Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

We have captured 80 NBA 2K16 screenshots from the gameplay enhancements video released earlier this morning. Check them out here.

NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 The 24th Letter @ 09/02/15 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Everybody is emoting all over the place in all these videos, it's really fascinating. I hope it carries over to the game. 2K had solid emotive players for a sports game already, but still nothing like this, so in replays in our games I hope it's really this cool.

Yeah it's honestly is pretty solid now and it looks like it got even better.....if you follow a players face through a couple of possessions it's pretty cool how you see it change....(This is the stuff I notice when a game is nearing retirement, lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 42 jinth0688 @ 09/02/15 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
For the shoe heads like myself, I see they finally have the team colored retro Jordan's with the colors in the correct areas of the shoe that will save a lot of editing for myself.
idk the 11's that Aldridge have on don't look too good lol but could be just the team color settings for the spurs

# 43 Tunechid @ 09/02/15 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinth0688
idk the 11's that Aldridge have on don't look too good lol but could be just the team color settings for the spurs
To me they look good it's just the colors, the shape/mold of the shoe is way different. I guess in old 2k they had 3 templates like low, mid, and high but now since the shoes are scanned it looks like there isn't any templates, it's however the shoe is shaped in real life

# 44 Tunechid @ 09/02/15 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Contrast Goffs

When I went to a Pelicans game the lights changed with the time, example if its was 10 mins left it would be dark than it is if it was 2 mins left

# 45 Rasco11 @ 09/02/15 05:04 PM
Looks beyond awesome! Can't wait to see/learn more about CPU AI adjustments and strategy. Likewise storylines are intriguing! Control-wise: Absolutely thrilled about having pick control (choosing side) and being able to lead guys on the break. No more guys running to the corner, ignoring a clear path!! Thrilled about attention given to post-game and defense. Sounds like they hit on what needed refinement, and then some!

Love all the facial emotion added! Gonna make replays and highlights really shine! Can't wait to see more.

# 46 strawberryshortcake @ 09/02/15 05:07 PM
Loved everything I heard in the video and blog, awareness, footplanting, real gameplay adjustments from game to game by the opposing CPU, etc., oh my.

But sometimes you read stuff that you never notice on OS and it simply stays with you, and gets in your head ... like forever.

Someone mentioned something about how the crowd is too dark and I can't help but notice the gameplay enhancement video including revisiting the #winning trailer that the crowd will stay dark in NBA2k16. Has 2k ever given a clear reason for why the crowd is so dark?

Looking forward to the presentation blog along with an accompanying video as icing on the cake.

Spoiler

According to this photograph, my initial reaction was that the crowd lighting has finally been fixed (brightened). But with the newly released gameplay enhancement video, it looks the crowd will remain sitting in the dark.

Spoiler

# 47 J_Posse @ 09/02/15 05:11 PM
They knocked LaMarcus Aldridge and Tiago Splitter out the park with the scans, but I'm a little upset that TD and Tony were unwilling or unavailable to be re-scanned.

J - Cross Over finally got scanned and looks on point. He finally looks like his face isn't melting in plastic or wax.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 48 seanbarkley @ 09/02/15 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I wonder with the shoe improvements if we finally have home and away

I will cry like a baby If they finally add it!

# 49 Sundown @ 09/02/15 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Everybody is emoting all over the place in all these videos, it's really fascinating. I hope it carries over to the game. 2K had solid emotive players for a sports game already, but still nothing like this, so in replays in our games I hope it's really this cool.
What's impressive is you almost don't notice it because it's so natural most of the time. It only calls out to your attention when there's something that just doesn't match up with expectations.

# 50 Rasco11 @ 09/02/15 05:16 PM
Yeah this has been an eyesore for me previously as well - the crowds have been pretty dark and the arenas far too hazy the last couple years if you ask me! It appears like the upper decks may still be too dark, but at least the lower levels appear to be more vibrant (Speights pic). The also seemed to maybe touch up arena seating (baselines populated/sidelines seem closer to court), so that helps asthetically too. Hard to know for sure until final product is seen.

# 51 lakers24 @ 09/02/15 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Loved everything I heard in the video and blog, awareness, footplanting, real gameplay adjustments from game to game by the opposing CPU, etc., oh my.

But sometimes you read stuff that you never notice on OS and it simply stays with you, and gets in your head ... like forever.

Someone mentioned something about how the crowd is too dark and I can't help but notice the gameplay enhancement video including revisiting the #winning trailer that the crowd will stay dark in NBA2k16. Has 2k ever given a clear reason for why the crowd is so dark?

Looking forward to the presentation blog along with an accompanying video as icing on the cake.

Spoiler

According to this photograph, my initial reaction was that the crowd lighting has finally been fixed (brightened). But with the newly released gameplay enhancement video, it looks the crowd will remain sitting in the dark.

