Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Continuing our series of NBA 2K16 gameplay videos, we have another Chicago Bulls and Memphis Grizzlies video for you to check out. This one is a bit shorter than the last one, but shows the opening tip and opening moments of the game. The big thing I'm noticing in this one is the sidelines and how alive they look. Check out the action from Memphis and be sure to comment on what you see in the video!

You can also watch the video on our YouTube page. Feel free to Subscribe while you're there if you want.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JohnnyCash2015 @ 09/14/15 11:08 AM
Where's the video? All I see is text.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 kurt2134 @ 09/14/15 11:58 AM
Damn, that's a pretty net.

# 3 bumpyface @ 09/14/15 12:01 PM
Ok.......I'm not seeing much in this video either.

# 4 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/14/15 12:02 PM
shout out to BdoubleO for putting all the clips together and breaking it all down for us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmKJvYPVkQw

# 5 milin @ 09/14/15 12:03 PM
That first layup by Rose is one the things I hate on 2K. He had an open lane, he could have tried a normal layup, but he was sucked into Conley for a contact layup, and of course, when that type of layup animation happens, you're gonna miss it everytime.

# 6 AyeBruhChill @ 09/14/15 12:05 PM
The post game looks really good and the foot planting makes a big difference with that

# 7 VDusen04 @ 09/14/15 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milin
That first layup by Rose is one the things I hate on 2K. He had an open lane, he could have tried a normal layup, but he was sucked into Conley for a contact layup, and of course, when that type of layup animation happens, you're gonna miss it everytime.
That's a good point and I share your sentiments. Logic and physics say that probably should have been a wide-open layup off one foot from Rose, considering his momentum, his defender's momentum, and the angle he had to the hoop.

Instead, he somehow ended up like this:

Looks quite unnatural on video and makes it tough as a gamer. Rose gets a clear edge, has an open lane, and the gamer makes the right decision (to initiate what should be a swooping layup) and instead gets punished by a random catch-up body animation.

# 8 milin @ 09/14/15 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
That's a good point and I share your sentiments. Logic and physics say that probably should have been a wide-open layup off one foot from Rose, considering his momentum, his defender's momentum, and the angle he had to the hoop.

Looks quite unnatural on video and makes it tough as a gamer. Rose gets a clear edge, has an open lane, and the gamer makes the right decision (to initiate what should be a swooping layup) and instead gets punished by a random catch-up body animation.
Exactly! And you can even see that he's going to try a normal layup before being sucked into Conley, but the game decided otherwise.

# 9 AyeBruhChill @ 09/14/15 12:18 PM
# 6milin @ 09/14/15 04:03 PM

That's good defense though. He cut off a direct path to the basket and contested the shot

# 10 VDusen04 @ 09/14/15 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeBruhChill

That's good defense though. He cut off a direct path to the basket and contested the shot
Respectfully, I thought it was awful defense all the way through, which is what made the result so discouraging.

It's easiest to see it in the video itself (as opposed to screenshots) but Conley is beat pretty much off the tip. Rose is sprinting and the defender is chilling five feet away with his feet planted, basically rolling out the red carpet to the rim.

And again, as can be seen on the video, the defender is behind Rose the entire play, and rightfully so, because he was out of position from the start. This is the antithesis of cutting off a direct path, unless Rose is trying to score at center court:

Yet even then, the defender is warped via animation into creating a contested miss that never should have happened. As a one-off, I'd write it off as being a random result but I admit, I've been in that same situation many times with this game and it's frustrating to see and know a clean layup takeoff should occur but an illogical animation plays out instead. It's not a game-breaker, but it's definitely not a great aspect either.

# 11 milin @ 09/14/15 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeBruhChill

Yeah that's true, but think as a ball player. Think that you're Rose driving. Are you going to change your shot like that for a little contact on the side? What maybe should have happened is that Rose should have tried a normal layup and maybe be pushed a little by Conley, but what really happened is something that always rubs me the wrong way in 2K, and shouldn't happen with good contact physics.

# 12 juicey79 @ 09/14/15 12:28 PM
I didn't recognize a crowd reaction improvement but there is certainly an improvement to player models.

# 13 milin @ 09/14/15 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04

It's not game breaking like you said, but this happens far too often and I really hate that, especially playing My Career where the CPU is sucked into your player like glue all the time.

# 14 MontanaMan @ 09/14/15 12:33 PM
Dear 2K,

Please update Derrick:

# 15 vannwolfhawk @ 09/14/15 12:46 PM
I just watched video and have not read the thread yet, but that last possession by Bulls with Pau setting the shuffle cut screen for butler, the spacing on the floor, feeding the post then spaciing floor for him to operate was nice. Plus the help by Randolph on the cut to help was sweet.

# 16 The 24th Letter @ 09/14/15 12:53 PM
I'm good with the Rose layup sequence...makes perfect sense to me....but that should be a foul.

You got beat, you come in late to try and deter the layup and end up bumping the driver...

This should be the logic that goes into fouls rather than bailout fouls at the rim...I'm watching closely in these vid's to see if they are still present...

# 17 JerzeyReign @ 09/14/15 12:56 PM
A few of the things I noticed were mentioned already but looking at the ZBo on the right block possession, I noticed the backside players looking confused. Conley initially came off off a Gasol screen but the moment the ball was thrown into the post he ran back to the corner to do it again. Would've look more natural if he kept going after the initial and if ZBo didn't hit him on the cut, he heads back to the corner.

I'm a play junkie and little things like that stand out. Some good things as well but like others I still see some legacy issues. Things like players looking confused or repeating/wasting motions has been present for the last game or two.

# 18 noshun @ 09/14/15 01:03 PM
I like how the people in the floor seats are actually following the game. Their heads move(track) to where the ball is. And they clapped when the home team scored. Nice touch.

# 19 VDusen04 @ 09/14/15 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm good with the Rose layup sequence...makes perfect sense to me....but that should be a foul.

You got beat, you come in late to try and deter the layup and end up bumping the driver...

This should be the logic that goes into fouls rather than bailout fouls at the rim...I'm watching closely in these vid's to see if they are still present...
Yep, I agree with you regarding it being a foul. Moreover, I think I'd be more accepting of that sequence if Rose hadn't begun a one-footed layup animation (which would be the correct basketball play there) and was then randomly forced into a two-footed super contest (with or without a foul).

If a foul were committed there, I feel as though it should have been one that still would have given Rose a pretty clean takeoff and possibly very good chance of making the basket, since no one was in front of him or between him and basket.

That angle with that positioning from the offensive and defensive players usually results in two points at the rim in real life, or at least a player getting to the rim while being fouled from behind. Again, not a game-breaker, but certainly frustrating when it's happened to me.

# 20 Mickeyknoxx @ 09/14/15 03:20 PM
It's Just One Gameplay Video. The Rose lay up. Is it impossible to happen ? No. Is This An automatic Foul ? No.

We have to see if this kind of animation (missed layup and not getting a foul called) is a tendency or not. I'm Ok.. With this thing happening once or two in game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.