then I agree...that's why I was asking for an example...

Otherwise I don't like to bash those guys for doing their job....for all the "bad marketing" comments made around here, this is no brainer stuff ....of course you interact with NBA players when they tweet....

# 166 stillfeelme @ 08/29/15 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
Well, When it comes to "shot selection" I don't think anyone has worse shot selection then KD and Westbrook, they just make the shots, but from a shot selection stand point they're no bueno.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
KD lol? Are you serious. Now Westbrook I can agree with but KD naw. I don't know what games you are watching.

Did you watch Kobe shoot and shoot and miss and miss contested shot after contested shot?

The difference in shot selection is when you can hit said shots even close to an average rate. Kobe was chucking shots stats which back up the video of what I watched. If he made a decent rate he would be ok but his shots were bad contested shots which he didn't make.

# 167 WaddupCouzin @ 08/29/15 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
KD lol? Are you serious. Now Westbrook I can agree with but KD naw. I don't know what games you are watching.

Did you watch Kobe shoot and shoot and miss and miss contested shot after contested shot?

The difference in shot selection is when you can hit said shots even close to an average rate. Kobe was chucking shots stats which back up the video of what I watched. If he made a decent rate he would be ok but his shots were bad contested shots which he didn't make.
As someone so eloquently stated earlier in this thread, the shots Steph takes would have had 90% of the players in the league benched.

Just because you make the shot doesn't mean it's not a poorly selected shot. Kobe got away with ridiculously poorly selected shots for years, but now that they're not falling, it's an issue of shot selection, when his shot selection has always been poor.

# 168 stillfeelme @ 08/29/15 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
As someone so eloquently stated earlier in this thread, the shots Steph takes would have had 90% of the players in the league benched.

Just because you make the shot doesn't mean it's not a poorly selected shot. Kobe got away with ridiculously poorly selected shots for years, but now that they're not falling, it's an issue of shot selection, when his shot selection has always been poor.

The shot selection is much worse when he knows, the other team knows and the other players knows he aint making it.

The funny thing about Steph is he shoots almost as good as when contested as when he is open whether off the dribble etc. Steph is just on a totally different planet in term of shooting limitless range. I guess you are talking some of his off the dribble shots are crazy which they are but he makes them.

Kobe shoots some of the most contested shots I have seen.

Kobe last year shot 10 tightly contested jumpers per game

He shot 30.7% on contested jumpers is what I am getting at

Steph last year shot 4 tightly contested jumpers per game

Steph shot 41.2% on contested shots shots.

Kobe shot more contested jumpers in 35 games then Steph did the whole season man.

# 169 LO6IX @ 08/29/15 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
He shot 42% during the playoffs, Jordan's last 3 years 45%, 45%, 46%.. Do you know what the different of 3-4% is when you are taking 20+ shots per game? About half a shot.. So per 40 shots LeBron would miss one more shot than Jordan.. Does that make Jordan "straight up bad" as well? Is 2k going to lower Jordan's ratings for his past prime self? Likely not, so that's where this is unfair. Jordan also wasn't averaging borderline triple doubles and grabbing over 13 rebounds.. So yes excuse me for thinking LeBron's performance shouldn't require him to have a rating drop when he's piling up numbers like guys from the 60's in today's slower paced and lower statistical era.

To put in perspective, 2k15 a 2nd year Jordan is a 94, rookie Tim Duncan is a 90, Payton is a 92, Wilt a 94 not prime 50ppg Wilt but 35 year old Wilt who averaged 14 points per game, Oscar is a 95 not triple double averaging Oscar but the 33 year old who averaged 17/7/5, Iverson LOL a 93, Shaq at 23 years old a 95, Julius Erving (does nothing better than LeBron) is a 95.. 30 year old Bird is a 98, 30 year old LeBron is a 94. Their stats? Per 36min Bird 24.9/6.8/8.2 and his playoff numbers 27/7/10 at 44 minutes, Per 36 LeBron 25.2/7.4/6 his playoff numbers 30.1/8.5/12 at 42 minutes..

But go on and keep telling me how those guys aren't being overvalued and current stars undervalued.

Isn't LeBron a 96 in 2K15 with the -7 update? Doesn't that mean he's really a 97 or 98 with all the shooting attributes back up in 2K15? How do we know that they aren't changing the legends' ratings too?

# 170 cool318 @ 08/29/15 08:55 PM
Long time Laker fan here..

Let's be honest. Yes, Kobe took terrible shots last year, but he also led the league in scoring for what, 2 months? Thats impressive for a 36 year old, i dont' care what anyone says.

Also, who else was going to score on the Lakers? Swaggy was terrible last year.. that was our only other scorer. What was kobe to do? Let JOhnson and JLIN score? lol Lets get real people, Kobe had to do what he had to do. Lakers were a terrible team last year.

