Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The Madden NFL 16 roster update is available now, so fire up those consoles and download them. If EA releases a blog with the details and spreadsheet of all the changes, we will update this post.

Until then, let us know what you are seeing.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jahswill @ 09/11/15 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Yep, those were the ones I saw. But the update has no increases that I've come across yet. Maybe someone else has seen a couple players with increases?
Chris Ivory saw an increase of +2 in speed 86-88.

# 22 HozAndMoose @ 09/11/15 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Are teams pretty accurate or a lot of missing players?

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
Only went through the Chiefs so far but they have everyone that made the roster / IR and some practice squad guys.

# 23 RexDEAFootball @ 09/11/15 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk

Tweets from Rex this past week
For example.....

Brent Grimes (+5 to 86)
Alan Ball (+3 to 86)
JaCorey Shepherd (+3 to 88)
Malcolm Butler (+4 to 88)
Charles Tillman (+4 to 85)
etc...

# 24 HozAndMoose @ 09/11/15 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile19
Nope just sorted CBs by age in the main roster file and they are all still in the mid 80s

Spoiler
There were some increases for sure. Grimes was 81 before.

# 25 JumpOffMang @ 09/11/15 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
For example.....

Brent Grimes (+5 to 86)
Alan Ball (+3 to 86)
etc...
Will these speed increases help to counter the high speed of incoming rookies? Or will the rookie speed be reduced?

# 26 Sphinx @ 09/11/15 07:10 PM
Quote:
For example.....

Brent Grimes (+5 to 86)
Alan Ball (+3 to 86)
etc...
I stand corrected, speed changes are there. I had only looked at a couple of teams.

# 27 luke4387 @ 09/11/15 07:12 PM
Quick question - when starting a new CFM, 'use active roster' is the 53 players plus those on injured reserve etc? If choosing pre-season roster, would that put players from free agent pool back on original rosters?

Sorry if it's a stupid question guys!

# 28 DAROCK2300 @ 09/11/15 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I stand corrected, speed changes are there. I had only looked at a couple of teams.
Hopefully now everyone shuts up about it and gets on with the NFL season. The Patriots did...

# 29 Find_the_Door @ 09/11/15 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkocjay
boldin is 80 speed smh thats all i seen so far
He was 78 before I believe so that's an adjustment

# 30 Oldsmobile19 @ 09/11/15 07:23 PM
Yea I stand corrected too. I couldn't quite remember where the stock rosters stood. I am cool with all of it, just happy I can finally start my CFM. 81 to 86 speed boosts are pretty good, I am hoping people were not expecting speeds to go up to 90 or so.....

# 31 RexDEAFootball @ 09/11/15 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOffMang
Will these speed increases help to counter the high speed of incoming rookies? Or will the rookie speed be reduced?
Yeah, countering the rookie WR speeds was part of the intent. I felt it was the best option we had available to us to narrow the gap between rookie WR's and veteran DB's. Also community feedback was pretty consistent about some of these guys speeds being way off base, so hopefully you guys are happy with the changes.

# 32 lvann4x @ 09/11/15 07:26 PM
I loaded the out-of-the-box roster, sorted CB's by age, took photos of all CB's 30 and up, then loaded the Updated roster, and compared.
Here are the SPD changes for players 30 and Up (several players from the original roster are not on the Update, at least not at CB anymore):
T Newman 0
L Mathis +3
C Tillman +4
B Grimes +5
T Williams +1
T Jennings 0
J Joseph 0
A Cromartie 0
A Jones 0
D Hall 0
B Browner +5
C Williams 0
Z Bowman 0
M Jenkins 0
L McKelvin 0
T Brown 0
W Gay +3
A Ball +3
J Wilson 0
L Hall 0
R Island 0
R Marshall 0
G Toler 0

# 33 brandon27 @ 09/11/15 07:26 PM
Big thanks to Rex & Company for allowing Miami's default roster to have no FB!

Best roster update ever on that fact alone!

# 34 Cpre5 @ 09/11/15 07:29 PM
It's kinda freaky looking at the injury list.

Complete ACL Tear x infinity

# 35 shadowking42 @ 09/11/15 07:31 PM
Quote:
For example.....

Brent Grimes (+5 to 86)
Alan Ball (+3 to 86)
etc...
Yeah, I was just gonna say, the Grimes one jumped out at me immediately since he was at like an 80-81. I'm thankful they did this at least.

# 36 dallas72 @ 09/11/15 07:35 PM
No IR wtf........J NELSON still a starter, Scandick ect ect.......all this wait for just a few free agent moves????.......so your saying ALL 3 Cowboys rbs are 76s lol......that sounds like the didn't put in much effort...

# 37 Robo COP @ 09/11/15 07:36 PM
I'm still not a fan of the huge disparity between incoming rookie speeds and speeds of veterans that are still deemed to be burners, but at least there is improvement.

# 38 Robo COP @ 09/11/15 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas72
No IR wtf........J NELSON still a starter, Scandick ect ect.......all this wait for just a few free agent moves????.......so your saying ALL 3 Cowboys rbs are 76s lol......that sounds like the didn't put in much effort...
what are you talking about? Nelson and Scandrick are definitely injured in the roster

And that's a pretty accurate picture of the Cowboys backfield right now...there's a reason none of them have been deemed a starter yet

# 39 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 09/11/15 07:46 PM
They finally gave WR John Brown from the Cardinals a haircut! He hasn't had dreads for a while lol

# 40 lvann4x @ 09/11/15 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
It's kinda freaky looking at the injury list.

Complete ACL Tear x infinity
Man, pro athletes are getting too big. More muscle and leaner, but still heavier, and their bone structure/frame is still the same size. An adult's frame is what it is, and can only support so much weight. I really think it'd be better if NFL players dropped their weight by 10% across the board. By better, I think we'd see fewer injuries to joints/knees/shoulders/hips if these guys weren't toting around so much beef at world-class speeds.
Will players start dropping weight overnight to lower injury risk? No. But it's possible that this will become a trend in the future if studies support this theory, much like full-contact practices have been scaled back to protect the brain-health of players.
By no means can increased weights explain away all injuries in a violent game, but I think it's a major contributing factor. Same goes for the rash of Tommy John surgeries for pitchers.
I heard an interview with Dr. James Andrews, the Tommy John surgery guru, and he mentioned the increased size of athletes as a factor.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.