Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Greg Anthony will join Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg as the 3 man commentary team for NBA 2K16, as reported by our own Dustin Toms.

Greg will replace Steve Kerr, who was coaching the Golden State Warriors and commentating in NBA 2K15 at the same time. He is a super talented multitasker.

Other notes from Dustin, as he gets hands-on time with NBA 2K16 today. (More to come)
  • New Playoff structure will ship day one with #NBA2K16. No patch needed.
  • Straight from @Beluba: "Foot planting has been completely redone."
  • Between-quarter interviews during games. John Henson just talked about how he can improve this season.
  • Just finished Milwaukee vs. Atlanta (CPU). Defense much more refined...makes you play harder and smarter.
  • One quarter into Cavs vs. Kings (CPU). Difference between CLE's quickness and MIL's length very apparent.
  • Nice lob pass from Love to JR. Smith followed the pass from over the shoulder.
  • TONS of updated player hairstyles in NBA 2K16 from summer. Sounds like CAP could be in for a treat.
  • Players had COMPLETE body scans into the game. Yes, even legs.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Starwipe @ 09/10/15 07:31 PM
I can't stand Greg Anthony. May mute the commentary this year lol.

# 62 apbuitron @ 09/10/15 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
I can't handle Kellogg another year I'm sorry. That little whistle he has in his speech impediment drives me insane.

It would be nice if 2K would follow in SCEA's footsteps and allow you to turn down the volume of the individual commentators.
Wouldn't work. 2k commentary has too much interplay between the announcers.

# 63 LingeringRegime @ 09/10/15 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apbuitron
Wouldn't work. 2k commentary has too much interplay between the announcers.
Nah, it would work. There would just be dead air space on the other end. That is the way it is in the show.

# 64 rudeworld @ 09/10/15 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
This animation bugs me...this is where the defender automatically jumps up and there's nothing you can do. I really hope this doesn't happen too often.
I've seen pg's use this move on centers and get the bucket... like the move is kryptonite or something.... I don't like it but I've seen gourds do it. If it's in the... lol well we can really say this (judging from what I've seen thus far).

# 65 BDM313 @ 09/10/15 07:46 PM
Now replace Clark Kellogg but Greg Anthony is cool.

# 66 Da-Man @ 09/10/15 07:49 PM
Not a bad choice....I would love to hear an audio sample with banter between the 3 though.

# 67 Bolt957 @ 09/10/15 07:56 PM
I would've like to see them get Chris Webber on color commentary. Maybe down the road, they could afford to have multiple commentary teams that are randomized every game.

# 68 BMDinTDOT @ 09/10/15 08:13 PM
Not a bad choice only thing is GA and Kellog are more known for being NCAA announcers even though GA is on NBA TV often pre hooker incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 69 Yankees_CT @ 09/10/15 08:14 PM
I actually like Kellogg, think he comes over great in video game form, which seems to be hard to do for other games. Anyway, I'm really interested to feel/see how the new foot planting works.

# 70 Gosens6 @ 09/10/15 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb08
I say Barkley or Miller would have been better

I really wish people would understand these two just DONT want to be in the game. It's not 2Ks decision, it's Barkley and Miller.

# 71 Daddy123 @ 09/10/15 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I really wish people would understand these two just DONT want to be in the game. It's not 2Ks decision, it's Barkley and Miller.

and besides if you have ever watched NBA and seen Miller do commentary and still want him..

# 72 BA2929 @ 09/10/15 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
That's not being fair because she's not a contracted commentator she's a sideline reporter
She actually does ESPN NBA Countdown too. She's 100% an ESPN employee with a multi-year contract with them and is referred to as a commentator.

She's done color commentary (not just sidelines) for NBA and college games for ESPN as well.

# 73 Vinny315 @ 09/10/15 08:57 PM
People are so ignorent they will find anything to cry over "oh the curry layup it shouldve been blocked" NEWSFLASH everything isnt blockable .... "oh the animations looked to sucked in" JUST DONT GET THE GAME AND S.T.F.U like everything is surposed to happen the way you thought it out .They said the cheese and stuck animations are GONE wait to get the game yourself and find out AND STOP B*TCHING

# 74 BluFu @ 09/10/15 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
This animation bugs me...this is where the defender automatically jumps up and there's nothing you can do. I really hope this doesn't happen too often.
Although this probably is a 'helpless two man animation', there's a chance it isn't. Remember, there's a 'straight up vertical contest' command now so maybe that was initiated by whoever was controlling Dwight and Curry took advantage of that.

# 75 Sinner @ 09/10/15 09:06 PM
So glad Greg Anthony is joining the commentary crew in this game, was really worried it would be Reggie Miller. I personally like Greg and think he does pretty good.

# 76 TheBadazz @ 09/10/15 09:07 PM
Isn't it good to play a game that the coach of a team isnt the color guy. Relax and enjoy.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

# 77 vannwolfhawk @ 09/10/15 09:08 PM
Great choice IMO! I was really hoping it wasn't Reggie or webber or even Kenny as they just aren't there yet. I think Greg fits right in with Kellogg and Harlan too. I actually like Anthony as a broadcaster especially in college games.

# 78 Goffs @ 09/10/15 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny315
People are so ignorent they will find anything to cry over "oh the curry layup it shouldve been blocked" NEWSFLASH everything isnt blockable .... "oh the animations looked to sucked in" JUST DONT GET THE GAME AND S.T.F.U like everything is surposed to happen the way you thought it out .They said the cheese and stuck animations are GONE wait to get the game yourself and find out AND STOP B*TCHING
Nope I will keep bringing this up till you really get a meltdown. Because I do love a good meltdown.

I look forward to all the canned animations this year. Pop a vessel yet?

# 79 TheBadazz @ 09/10/15 09:15 PM
Now what would be sweet is Greg Anthony and Kenny Smith throw little jabs at each other during broadcasts like they do in real life.

# 80 Goffs @ 09/10/15 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadazz
Now what would be sweet is Greg Anthony and Kenny Smith throw little jabs at each other during broadcasts like they do in real life.

Now this would be awesome while playing the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.