Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K16 trailer titled, Livin' Da Dream, A Spike Lee Joint.

The footage features an inside preview of this year's MyCAREER experience as directed by Spike Lee, specific to some of the key individuals, decisions and experiences players can expect face on their path to NBA stardom.

Make sure to read more about it here.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 younggodson22287 @ 09/23/15 04:40 PM
You must be new to 2k. Yes you can change your my player name. But you just said you not gonna play my player so why you so worried?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

# 182 Kodii Rockets @ 09/23/15 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by younggodson22287
You must be new to 2k. Yes you can change your my player name. But you just said you not gonna play my player so why you so worried?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
So by the whole 'new to 2K' thing, you're saying that in other 2K MyPlayer iterations, you've started out with a name? That THEY give you? Or do you just create a name from scratch? You certain about that aspect bruh bruh? I digress...

Again, I'm not at all 'worried' per se, I commented in this thread and you quoted me, so I responded. But as we've seen throughout this thread, there ARE others who are worried. Perhaps some definitive information, maybe even a source that makes you so sure would help to alleviate some of the concerns for people who ARE worried about it. See how that works? Each one, teach one.

# 183 Taer @ 09/23/15 05:03 PM
Kodii,

To answer your question: You may pick and chose your given name (just like 2k15). Your nick-name is given as part of the Spike Lee story we all experience and that is not changeable.

If you look into the spoiler in the "Ethnic" thread, it will explain the story to you.

In the end... any place during the game the announcers say your given name in 2k15, they will do the same in 2k16.

Any place they say an old nick in 2k15 (ie Insanity) they say Freq in 2k16.

95% of the time the announcers use the given name so it really should be a non-issue or a minimal concern.

# 184 Kodii Rockets @ 09/23/15 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Kodii,

To answer your question: You may pick and chose your given name (just like 2k15). Your nick-name is given as part of the Spike Lee story we all experience and that is not changeable.

If you look into the spoiler in the "Ethnic" thread, it will explain the story to you.

In the end... any place during the game the announcers say your given name in 2k15, they will do the same in 2k16.

Any place they say an old nick in 2k15 (ie Insanity) they say Freq in 2k16.

95% of the time the announcers use the given name so it really should be a non-issue or a minimal concern.
Clear and concise.

Myself, and any others who were 'interested in this issue' are satisfied, I'm sure. Thanks for being a productive member of the site Taer.

I'm sure you're around more than just 2K time...

# 185 Taer @ 09/23/15 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Clear and concise.

Myself, and any others who were 'interested in this issue' are satisfied, I'm sure. Thanks for being a productive member of the site Taer.

I'm sure you're around more than just 2K time...
np. I lurk everywhere else here(except a couple of posts in the NBA section).

# 186 camocablamo @ 09/28/15 03:24 PM
I know it said you can view the story mode again after you're done, but I can't find it. Any help?

# 187 chocochata.com @ 09/29/15 06:56 AM
How how is the gameplay?

# 188 temaat89 @ 09/30/15 10:01 AM
IMO, this should have been a separate mode from MyCareer. Here on OS I have seen a lot of positive and negative feedback on this mode, from the story is great to the story taking away pretty much the entire rookie year. If a similar story mode comes back in 2k17, I believe 2k should separate it out similarly to how EA separated the story mode and your career in Fight Night Champions. This should eliminate a lot of the criticisms that have come up regarding this mode, while still giving people the option to play through the story.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.