Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has just revealed the final two teams added to the NBA 2K16 classic teams list. With the '06-'07 Cleveland Cavaliers & '03-'04 Minnesota Timberwolves announced today, here are the 12 confirmed classic teams added to the game.
  • '06-'07 Cleveland Cavaliers
  • '03-'04 Minnesota Timberwolves
  • '04-'05 Phoenix Suns
  • '05-'06 Miami Heat
  • '12-'13 Miami Heat
  • '03-'04 Detroit Pistons
  • '07-'08 Houston Rockets
  • '99-'00 Toronto Raptors
  • '07-08 Boston Celtics
  • '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers
  • '02-'03 Dallas Mavericks
  • '99-'00 Portland Trail Blazers

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 getzmunney @ 09/10/15 03:52 PM
All these new "classic" teams....did they even upgrade Jordan's looks from looking like some bum on the street?

# 62 jayska23 @ 09/10/15 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
Will these teams be in next year or are these for a year only?
Do you really think they would only add them for this year?

# 63 CavsFanSteve @ 09/10/15 03:53 PM
When I saw the older Cavs logo as a classic team, I would've bet money that it would have been the 08-09 team with Mo, Delonte, LBJ, Ben Wallace, Big Z, Wally Sczcerbiak among others. 06-07 will be cool to play with for old times sake, but I also wouldn't call this a classic team. Pretty sure they only went 50-32. Yeah we went to the Finals, but only because of a masterful Game 5 for LeBron and a mesmerizing Game 6 for Boobie Gibson.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

# 64 BigDaneAyMane @ 09/10/15 03:54 PM
SMH I know we haven't had a great last 35 years, but I wish the Wizards/Bullets would be represented in these classic teams just once.

# 65 getzmunney @ 09/10/15 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaneAyMane
SMH I know we haven't had a great last 35 years, but I wish the Wizards/Bullets would be represented in these classic teams just once.
Agent zero

# 66 daveberg @ 09/10/15 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by getzmunney
Agent zero

MJ!!

(Sorry, fan boy post again)

# 67 CavsFanSteve @ 09/10/15 03:58 PM
Attachment 106174
I'm excited to use David Wesley though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

# 68 SlapShotSal @ 09/10/15 03:59 PM
I assume licensing is the issue (and maybe my age), but where are the real classic teams? Celtics & Lakers of the 80s, Jordan's Bull teams, Barkley's Suns, etc. These just don't excite me.

# 69 Cleve07103 @ 09/10/15 03:59 PM
Wish it would have been the Nets. Lebron is on enough teams here

# 70 daveberg @ 09/10/15 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapShotSal
I assume licensing is the issue (and maybe my age), but where are the real classic teams? Celtics & Lakers of the 80s, Jordan's Bull teams, Barkley's Suns, etc. These just don't excite me.
Right there with you.

# 71 stlpimpmonsta @ 09/10/15 04:01 PM
Quote:

We already have those teams......... Well minus barkley's suns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 72 redsox4evur @ 09/10/15 04:02 PM
Quote:
We don't need more Jordan teams we already have 4 or 5, search the forums for the answer to Barkley (it doesn't need to be mentioned for the 100th time [legitimately]), Celtics and Lakers have a ton of teams as well.

# 73 Young Coaches @ 09/10/15 04:02 PM
I'd prefer the 2001 Sixers over the Cavs but, LML

Sent from my iPhone using Tap

# 74 VDusen04 @ 09/10/15 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by getzmunney
All these new "classic" teams....did they even upgrade Jordan's looks from looking like some bum on the street?
I think that becomes the question now. Did someone take care of these teams, applying the customary 2K Details & Little Things Stamp of Approval, or will it be another Larry "Hillbilly Rod Stewart" Bird situation?

There's a lot of room for awesome details here - Drew Gooden's patch, Ben Wallace's variable hairstyle (understandably doubtful with their current head creation stuff), baby-faced LeBron James, a Michael Jordan with muscles, beardless Vince Carter, signature legend dunks, etc.

As excited as I am about these teams, I admit my spirits will be a bit crushed if a lot of corners were cut, resulting in a bald Richard Hamilton or basically anything that vaguely resembles what the classics looked like last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaneAyMane
Out of curiosity, which squad would you go with? The Elvin Hayes championship team? Or something more recent, like the Chris Webber/Juwan Howard team or Gilbert Arenas and company?

# 75 GSW @ 09/10/15 04:03 PM
Disappointed the We Believe Warriors didn't make the cut...maybe next year.

# 76 Junior Moe @ 09/10/15 04:04 PM
It's gonna be interesting playing with prime KG, Sam I Am and Spree. I remember that team. Like the year before KG did an interview with Craig Sager (or somebody) and he broke down crying because he hated losing so much. I gained a LOT of respect for dude.

# 77 23 @ 09/10/15 04:04 PM
All of those suggestions you guys made are great to be honest. Might be time to pull some of those many Lakers teams to add some useful ones.

# 78 VDusen04 @ 09/10/15 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavsFanSteve
Attachment 106174
I'm excited to use David Wesley though
Is it weird that highlight was one of the first things to come to mind when I saw the 2007 Cavs were in? I was going to make a quip about getting David Wesley's "signature layup" right then saw he wasn't on the playoff roster that year.

Quote:
Here's a list of the classic teams that have been mostly included since NBA 2K11, including the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Pistons, etc.: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ster-list.html

# 79 CookNBA03 @ 09/10/15 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Coaches
I'd prefer the 2001 Sixers over the Cavs but, LML

We already have the '01 Sixers...

# 80 Young Coaches @ 09/10/15 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
We already have the '01 Sixers...

In 2k16? [emoji102]

Reason I ask is because when I'm taking a break from gaming, I usually watch Iverson score 40+ on the Spurs, the throwback sonics and Kobe [emoji16]

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.