Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The Madden NFL 16 roster update is available now, so fire up those consoles and download them. If EA releases a blog with the details and spreadsheet of all the changes, we will update this post.

Until then, let us know what you are seeing.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 HozAndMoose @ 09/11/15 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvann4x
Man, pro athletes are getting too big. More muscle and leaner, but still heavier, and their bone structure/frame is still the same size. An adult's frame is what it is, and can only support so much weight. I really think it'd be better if NFL players dropped their weight by 10% across the board. By better, I think we'd see fewer injuries to joints/knees/shoulders/hips if these guys weren't toting around so much beef at world-class speeds.
Will players start dropping weight overnight to lower injury risk? No. But it's possible that this will become a trend in the future if studies support this theory, much like full-contact practices have been scaled back to protect the brain-health of players.
By no means can increased weights explain away all injuries in a violent game, but I think it's a major contributing factor. Same goes for the rash of Tommy John surgeries for pitchers.
I heard an interview with Dr. James Andrews, the Tommy John surgery guru, and he mentioned the increased size of athletes as a factor.
I think he was talking about everyone that is on IR in real life is listed as ACL tear in game even if thats not their injury.

# 42 BlackBetty15 @ 09/11/15 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
what are you talking about? Nelson and Scandrick are definitely injured in the roster

And that's a pretty accurate picture of the Cowboys backfield right now...there's a reason none of them have been deemed a starter yet
I love the Cowboys too...unless Dmac can go a whole season 76 is about as high as he can go. Lol Healthy...I would go 10 points higher

# 43 Moegames @ 09/11/15 07:54 PM
In before the baby tantru... Edit too late

just kidding

# 44 lvann4x @ 09/11/15 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I think he was talking about everyone that is on IR in real life is listed as ACL tear in game even if thats not their injury.
I see. I still think it's a valid point, albeit off topic lol

# 45 LowerWolf @ 09/11/15 08:00 PM
I'm not at home or I'd check myself but did Jarryd Hayne make it?

# 46 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 09/11/15 08:00 PM
Just a couple of jersey corrections that should be included in the next update if you're still watching Rex. The following players should all be wearing Sleeveless jerseys instead of normal.

LeSean McCoy
Jameis Winston
Darren McFadden
DeMarco Murray
Brandon Marshall
Eric Decker
Randall Cobb
Earl Thomas

Also Vontae Davis has been wearing high socks for about 2 years & Jameis Winston wears low socks now.

Nice update by the way!

# 47 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 09/11/15 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Yeah but they don't have his profile pic though.

# 48 Cpre5 @ 09/11/15 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
I love the Cowboys too...unless Dmac can go a whole season 76 is about as high as he can go. Lol Healthy...I would go 10 points higher
Just started a new 49er CFM and saw the Cowboy immediately cut McFadden, Michael, Johnson.

# 49 Robo COP @ 09/11/15 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
72 ovr
87 speed
84 str
84 agi
88 acc
88 trk
64 elu
85 bcv
84 sfa
69 spm
75 jkm
85 car
71 cth (47 rte, 64 cit, 60 spc, 60 rls)
59 pbk, 56 rbk, 53 ibl
93 ret
94 sta
94 inj

Now I kind of want to trade for him, lol

and 53 tackling with 20s in most defensive categories (was hoping he could be convertable to defense since he played rugby and should be a decent tackler)

# 50 thehitokiri @ 09/11/15 08:10 PM
started a online CFM and McDonald for the Niners still has the dreads. If I start a CFM with the preseason roster he doesn't have them but then Haynes is not on the lineup. I then started my online CFM with the latest rosters and McDonald has the ugly dreadlocks.

# 51 mfp @ 09/11/15 08:13 PM
Forgive me if I'm missing something, I'm new to Madden, but they've correctly got Kirk Cousins as the the #1 in Washington, and yet he's the lowest rated QB on the roster... how does that make sense?

Anyone who's been watching knows he runs Gruden's offense FAR better than RG3, so why the lower rating?

# 52 Cpre5 @ 09/11/15 08:13 PM
I thought they fixed FA going missing, I'm still seeing guys get cut and vanish.

# 53 Skyboxer @ 09/11/15 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
Forgive me if I'm missing something, I'm new to Madden, but they've correctly got Kirk Cousins as the the #1 in Washington, and yet he's the lowest rated QB on the roster... how does that make sense?

Anyone who's been watching knows he runs Gruden's offense FAR better than RG3, so why the lower rating?
You're putting too much into the overall. Even before the roster update Cousins was my starter as he played a lot better for me even though rated lower in overall.

I'm someone who wished visible ratings would go away but that's wishfull thinking.
I play who performs best regardless of overall.
Hopefully one day Madden CPU coaches will base playing time by on field performance on not a "Number"

# 54 NoleFan @ 09/11/15 08:23 PM
Shoot....wish I'd seen this before I came downstairs to have a bite to eat. I would set up my CFM lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 55 D81SKINS @ 09/11/15 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
You're putting too much into the overall. Even before the roster update Cousins was my starter as he played a lot better for me even though rated lower in overall.

I'm someone who wished visible ratings would go away but that's wishfull thinking.
Hopefully one day Madden CPU coaches will base playing time by on field performance on not a "Number"
Same here!
Cousins does seem to throw better from the pocket and it's all about the challenge of getting him rated higher during my 32 team CFM!
If I play well, it won't be a problem getting his ratings increased.

I give it up to Rex and EA this year! They've done more for Madden than any other group has in a LONG TIME!
You guys/kids who complain about a player not having the right shirt or socks is so ridiculous imo.
The gameplay is what matters! Can I win w/ football strategy or is it like the old Madden days where anyone who knew how to sprint and press a button win.

Now a bunch of guys start complaining b/c there wasn't a bunch of speed hikes! Oh well, did you guys know the fastest players in the league are also the youngest!?
Overall I am well pleased w/ this year's Madden and the direction Rex and crew are going (sim)
Also this is the 1st year that I haven't had the need to change a bunch of sliders around. I have an equal based set on AP(in the sliders section) and it is playing so good.
I'm so pumped to start my CFM w/ the updated rosters!
Thanks EA Tiburon!

# 56 beeryooper @ 09/11/15 08:36 PM
So started a Cowboys CFM got to week 1 and went to re-sign players and they have Dez in the list, even though the roster outside of cfm clearly shows a 5 year contract with 5 years left?

# 57 mixxx01 @ 09/11/15 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile19
Nope just sorted CBs by age in the main roster file and they are all still in the mid 80s

So what none of those guys can keep up with young burners IRL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 58 mfp @ 09/11/15 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer

Okay, great, thanks for the input. I'm new enough to the game that it's hard for me to look beyond what's right in front of me.

# 59 mfp @ 09/11/15 08:48 PM
Question about the rosters and CFM: what is the difference in the rosters you work with between starting at the regular season vs preseason?

If I start in the preseason, are we using the rosters prior to the most recent update?

# 60 Cpre5 @ 09/11/15 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
Question about the rosters and CFM: what is the difference in the rosters you work with between starting at the regular season vs preseason?

If I start in the preseason, are we using the rosters prior to the most recent update?
Yes it's the old, just tested it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.