Home
FIFA 16 News Post

The FIFA 16 demo is available now on PlayStation 4 in a few regions. We will update this post when it is available here in the states.

UPDATE: (9-8) The FIFA 16 demo is available now for Xbox 360 and Xbox One. It should be available later this afternoon for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC users. We will update this post when they arrive.

UPDATE: (9-8) The FIFA 16 demo is available now for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

UPDATE: (9-8) The FIFA 16 demo is available for PC users.

Below are the modes and options available in the FIFA 16 demo.
  • Kick-Off: jump onto the pitch and play a match. When starting the FIFA 16 Demo for the first time on PC, Xbox One, or PS4, you will begin at El Clasico, Real Madrid CF at home to FC Barcelona.
  • FIFA Ultimate Team Draft: experience a brand new way to play - FUT Draft. Make careful decisions as you build a squad, then take them onto the pitch in an offline match.
  • FIFA Trainer: everyone can Compete at a Higher Level in FIFA 16. Check out the FIFA Trainer, a new contextual training system, to pick up some new tips while playing Kick Off or FUT Draft.
  • New Skill Games: as matches are loading experience six of our six new skill games.
  • Bundesliga Broadcast Presentation: (available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC only) experience authentic broadcast graphics when Borussia Dortmund visits Borussia Mönchengladbach at BORUSSIA-PARK.
Teams:
  • FC Barcelona
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Borussia Mönchengladbach
  • Chelsea FC
  • Inter Milan
  • Manchester City
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Real Madrid CF
  • River Plate
  • Seattle Sounders
Women’s National Teams: (Women's National Teams compete exclusively against other Women's National Teams.)
  • Germany
  • United States
Stadiums:
  • Borussia-Park
  • CenturyLink Field
  • Santiago Bernabeu
Play a few matches and post your thoughts!

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BenVenom @ 09/07/15 12:59 PM
Great info, keep the impressions coming. I can only speak for the Xbox but lately ea has been releasing their Tuesday demos on Monday night, U.S. Usually between like 8pm and 10 pm eastern U.S. Time. Hope they put it up tonight. I'm confident they will if it has already released in some regions. Sometimes you have to use the search feature in the store.

# 22 Resurrection403 @ 09/07/15 01:05 PM
almost 2 games in and still no hand ball. could be early but ... jeez.

# 23 wordtobigbird @ 09/07/15 01:09 PM
Looked good to me in that video. I'm hyped to play it. CPU played well but not too OP for that to be world class. They didn't finish some goals I figure they would've easily but they played smart and took the open passing lanes the user gave them and came back on D to stop his gogogo style whenever he ran out of places to pass forward.

Another video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHDY6k6Nx7c

# 24 baseballguy @ 09/07/15 01:13 PM
Downloading right now. Can't wait to try this.

# 25 BenVenom @ 09/07/15 01:17 PM
Watched the video. I'm very encouraged. The build up play while still not as good as Pes is miles better than in the past. More balls played back(some even to the defenders), more square balls(side) too. Overall the doesn't seemed as rushed to go forward. Could there be more midfield play, sure but it's a start. Another thing I noticed and I think it's new animations but there are moment when the ai seems to stop and "think" about where they are gunna deliver the ball, looks very realistic. There were some long balls and even a lobbed switch across the field. I didn't c any long shots but barca doesn't take many of those with their absurd passing and waiting for the perfect shot.

# 26 wordtobigbird @ 09/07/15 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVenom
Watched the video. I'm very encouraged. The build up play while still not as good as Pes is miles better than in the past. More balls played back(some even to the defenders), more square balls(side) too. Overall the doesn't seemed as rushed to go forward. Could there be more midfield play, sure but it's a start. Another thing I noticed and I think it's new animations but there are moment when the ai seems to stop and "think" about where they are gunna deliver the ball, looks very realistic. There were some long balls and even a lobbed switch across the field. I didn't c any long shots but barca doesn't take many of those with their absurd passing and waiting for the perfect shot.
Two things I noticed as well. That one time when they were going left at the bottom outside the box they stopped and waited and the animation looked really nice. The CPU definitely doesn't just dribble around with one player until they get an open pass or lose the ball. They willing go back. Friend sitting next to me said looks like they are resetting play.

