Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

The NBA Live 16 demo is available now for Xbox One gamers and is scheduled to release at 1:00 PM ET for PlayStation 4. We will update this post when it officially arrives on the PS Store.

UPDATE: It's now 2:00 PM ET, no sign of the demo on PS4, we will post when it is available.

UPDATE: The NBA Live 16 demo is available now on PS4. Click here if you can't find it.

The demo includes the new LIVE Pro-Am mode, featuring both the competitive LIVE Run and cooperative Summer Circuit. For those of you looking for an offline experience you can play exhibition games in Tip-Off mode. Users can choose from the Cleveland Cavaliers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden St. Warriors, Washington Wizards, Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Clippers. Players can adjust sliders, difficulty level, play up to 12 minute quarters and more. It also includes tutorials.

Download it, play it and post your impressions.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 621 Calvenn @ 09/27/15 07:20 PM
Guys, please give us some specifics when describing these wonderful happenings regarding gameplay. Are you playing the full game with the inclusion of the latest patch to achieve these results? Are these on default slider settings or have they been altered for more contact in the paint or both? This will help clear up some confusion and hopefully satisfy inquiring minds. Sincerely looking forward to the retail game on Tuesday.

# 622 Calvenn @ 09/27/15 07:28 PM
Oh, by the way, while harping about a need for more variety in defensive players movement or animation after a fake out or crossover, I saw a fantastic new animation unfold right before my eyes during a demo game vs Warriors. I basically hit a stutter step with Kyrie and Curry slid backwards on all fours! Has to be seen to be fully appreciated. Slick and sick as hell! I saw a similar animation in the other game last night and loved it so this is great news! Very appropriate for that play. Question: Can this type of animation be added via the daily updates? Never seen this one during my games. Hopefully they can reduce the frequency of the cpu defender completely falling for the fake. I can understand a partial freeze occurring more often. Good stuff.

# 623 nick_sr @ 09/27/15 08:09 PM
Anybody see more missed shots? Just held the cpu to 39%

# 624 whoahello @ 09/28/15 01:23 AM
Live run is very laggy for me

# 625 lebron84 @ 09/28/15 05:19 AM
which single player offline game modes are in nba live 16?
scenarios?
playoff mode?
season mode?

thank you
i play only offline e the answer is very important for me

# 626 The 24th Letter @ 09/28/15 07:02 AM
Is online head to head open?

I saw a steam last night of what looked like 2 humans. It was crazy how many dunks I saw in that short amount of time. They weren't the most "sim" of players, but they weren't the worst either. I saw at least 7-8 dunks in my little time watching. There was a point in the stream where a guy said "I didn't even mean to dunk that"....

It's like if you don't get the "shoulder block" contact animation on the initial gather you're done for....I don't see many instances where your defender walls off the driver...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 627 striker3771 @ 09/28/15 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Is online head to head open?

I saw a steam last night of what looked like 2 humans. It was crazy how many dunks I saw in that short amount of time. They weren't the most "sim" of players, but they weren't the worst either. I saw at least 7-8 dunks in my little time watching. There was a point in the stream where a guy said "I didn't even mean to dunk that"....

It's like if you don't get the "shoulder block" contact animation on the initial gather you're done for....I don't see many instances where your defender walls off the driver...

The defense online is very weak which I really hate. You can literally drive to the hole all game due to the weak inside defense. It gets very boring once you face someone that just drives into the lane all game even when you select "pack the paint" on defense.

# 628 Flightwhite24 @ 09/28/15 10:09 AM
Possibly another update. I fired this up a minute ago but the update has a date of 9/23. Only have about 10 minutes to fool with this before work. Will report back if I notice anything.

# 629 lebron84 @ 09/28/15 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebron84
which single player offline game modes are in nba live 16?
scenarios?
playoff mode?
season mode?

thank you
i play only offline e the answer is very important for me
OFFLINE modes in nbalive16???

# 630 The 24th Letter @ 09/28/15 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker3771
The defense online is very weak which I really hate. You can literally drive to the hole all game due to the weak inside defense. It gets very boring once you face someone that just drives into the lane all game even when you select "pack the paint" on defense.
Right. Very weak online and offline sans sliders. Guy's are there....but its it's cosmetic, b\c too often there is no contact. I honestly don't know if this is going to get any better with the system they have in place. It honestly seems worse than last year. Are we still waiting on THE day 1 patch or has it dropped?

# 631 bran9413 @ 09/28/15 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Would anyone say if Live 16 is a big enough upgrade to warrant a $60 purchase? I'm an offline guy.
Umm I hate to disappoint you but they completely ignored offline gamers this year. While the gameplay is better this year, Dynasty mode and Rising Star mode have been untouched this year which is upsetting.

# 632 bran9413 @ 09/28/15 08:54 PM
Quote:
Dang I like Live and 2K for different reasons. Switch up on gameplay. 2K sim and Live arcadish sim. Thanks for the info. Disappointing though.
No problem dude. The game is still awesome in my opinion it's just upsetting that they seem to only focus on one part of the game a year. Hopefully they can improve numerous modes for Live 17

# 633 nick_sr @ 09/28/15 10:24 PM
Anyone feel ea is tweaking the demo? Man I'm seeing some amazing things! Can't wait for 3pm tomorrow so I can fly home from work lol

# 634 nick_sr @ 09/28/15 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bran9413
Umm I hate to disappoint you but they completely ignored offline gamers this year. While the gameplay is better this year, Dynasty mode and Rising Star mode have been untouched this year which is upsetting.

Online won't be as bad now tgat you can't spam steal like the previous year's.

# 635 nick_sr @ 09/28/15 10:29 PM
Quote:
So the gameplay isn't enough to warrant a purchase then? Sorry, last question If not I'll stick with 15.
Well I'll let you know tomorrow. If your a guy that loves playing in the post I would wait until it's on sale. Post game has improved but still needs work.

# 636 WTF @ 09/28/15 10:46 PM
Yep, I played again tonight and was seeing some great contact animations and shot adjustments. Some really good things.

I simmed a few seasons in Dynasty, stats were on point. I'd say w gameplay updates, although largely the same as 15, I can make it through a few seasons.

# 637 Walt Frazier @ 09/28/15 11:32 PM
Just tried the demo again...it is now entirely locked except for the pro am.

I.e. You can no longer play a Bulls v Clippers game etc.

I guess that makes sense as the demo really was overly generous.

It does mean those of us without the full game will not be able to test the day one patch for gameplay differences though.

# 638 Calvenn @ 09/28/15 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Just tried the demo again...it is now entirely locked except for the pro am.

I.e. You can no longer play a Bulls v Clippers game etc.

I guess that makes sense as the demo really was overly generous.

It does mean those of us without the full game will not be able to test the day one patch for gameplay differences though.
That shouldn't be the case, I am playing Bulls Vs Clippers as we speak and just loaded the game. In fact, according to Sean Obrien, you'll have full access to the demo and all its features indefinitely. There is no time limitation basically.

# 639 nick_sr @ 09/28/15 11:42 PM
Ye I was just playing n they said u can still continue to play proam

# 640 iFnotWhyNoT @ 10/02/15 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
That shouldn't be the case, I am playing Bulls Vs Clippers as we speak and just loaded the game. In fact, according to Sean Obrien, you'll have full access to the demo and all its features indefinitely. There is no time limitation basically.
I just loaded up the demo since the other game dropped, and everything is locked. No tip off or pro-am for me, it only tells me to buy the full game. I remember someone saying it was going to be indefinitely too, just wondering if its working for others?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.