Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The much anticipated Madden NFL 16 patch has arrived for both Xbox One (732 MB) and PlayStation 4 (749 MB). Check out the list of updates below, which include improvements and fixes for gameplay, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and more.

UPDATE: Just received official word from EA.

Quote:
Players will not need to restart their Connected Franchises to see most of the fixes in the Title Update. However, due to draft classes being randomly generated, you will have to restart if you want the changes to your current draft class, as we cannot retroactively change those ratings.

Also of note, the roster update is scheduled to arrive on Friday, according to Rex Dickson, creative director of the Madden NFL series.

Let us know what you are seeing!

GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed issue where AI defenders would get encroachment penalties after random huddle breaks and occasionally during the no-huddle offense
  • Addressed rare issue where receivers were called down by contact even when they weren’t being touched
  • Addressed quarterback locomotion warps on certain drop backs
CONNECTED FRANCHISE
  • Addressed issue where players could receive over 100 confidence resulting in a short-term attribute boost
  • Tuned regression for offensive linemen
  • Tuned rookie deep accuracy rating
  • Tuned supersim stats where pocket quarterbacks were generating too many rushing attempts
  • Addressed issue where team could sign elite free agents for a low amount
  • Addressed issue where some free agents would disappear from the free agent pool
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Addressed a rare issue where certain items would not have an image
OTHER
  • Addressed issue where the commentary line and presentation would repeat for a quarterback who returned from injury
  • Addressed a crash that could occur when using multiple controllers
  • Addressed a crash that could occur when exiting a game and the background video would continue to loop
  • Addressed general bugs and stability issues
Source - EA Sports

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Armor and Sword @ 09/09/15 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty199127
Disappointed that the defensive camera zoom issue wasn't addressed, but never the less extremely happy they fixed most of the issues in CFM, now I can start one.
It is being looked at for the next patch.

Listen. They got out a patch two weeks after release to address some critical CFM issues and some other bugs that were quickly identified.

I applaud them for responding so quickly.

There will be another patch to address some of the other issues like the defensive camera not working like it did on Madden 15 (which was perfect). I am sure it will be fixed on the next update along with the settings issue for visual settings not sticking and hopefully the penalty sliders that are adjusted resetting back to default in CFM.

I am ready to dive into CFM Friday after the official roster update and not look back.

I love this game.

# 122 griffy20 @ 09/09/15 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
That is my best guess...after further review OG and centers appear to be ok...RT not so bad and LT depending on stats good or bad:

Examples:
Luke Joeckel gave up 28 sacks 62 pass block started off 78
Greg Robinson gave up 29 sacks 59 pass block started off 73
Michael Oher gave up 34 sacks 64 pass block started off 78
Eugene Monroe gave up 33 sacks 78 pass block started off 90
Cordy Glenn 27 sacks 87 pass block started off 92
Erick Flowers 24 sack 77 pass block started off 82

All double digit sack allowed were LT with 3 RT thrown in OG C's none had double digit sacks allowed hence the non issue..the issue isn't regression is unreal, it's sim sacks allowed..which causes these guys to lose so much..

Sent from my broken iPhone using my data I can't afford
So basically it's still broken. LT's are going to be rotated after like two years. For example, say one starts at 85, after year 1 he's a 75...this makes it so in year 2 he's even worse, gives up more sacks, and gets to like a 60. Completely useless as a player.

# 123 thm305 @ 09/09/15 11:24 AM
Too excited to read through the thread so I don't know if its been mentioned, but Supersim now works in Player CFM!!

# 124 StefJoeHalt @ 09/09/15 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Agreed, but this is a succesful work around.

Now there are 2 ways to look at this problem.

You can complain that we shouldn't have to do this, which is true.

Or you can enjoy the game for what it is knowing that there is a way to at least diminish the issue.

I choose the latter personally.

I enjoy the game..game play wise best yet..however I plan on pointing out problems that continue and have been in the game for years.

# 125 booker21 @ 09/09/15 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffy20
No, as it was in the preseason rather than the offseason free agent system, I was only allowed to sign him to a 1 year deal for the set amount of money. No negotiating or anything.
This is why i have a house rule. I never sign a player before advancing next week. To give the CPU the chance to sign any player, then i sign. I doubt a 90ovr player will be on the FA after week1.

# 126 The JareBear @ 09/09/15 11:25 AM
Honest question

Instead of rising speed on stock rosters why not just tune the draft classes to be lower?

# 127 Dj_MyTime @ 09/09/15 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celey
Can anyone tell me what the quarterback locomotion warps on certain drop backs issue is?
I noticed it on some of the PA Shot plays, the QB would drop as normal then warp left or right a little deeper.

# 128 griffy20 @ 09/09/15 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
It is being looked at for the next patch.

Listen. They got out a patch two weeks after release to address some critical CFM issues and some other bugs that were quickly identified.

I applaud them for responding so quickly.