At least this year he has scorers on his team like Lou, Clarkson, and Russ. Maybe Throw in Swaggy,

# 171 redsox4evur @ 08/29/15 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool318

Let's be honest. Yes, Kobe took terrible shots last year, but he also led the league in scoring for what, 2 months? Thats impressive for a 36 year old, i dont' care what anyone says.

Also, who else was going to score on the Lakers? Swaggy was terrible last year.. that was our only other scorer. What was kobe to do? Let JOhnson and JLIN score? lol Lets get real people, Kobe had to do what he had to do. Lakers were a terrible team last year.
The second bolded statement is why the first statement happened. It's almost the same situation as Melo in NY. Who else was/is going to score on that team? Melo is going to be the Kobe a chucker who is playing on a horrible team and is coming off a big injury and will be in the top 5 in scoring this season.

# 172 23 @ 08/29/15 09:03 PM
Quote:

Also, who else was going to score on the Lakers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im just saying, ratings or not, the last 2 years including a 37% season, that needs to be reflected in the game, period.

The sad part is the people in here always screaming for 2k to have more defense in the game are justifying this rating by offense only and completely IGNORING the fact that he was worse than what people were clowning James Harden for on D.

# 173 24ct @ 08/29/15 09:03 PM
Quote:

At least this year he has scorers on his team like Lou, Clarkson, and Russ. Maybe Throw in Swaggy,
So hypothetically...If you lead the L in scoring shooting 30% that's a good season?

Same thing with Lebron in the Finals. He had to shoot a lot and be ineffective. Regardless it does not matter how old you are shooting a low percentage isn't impressive by any stretch.

Still doesn't warrant an 85 if he shoots a low FG% on bad or good shots. If you shoot a low percentage that's evidence you're not a good shooter or you're regressing lol. Regardless of the shots or who's on your team.

# 174 rbfn04 @ 08/29/15 10:01 PM
Terrible rating for Kobe. No way he's an 85 right now

# 175 MT3 @ 08/29/15 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemOlajuwon
So Evan Fournier and Langston Galloway have the same rating ?
that's makes no sense...

Nice pics
Terrence Ross is really great
why ? galloway make good half season and fournier good start for finish a little bad ...

# 176 Da_Czar @ 08/29/15 11:07 PM
[quote=23;2047616242

I'm not trashing him, I just need to see how it plays first. If I can do the same things with him that I can do with LeBron or KD then [/QUOTE]

I don't believe you will be able to. At least I currently can't. From what I am seeing when playing the game this year an 85 in 2k15 is not the same in gameplay as an 85 in 2K16. At least where Kobe is concerned. My last game with Kobe I was 2-12 I tried to force the action a bit to no avail.

I don't see anyone really winning games by playing through him unless they move him around and find really favorable matchups.

There have been lots of under the hood changes that effect how the game actually plays out. So it might be worth seeing what you can actually do with each guy before burning the house down based on an overall number.

# 177 23 @ 08/29/15 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I don't believe you will be able to. At least I currently can't. From what I am seeing when playing the game this year an 85 in 2k15 is not the same in gameplay as an 85 in 2K16. At least where Kobe is concerned. My last game with Kobe I was 2-12 I tried to force the action a bit to no avail.

I don't see anyone really winning games by playing through him unless they move him around and find really favorable matchups.

There have been lots of under the hood changes that effect how the game actually plays out. So it might be worth seeing what you can actually do with each guy before burning the house down based on an overall number.
Haha yeah people definitely have the matches and gas soaked wicks waiting

# 178 swac07 @ 08/29/15 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar

thats good to hear

# 179 Hardhitta5hun @ 08/30/15 12:12 AM
Am i the only one that thinks the overall board resembles TNT a bit idk maybe im looking too hard but it looks familar switch out the numbers and put tnt and there u go i and they still haven't announced commentary and audio i really hope 2k pull a rabbit out the hat that wud kill it

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

# 180 eltyboogie @ 08/30/15 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Lebron shot like that for all of Playoffs.

That said, Lebron's feat was impressive because of his offensive load. But shooting inefficiently in high volume isn't something that's actually evidence for a higher rating.

Plus Lebron wasn't very notworthy on defense. I watched the whole series and can't spot his defensive impact. I was sort of suprised about it in retrospect. 94 is fine on an all-time scale.

And I don't disagree that prime AI and Kobe shouldn't be any higher than a 94-95 on an All-Time GOAT scale. That leaves a 4-5 point spread for the many greats that are better than both those players.

Heh, I saw a Denver game where he did nothing but shoot the Lakers out of the game with a double digit lead with turnaround fade after fade. I guess that was the exception?
i agree but if you say bron was shooting like that for the entire playoffs then why say his poor shooting led to iggy getting fmvp? bron shooting poorly previously in the playoffs would imply iggy had little to no effect on bron right?
and lets not act like the bulls hawks or even celtics are bad defensive teams lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.