Home
Forza Motorsport 6 News Post

A genre that was widely neglected during the early stages of the next-generation console release, sim racing has seen quite the resurgence over the last three months, and Turn 10 has looked to add to that with its release of the highly anticipated Forza 6. Turn 10’s first effort this generation, Forza 5, left many wanting more as the depth and lack of content wore many people thin. But now Forza Motorsport 6 is here, so it's time to take a look at their newest offering, and see if the early buzz and excitement is warranted.

Read More - Forza Motorsport 6 Review (Written by: Robert Kollars)

Game: Forza Motorsport 6Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
Forza Motorsport 6 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 McG @ 09/09/15 02:03 AM
Great review. I have be on the fence on if I should buy this game now, or wait until later due to the fact that I just bought Madden a few weeks ago, I will be getting NBA 2K16 and I might get FIFA16. After playing the demo a bit, I really enjoyed how smooth the game looked and played. The inclusion of mods, allows players like me that don't know how to tune to feel like I can get a bit of an advantage, without having to hope the random tuning setup I downloaded will be good for how I drive. I love how they included each car as a Forzavista car. Being able to actually see what the car is made up of and looking all around it is pretty cool and it just shows how serious the devs are. Honestly, I would've bought this game in a heartbeat if it was put out in April-August, but with so many games coming up, I don't think I will be able to give this game the time it requires and honestly deserves.

# 2 Tomba @ 09/09/15 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
Great review. I have be on the fence on if I should buy this game now, or wait until later due to the fact that I just bought Madden a few weeks ago, I will be getting NBA 2K16 and I might get FIFA16. After playing the demo a bit, I really enjoyed how smooth the game looked and played. The inclusion of mods, allows players like me that don't know how to tune to feel like I can get a bit of an advantage, without having to hope the random tuning setup I downloaded will be good for how I drive. I love how they included each car as a Forzavista car. Being able to actually see what the car is made up of and looking all around it is pretty cool and it just shows how serious the devs are. Honestly, I would've bought this game in a heartbeat if it was put out in April-August, but with so many games coming up, I don't think I will be able to give this game the time it requires and honestly deserves.

Honestly this is the kind of game you put two or three games on the back burner for...

This is the first TRUE racing sim on next gen...

# 3 kackle85 @ 09/09/15 10:17 AM
Project cars is a TRUE sim and is next gen.

# 4 schnakenpopanz @ 09/09/15 12:50 PM
i will play both. project cars has deeper modes, but i guess F6 is the complete package

# 5 chunt04 @ 09/09/15 06:47 PM
Are you able to up the amount of laps driven in a career mode race? I love forza's attention to detail, but cannot stand the 3 lap races all the way through career mode. I would love to see the addition of longer races (and the return of endurance races) and the addition of penalties and flags to make people start driving properly. Yellow flag situations and pit stops are two of the greatest strategy situations in racing and Forza misses on both of these.

# 6 MachoMyers @ 09/10/15 12:30 AM
Preordered. Very excited for it to come out, one of the big reasons I got an XBox.

# 7 Sinner @ 09/12/15 08:05 PM
Have a question, for those that bought the Game of the Year addition to Forza 5 did it include more cars than the orignial?

I have like 4 games including this that I want over the next couple months so was thinking of holding off on this one till a Game of the Year addition or some other special addition comes out early next year.

If I did order it I would get the Deluxe Addition, the other 3 games I'm getting I have friends getting those games but none getting this one so that's another reason I was thinking about holding off. I know I will like it but will just like it better playing with a few friends.

Would it be worth it to wait for the GOY addition next year or will I have to buy the extra content I would get with the Deluxe version if I were buying it on release? (Hope I explained that right)

# 8 brandon27 @ 09/15/15 01:59 PM
I said I'd wait and buy this, then I played the demo. I still said I wasn't going to buy it, today, when I reluctantly went to pick up NHL16, I made the impulse decision to buy Forza too. It's in the car, waiting for me to take it home. I'd be shocked if I even open NHL for the next week or two if this game and me get along like F5, and FH2 did.

# 9 VTKombat @ 09/18/15 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I said I'd wait and buy this, then I played the demo. I still said I wasn't going to buy it, today, when I reluctantly went to pick up NHL16, I made the impulse decision to buy Forza too. It's in the car, waiting for me to take it home. I'd be shocked if I even open NHL for the next week or two if this game and me get along like F5, and FH2 did.
It's really good. I bought the 100 dollar digital version so that I could play it five days early and get the vip pass. That allows me to double my earnings and I race with all assists off so I'm pulling 50,000 a race. The digital edition also keeps me from making an impulsive trade for some game down the road that I will only play for three hours. It is tough right now tho with wife, work, madden, nhl, now forza and fifa/nba on the horizon. I've got to get all of this out of my system before fallout 4 comes as well, cuz that game is going to ruin my life

# 10 logieuk @ 09/22/15 05:11 AM
Great game, cant quite put it on par as a ture race sim but I honestly think its the closest that Gran T/Forza have ever been!

Also have to agree with the control, even in a class E car it can be twitchy for no reason, I tried doing the Audi Lemans on Spa and it took 30 mins to get used to driving that with a pad. Sucks my PC wheel doesn't work with XB1

# 11 chelios7 @ 09/22/15 08:39 AM
I'm loving this game so far. I like the feel of the cars, the tracks look amazing and I feel that I'm actually challenged in more races this time around.

# 12 goillini03 @ 09/22/15 09:50 AM
Yeah, I have to get a wheel of some sort. I just have no feel with the controller!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

# 13 JMD @ 09/23/15 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Honestly this is the kind of game you put two or three games on the back burner for...

This is the first TRUE racing sim on next gen...
I'm sure it's a good game but it is not the first TRUE racing sim on next gen.

# 14 lnin0 @ 09/23/15 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I'm sure it's a good game but it is not the first TRUE racing sim on next gen.
True. That honor belongs to Forza 5. Six is a brilliant game none the less.

# 15 sheredia @ 06/14/16 10:16 PM
just picked this up recently for $40 bucks and it is amazing......got the 10 year anniversary cars to boot. some of the community designs are pretty cool. the night and rain effects are great too.

# 16 sheredia @ 07/05/16 09:30 PM
love the fact that you get quite a few forms a racing to choose from....indycar, f1, nascar, etc. the only flaw i could find is that the two player split-screen is only head-to-head racing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.