# 27 redsox4evur @ 09/07/15 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
Have you had an instance where a handball should been called but wasn't? Also the quarter length is only 4 minutes so that makes a difference of what kind of things you see. We will see a lot more with 10, 15 minute halves.

# 28 BenVenom @ 09/07/15 01:27 PM
Agreed. Like they actually held up play and waited for teammates. Just still hoping we see different styles of play from teams. Even diff styles from league to league. Like the massive difference in on ball pressure when u compare the epl to like Italy

# 29 mfp @ 09/07/15 01:33 PM
It's really, really good.

Gotta play more...

# 30 mfp @ 09/07/15 01:38 PM
Played about a dozen matches. All on Pro difficulty. All as BVB.

Pace of play is fantastic. Much slower, due to slower passing and pace totally toned down.

Biggest issue last year for me was how unbalanced gameplay was in favor of attack. Very early on but it feels like they've fixed this. Defending is solid now, though we'll see if exploits are found.

Headers were reported to be OP but I'm not seeing it against the CPU.

The AI feels more human-like than before and less scripted. Dunno if we'll see variety between how teams play but I'm seeing a huge amount of variety within the matches. No goals scored have been anything alike.

Really, really, really digging this demo (hated last year's). Hopefully EA don't screw this up.

# 31 wordtobigbird @ 09/07/15 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
Played about a dozen matches. All on Pro difficulty. All as BVB.

Pace of play is fantastic. Much slower, due to slower passing and pace totally toned down.

Biggest issue last year for me was how unbalanced gameplay was in favor of attack. Very early on but it feels like they've fixed this. Defending is solid now, though we'll see if exploits are found.

Headers were reported to be OP but I'm not seeing it against the CPU.

The AI feels more human-like than before and less scripted. Dunno if we'll see variety between how teams play but I'm seeing a huge amount of variety within the matches. No goals scored have been anything alike.

Really, really, really digging this demo (hated last year's). Hopefully EA don't screw this up.
How are your AI defenders? I see in the video that his defenders actually came back to help him and tracked back to defend inside the box pretty quickly but would always switch and go for a quick tackle. That was my biggest issue last year. I felt like I couldn't count on any teammates to be competent and make a tackle or get an interception. With teammate contain they would pressure but rarely take the ball unless gifted it. Would like to hear your thoughts on it.

# 32 buckeyezombie @ 09/07/15 01:56 PM
Is the broadcast camera more zoomed out like in years past, last year it was too close. Any response on this would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 33 Azamien @ 09/07/15 02:13 PM
Quote:
Is there a setting for handballs in the demo? Because if there isn't, I wouldn't be worried yet. Handball calls are off by default, so if there's no visible setting for it there won't be any called.

# 34 kaletore11 @ 09/07/15 02:14 PM
One detail I absolutely love.
You can see exactly how much added time has passed, I LOVE that. Dunno why, it's pretty irrelevant, but it means a lot to me.

# 35 xicpanad @ 09/07/15 02:16 PM
Has anyone noticed how human the CPU is looking in that first video? They try lots of diferent passes and the dribling is awesome! No more super agility moves impossible to track, it´s like CPU now has to use space in a smart way, just like humans. Very very good! CPU players have way less agility, specially the less tecnhical ones, now they can´t change direction at superspeeds, wich makes it better to defend. Really enjoying what I´m seeing!

# 36 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/07/15 02:20 PM
Quote:
C'mon, man...

# 37 BenVenom @ 09/07/15 02:23 PM
I would just like to say that I don't like any of you that have the demo! Lol, it's truly pathetic that I'm waiting on and this excited to play a demo. As always thanks for the impressions.

# 38 wordtobigbird @ 09/07/15 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaletore11
You can see exactly how much added time has passed, I LOVE that. Dunno why, it's pretty irrelevant, but it means a lot to me.
Good catch! It was annoying having to estimate those final minutes and having the whistle blow on you.

# 39 dubcity @ 09/07/15 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaletore11

Is that specific to the Bundesliga matches?

# 40 baseballguy @ 09/07/15 02:36 PM
Game plays much better than FIFA 15. AI offense and defense are smarter. I'm having a heck of a time breaking down the defense even on pro. Scored two goals in five games so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.