Spoiler
It's all angles and what is shown. The pics from the Gamestop Expo show them playing from broadcast view and in broadcast view you only see the lower bowl. Most of the lighting is correct on the lower bowl, the issue is the mid to upper decks of the arenas that seem too dark in most arenas. They also have a lack of lighting at the corners (ends of the floor) in the lower bowl. I just want this back at the least for some of the arenas:

# 52 The 24th Letter @ 09/02/15 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
They knocked LaMarcus Aldridge and Tiago Splitter out the park with the scans, but I'm a little upset that TD and Tony were unwilling or unavailable to be re-scanned.

J - Cross Over finally got scanned and looks on point. He finally looks like his face isn't melting in plastic or wax.

I thought TD was scanned?

He's always looked great to me...

Where did you see Tiago?

# 53 lakers24 @ 09/02/15 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Where did you see Tiago?

He was, but I think they meant body scanned and they weren't, they're the same scans from 2k15 (which are already pretty much perfect tbh except for TD's grey hair). Tiago is right next to Duncan, he's also seen a couple times in the Winning trailer.

# 54 The 24th Letter @ 09/02/15 05:38 PM
Ah ok....gotcha....thanks lakers

Also did Bropez cut his hair over the summer? If not it looks like they still don't have his hair updated...

Assuming that's a recent build...

# 55 Sdrawkcab321 @ 09/02/15 05:42 PM
Quote:

Lillard d'ing up ? Game way too unrealistic. Unplayable.

# 56 J_Posse @ 09/02/15 05:43 PM
Quote:

Where did you see Tiago?

Yeah, he is 24th but its pretty obvious he didn't go back in to be scanned again. Timmy's cyberface is great (minus no grey hair) but we don't get the benefit of his body being scanned.

Tiago is literally right beside/underneath TD. You can tell that's him and he was scanned this year.

# 57 The 24th Letter @ 09/02/15 05:52 PM
Quote:
Yeah, he is 24th but its pretty obvious he didn't go back in to be scanned again. Timmy's cyberface is great (minus no grey hair) but we don't get the benefit of his body being scanned.

Tiago is literally right beside/underneath TD. You can tell that's him and he was scanned this year.

Yeah I thought you meant his face....I gotcha...

Don't know how I missed Splitter....he was definitely overdue...

Hopefully hey got Big Baby so Goffs doesn't get banned

# 58 strawberryshortcake @ 09/02/15 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
Yeah this has been an eyesore for me previously as well - the crowds have been pretty dark and the arenas far too hazy the last couple years if you ask me! It appears like the upper decks may still be too dark, but at least the lower levels appear to be more vibrant (Speights pic). The also seemed to maybe touch up arena seating (baselines populated/sidelines seem closer to court), so that helps asthetically too. Hard to know for sure until final product is seen.
Then ... I scour youtube for real NBA footage and notice the crowd isn't completely lit up brightly in some scenes. It does have a darker appearance depending on the camera angle, sort of. I do notice some shows in the below real NBA footage that the crowd is sitting in the dark. But has NBA2k ever had fans brightly lit regardless of camera angle. So who the heck knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul21694
I think maybe the crowd being dark may be because rendering several thousand fans along with so many other visuals as well as 10 players, up to 20 bench players, coaches etc. it probably would cause hella frame rate drops.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I have considered that as being the reason. I think this is also one of the reason why MLB the Show would sometimes blur out the fans in the stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
It's all angles and what is shown. The pics from the Gamestop Expo show them playing from broadcast view and in broadcast view you only see the lower bowl. Most of the lighting is correct on the lower bowl, the issue is the mid to upper decks of the arenas that seem too dark in most arenas. They also have a lack of lighting at the corners (ends of the floor) in the lower bowl. I just want this back at the least for some of the arenas:
There was another better photo from that Gamestop event that shows a more darkened crowd from broadcast view however. I'll see if I can find it.

# 59 lakers24 @ 09/02/15 05:58 PM
Quote:
Ah ok....gotcha....thanks lakers

Also did Bropez cut his hair over the summer? If not it looks like they still don't have his hair updated...

Assuming that's a recent build...

Bropez has a tendency to cut his hair some seasons and have his curly in others and sometimes he grows it out from the low cut during the season, so it's hard to get a feel on what he'll rock. But the most recent Brook is low Brook:
Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul21694
I think maybe the crowd being dark may be because rendering several thousand fans along with so many other visuals as well as 10 players, up to 20 bench players, coaches etc. it probably would cause hella frame rate drops.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I do think it may be because of the console limitations. I know some would bring up other sports titles having fully lit arenas with more fans (Madden and Fifa, and even NHL with all their unique fans), but these games have different engines and the players in 2k are of a lot higher quality than those in other titles so that may be why crowds have been darkened so much.

# 60 King_B_Mack @ 09/02/15 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yeah they changed the line colors
They made huge changes. I'm shocked. Not only the line colors, but I see the basketball is no longer behind the Bull logo at center court either. Bulls haven't had that look since Chicago Stadium closed it's doors.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.