Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

The Oklahoma City Thunder and the New Orleans Pelicans square off in this new NBA 2K16 video. Check out Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook as they go to work against Anthony Davis and the Pelicans. We get a behind the action view on this one with good viewpoints of the arenas coming alive and more. With over five minutes of gameplay, this one is a must watch. So go and do just that, and then leave a comment on what you see!

(Also scope out Steven Adams rocking his new wild-man look.)

You can also watch this video on YouTube. Feel free to Subscribe to our channel while there if you want.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 gremdog8 @ 09/14/15 03:17 PM
Around 50-55 seconds, westbrook is out of bounds when calling for it and when he catches it and plants seems he steps over the out of bounds but could just been the camera angle. Seen same issue in the rockets/clippers as well where beverly was calling for a pass on the wing but had a foot out of bounds when doing so.

# 42 DBMcGee3 @ 09/14/15 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myathebee
That shot at 1:21 has me feeling concerned..It looked like KD was being guarded pretty well off that screen and his man was right there...Notice the green bar under the defender's feet.
Sheeeeeit, KD makes that shot in his sleep. The guy has a length mismatch on virtually anyone who guards him.

I think it looks amazing, especially the AI from the CPU. Absolutely beautiful game, both cosmetically and under the hood as well.

# 43 TheDuggler @ 09/14/15 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
I'm actually liking how Greg Anthony sounds, not overdone just simple and effective.

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk
Totally agree.

It might sound weird but the sound of his voice brings a good balance with Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg. I feel like I am watching local announcers rather than network announcers if that makes any sense

# 44 raiderphantom @ 09/14/15 03:24 PM
Attachment 106339

Loved the vid, but what's up with this triple team stack defense? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 45 Da_Czar @ 09/14/15 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myathebee
That shot at 1:21 has me feeling concerned..It looked like KD was being guarded pretty well off that screen and his man was right there...Notice the green bar under the defender's feet.

I think if anything after you guys play the game you will feel that shots like that may not go down enough for great shooters. Will be interesting to see how this thing shakes out once you all get the game and get comfortable.

# 46 yonly1ME @ 09/14/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I think if anything after you guys play the game you will feel that shots like that may not go down enough for great shooters. Will be interesting to see how this thing shakes out once you all get the game and get comfortable.
True, there is only so much that we can get out of 3-4 min clips of someone playing the game instead of ourselves and formulate our opinions off our own experiences.

# 47 LouAllDay @ 09/14/15 03:47 PM
I think that might be the first time ever that I'm actually impressed by a gameplay video. Offline play will be a challenge this year.

# 48 JazzMan @ 09/14/15 03:50 PM
Nice to see Kanter get burned by Ajinca on that late pick and roll.

Hopefully defensive ratings will impact the game more so than last year. It felt like there wasn't any significant drop offs between good defenders and bad ones, all that mattered was shot-blocking.

# 49 TheDuggler @ 09/14/15 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
Attachment 106339

Loved the vid, but what's up with this triple team stack defense? Haha

Oh boy thats bad lmao

# 50 swac07 @ 09/14/15 03:56 PM
lol they even have the refs mic'ed during freethrows thats crazy .."two shots.."

# 51 catfish9-5 @ 09/14/15 03:59 PM
Still didnt see that "explosion" to get around defender. Especially with KD going off screen. Good movement up to that point then it's like it "quick sands" ball handler to help defense. Maybe it's just me. I like the camera view.

# 52 LemonHeart @ 09/14/15 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
take this **** somewhere else,chief.

nah he right tho...

at this point i dont even think the competition aspect motivates 2k at all.

they seem to be self motivated to bring their best regardless of the rest.

# 53 magicman32 @ 09/14/15 05:23 PM
Simply amazing gameplay. Looks like they polished the sliding on the pass catch animations. Spacing and foot planting looks improved. Contact animations look improved all around. Wow!!! I'm really impressed.

# 54 Goffs @ 09/14/15 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasE32
Didnt they say something about full body scans? In my memory Ajinca is probably the biggest player in NBA with the thinnest legs. Yet in this video his legs are huge.

Just google Alexis Ajinca legs..
Yep just checked and he has some scrawny legs.

# 55 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 09/14/15 07:07 PM
Love this camera view! Looks like they granted my wish & added an Auto flip option to the Action cam! I hope they added an auto flip option to all camera angles this year specifically the Perimeter cam.

# 56 jmaj315 @ 09/14/15 07:45 PM
Ajinca shoving Collison after the dunk lollll

I love this camera angle! It's like the replay cam/ that one cam they use in the commercials with the big heads. you know what i mean?

# 57 lakers24 @ 09/14/15 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasE32
Didnt they say something about full body scans? In my memory Ajinca is probably the biggest player in NBA with the thinnest legs. Yet in this video his legs are huge.

Just google Alexis Ajinca legs..
You have to be body scanned, and as far as I know I don't remember seeing a pic of Ajinca being body scanned. Dwight is another guy I haven't seen get body scanned (I wish he would though if for no other reason than his damn hair lol).

# 58 scottyp180 @ 09/14/15 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonHeart
nah he right tho...

at this point i dont even think the competition aspect motivates 2k at all.

they seem to be self motivated to bring their best regardless of the rest.
I know mods don't like people engaging in these type of conversations but I've wanted to say something about this. I feel like both games are competiting with themselves at this point. 2k16 is competiting with 2k15 and people want to see just how much 2k can improve in one year. When I look at the negatives people are posting about these videos it's because they want this game to be as realistic as possible and they will notice everything that seems off. It's really not a matter of "the other game does this better" the conversation Instead is "this wouldn't happen in real life". I guess that's just a compliment as to where 2k is.

Likewise Live 16 is competing with Live 15. People are looking at the game to see how much it has improved since last year as to how close it is to 2k. I don't think it is exactly fair to compare the two because the two series are in complete different places right now. 2K knows what it is and continues to improve on it. Live is still trying to figure out where it stands and it looks like this is the year where the game will finally find its footing

# 59 lgxjames @ 09/14/15 08:28 PM
Gameplay looked amazing. Only thing that instantly caught my attention was the commentary; it seemed like anthony was sort of layed on top of the rest of the commentary with Harlen and the other guy.

# 60 JoFri @ 09/14/15 08:40 PM
i think this was mentioned in the post. just to add on.

at the 2:10 minute mark, augustine was triple team and he swung the ball over to KD at the top of the arc (saw that he came out from the double screen on the other side of the court, looks like CPU running a script in a play). KD swung it to westbrooks, where his man kept a close proximity to him (not prepared for help).

firstly, I thought the triple team shouldnt happen. secondly, the pass from augustine should go to collison though he may not have a offense threat but i'm sure he could go to the rim and make a play. guys what do u think?

other than this, i love the look and feel of the gameplay. good commentary by GA. the AD block was definitely awesome!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.