Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

There hasn't been a sports game that has nailed online play yet, but Madden has always come pretty close. Lag usually isn't a huge issue, most gamemodes that can be played offline can be played online with friends and the user interface is always clean and easy to navigate.

Read More - Madden NFL 16: Online Play is Improved

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Kushmir @ 08/31/15 12:10 PM
have played Madden 16 online after not buying Madden the last two years. online has been a pleasant surprise so far. only played two real cheeseballs in my ten games so far.

# 2 dkp23 @ 08/31/15 12:21 PM
Of my lobby games and draft champs games, pretty much every person i played was straight lobby ball, get a fast qb and go on the run and no huddle.

THey end up losing, but it is still cheesy. Dont see much of an improvement there on my end at least.

THe lag for lobby and MUT over the years have been pretty stable, but you can't say the same for CFM h2h games, the lag in these games are atrocious and with the desync problems last year and the random 4th quarter dcs, it was frustrating to have to end up playing a game again.

The desyncs were due to visual settings not matching up between players i.e. one person has tackling cone and the other doesn't resulting in desyncs.

Then you have the invite system on xbox which is pretty much the dumbest invite process in history of video games, if you do not know, go try it out. Especially again, CFM which is a long redundant and frustrating experience.

The CFM problem in terns of inviting each other seems to be ignored, EA should take a look at it with MS and determine why can't we get to the team select screen accepting the invite the 1st time, not the 2nd or 3rd time.

# 3 TombSong @ 08/31/15 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
Of my lobby games and draft champs games, pretty much every person i played was straight lobby ball, get a fast qb and go on the run and no huddle.

THey end up losing, but it is still cheesy. Dont see much of an improvement there on my end at least.

THe lag for lobby and MUT over the years have been pretty stable, but you can't say the same for CFM h2h games, the lag in these games are atrocious and with the desync problems last year and the random 4th quarter dcs, it was frustrating to have to end up playing a game again.

The desyncs were due to visual settings not matching up between players i.e. one person has tackling cone and the other doesn't resulting in desyncs.

Then you have the invite system on xbox which is pretty much the dumbest invite process in history of video games, if you do not know, go try it out. Especially again, CFM which is a long redundant and frustrating experience.

The CFM problem in terns of inviting each other seems to be ignored, EA should take a look at it with MS and determine why can't we get to the team select screen accepting the invite the 1st time, not the 2nd or 3rd time.
There is a friend of mine I play online and he has mastered usering he DT to knock my RG on his *** 90% of the time and come through the line clean and get dang near a instant sack. You keep a back or 2 back to block but a lot of the time they STILL wont pick the guy up. They sometimes even run in parallel with the DT with their hands up like they gonna block him but NEVER do and watch me get sacked, LOL.

This is the BEST MADDEN EVAH though.

# 4 Birdman18 @ 08/31/15 01:15 PM
In my leagues test CFM we've had about 6 desyncs and we are only in week 2

www.techraptor.net

# 5 fballturkey @ 08/31/15 02:18 PM
DC has made online fun in a way that for sports games only the UFC game mode did, so that's a big improvement. It hasn't felt too laggy.

# 6 Khanchus @ 08/31/15 03:41 PM
i had some series lag issues with a friend last night. It made the game unbearable to play... it was more of a delay than lag....

the desyncs are still going on and if we can figure out why its happening then why cant they?

the accepting a h2h game is annoying

none of these are make or break topics for me but do lower my experience a bit

# 7 jdareal21 @ 08/31/15 06:07 PM
Hope people realize, there's no solution for the human mind. I wrote about this before, but any human being is going to find a way to cheese if they really want to. Throw enough lobs to Dez or Calvin and they're bound to catch a few, that's just how it goes. The difference is, it's harder this year (so far anyway) to find ways to completely break the game and get wins doing the same thing.

# 8 gmitch23 @ 08/31/15 06:52 PM
Right now the glaring need online is to add the penalties. They are almost absent compared to offline play. Which really is a shame.

# 9 truzoe @ 08/31/15 08:32 PM
Some lag issue here and there but I just got 9 picks of a guy using Andrew luck lmao

# 10 ronnie2 @ 09/01/15 09:50 AM
Is the xbox one and xbox 360 multiplayer crossplatformed in madden 16?

# 11 zrohman @ 09/01/15 11:15 AM
Only user initiated penalties online apparently ..

And yes, it plays great but half of the time I start a game with friends it desyncs right when it starts, but once we get it going it works great

# 12 brandon27 @ 09/01/15 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
Hope people realize, there's no solution for the human mind. I wrote about this before, but any human being is going to find a way to cheese if they really want to. Throw enough lobs to Dez or Calvin and they're bound to catch a few, that's just how it goes. The difference is, it's harder this year (so far anyway) to find ways to completely break the game and get wins doing the same thing.
Exactly, this to me is why I never bother to play online. Still couch H2H for me, or against the CPU.

There's too many people out there playing online sports games that just look for ways to exploit the game. It's going to happen eventually if it hasn't already. You're never going to stop that probably.

# 13 OhMrHanky @ 09/01/15 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnnaGB
STILL NO PENALTIES PI, OFF IP, DEF HOLDING, OFF HOLDING, FACEMASK ALL MISSING

Hmmm. I've seen all of these except for off PI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 14 Find_the_Door @ 09/01/15 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Hmmm. I've seen all of these except for off PI.

Not in ranked you haven't

# 15 OhMrHanky @ 09/01/15 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_The_Door
Not in ranked you haven't

Lol. Sorry. I wasn't paying attention to the topic being specific to H2H online. I was just reading multiple threads and saw this about not seeing penalties, and was thinking it was for the game, in general. No, I'm sure about H2H penalties. I have def seen penalties vs CPU, though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.