There will be another patch to address some of the other issues like the defensive camera not working like it did on Madden 15 (which was perfect). I am sure it will be fixed on the next update along with the settings issue for visual settings not sticking and hopefully the penalty sliders that are adjusted resetting back to default in CFM.

I am ready to dive into CFM Friday after the official roster update and not look back.

I love this game.
I'm also happy it came out so quick and EA seemed to be listening, but I question whether some of these "fixes" are actually fixes. For example, they said the OL regression thing has been fixed but judging by reports (haven't tried it out myself) this seems to be false.

That being said, I too have waited long enough and just want to start my CFM.

# 129 jgarrett @ 09/09/15 11:25 AM
Quote:
So basically it's still broken. LT's are going to be rotated after like two years. For example, say one starts at 85, after year 1 he's a 75...this makes it so in year 2 he's even worse, gives up more sacks, and gets to like a 60. Completely useless as a player.
No, not necessarily. beeasy17 just streamed simming thru 2 seasons and not every LT had a dramatic drop in their pass block rating.

# 130 Entiae @ 09/09/15 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
This is why i have a house rule. I never sign a player before advancing next week. To give the CPU the chance to sign any player, then i sign. I doubt a 90ovr player will be on the FA after week1.
Same rule I had last year. Not perfect by any means, but I can pretend those guys were signed in the offseason.

# 131 NJ2NC @ 09/09/15 11:28 AM
Can anyone confirm if the kicking bug is fixed? The fact that it's not in the patch notes under gameplay gives me a feeling that it wasn't fixed. For anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about it happens when you kick a field goal or even just kicking the extra point. It happens if you do a max power kick by getting the kicking bar completely filled. I'm pretty sure it was in all game modes. I definately know it was in play now and draft champions. I hope this was fixed since it kind of ruins the kicking game for me. What happens is if you kick it at max power the ball goes flying towards the sidelines like it was blocked or something when it wasn't. Anyway if someone can confirm if it was fixed or not that would be great.

# 132 howboutdat @ 09/09/15 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Honest question

Instead of rising speed on stock rosters why not just tune the draft classes to be lower?
Thats my question too. They took the time to lower rookie QB deep acc, why not do the same with speed for rookies? I dont get it

# 133 griffy20 @ 09/09/15 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrett
No, not necessarily. beeasy17 just streamed simming thru 2 seasons and not every LT had a dramatic drop in their pass block rating.
Oh ok. Either way, like I said, whether this was actually fixed or not I'm impressed by how fast EA was able to at least try to address these issues.

# 134 kse79x @ 09/09/15 11:30 AM
So this is aggravating. Put out the long awaited patch, yet roster update is still two days away that will fix the veteran/rookie attributes. So really, it still isnt advised to start your league. Son of a b, why does it take so long for a roster update? Youre just changing attributes

# 135 StefJoeHalt @ 09/09/15 11:30 AM
Quote:

Well you should be able to combat it some with XP..but problem isn't regression its sim stats..specifically sacks allowed..or at least my opinion..30 some sacks allowed by one player should cause u to be the worse pass blocker ever..that puts guys at 1.8 sacks a game..some teams don't give up that many..never mind just one player

# 136 HozAndMoose @ 09/09/15 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Thats my question too. They took the time to lower rookie QB deep acc, why not do the same with speed for rookies? I dont get it
I don't remember which Dec it was. One of them said in an interveiw they way they handled speed was a little off basically. So I'd guess if they had planned to change that already there was no point in changing the draft classes.

# 137 JayD @ 09/09/15 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
They work for me when fatigue is at 60.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Again, fatigue works but not auto subs. Also when you set fatigue so high you will see positions, like your offensive line, come off the field when they should not. Even if you set your auto subs at 0/1.

# 138 redsfan4life @ 09/09/15 11:32 AM
Joe Thomas had 99 pass block still in year 3.

Trent Williams had 91 pass block still in year 3.

I dunno. I wonder if it's better if you play every game..hoping so for my online CFM!

# 139 SteelCityColt @ 09/09/15 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiae
Same rule I had last year. Not perfect by any means, but I can pretend those guys were signed in the offseason.
I try to keep it honest myself, I'll sign a player if I need them and they fill a need but it still feels a cheat that I can get them cheap.

It should be I have to fight the CPU so if there's interest I'm going to have to pay through the nose and we should be able to sign FAs to multi year deals. It's just so unrealistic?

# 140 griffy20 @ 09/09/15 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kse79x
So this is aggravating. Put out the long awaited patch, yet roster update is still two days away that will fix the veteran/rookie attributes. So really, it still isnt advised to start your league. Son of a b, why does it take so long for a roster update? Youre just changing attributes
53 man rosters just came out this past Saturday, so less than a week to create accurate rosters for every team is pretty impressive. Add in the fact that they have to create a bunch of players that weren't projected to make 53 man rosters.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.