Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

The NBA Live 16 demo is available now for Xbox One gamers and is scheduled to release at 1:00 PM ET for PlayStation 4. We will update this post when it officially arrives on the PS Store.

UPDATE: It's now 2:00 PM ET, no sign of the demo on PS4, we will post when it is available.

UPDATE: The NBA Live 16 demo is available now on PS4. Click here if you can't find it.

The demo includes the new LIVE Pro-Am mode, featuring both the competitive LIVE Run and cooperative Summer Circuit. For those of you looking for an offline experience you can play exhibition games in Tip-Off mode. Users can choose from the Cleveland Cavaliers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden St. Warriors, Washington Wizards, Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Clippers. Players can adjust sliders, difficulty level, play up to 12 minute quarters and more. It also includes tutorials.

Download it, play it and post your impressions.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 TreyIM2 @ 09/15/15 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
BTW I was able to confirm that the demo does NOT contain the Day 1 Patch. Hoping to get a better sense of what's going to be in that patch soon.

Can't believe we're still 2 weeks away. Kinda crazy.
Gunna need that patch for this demo even if they release a modified version of it when they patch the retail game.

# 82 WTF @ 09/15/15 07:18 PM
I'm thinking that once the Day 1 patch, it will transfer over to the demo as well, so if you're having issues right now, make sure you try back once it drops. I can vouch that it fixes a TON of stuff.

# 83 jpollack34 @ 09/15/15 07:23 PM
After trying the demo, my complaint unfortunately is the same complaint I have for all EA sports titles. The game lacks soul/a heartbeat. It feels generic and has that "mass-produced" kind of feeling. That is to say, there's not enough individuality/player-specific-animations that make you feel like your playing anything other than just a video game.

# 84 Philstat @ 09/15/15 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpollack34
After trying the demo, my complaint unfortunately is the same complaint I have for all EA sports titles. The game lacks soul/a heartbeat. It feels generic and has that "mass-produced" kind of feeling. That is to say, there's not enough individuality/player-specific-animations that make you feel like your playing anything other than just a video game.
MY thoughts exactly, felt the same way with Madden 16 this year.

# 85 Ragnar53 @ 09/15/15 07:29 PM
This game isn't bad.

Positives:

I love the shooting meter and the percentages that pop up.

I like some of the post up animations they do have in the game.

I like some of the dunks. The crossovers are good (gotta get more used to them to explode out at the correct time). Triple Threat is so good at getting that little bit to pull up for a jump shot without it showing up as heavily guarded.

Negatives.

HATE. HATE. HATE. The teleport layups. Only way to block/contest those is to time your jump way earlier than you should have too. Just got 3 blocks with both Durant and Ibaka doing just that (as far as timing wise). And when you do get the block it kinda feels like bullying because on one hand, why the **** are they teleporting from 18 feet out straight to the rim, but on the other hand so long as you time it...it's a block 50% of the time. Other 40% of the time results in a miss. Which means unless they beat you with jumpers, no way should the computer be scoring inside unless it's with a post player or off of an offensive rebound.

The rebounding animations are bad. I hate the fact the meters/percentages aren't there on postup shots. Face up animation is terrible.

Animations in general are not up to industry standard.

Can't speak on Pro-Am, because I'm stuck at 29% (any fixes for that? Just tried resetting and that didn't work).

All in all, it's not bad. There are a lot of positives to be had, also a lot of negatives.

# 86 mrprice33 @ 09/15/15 07:32 PM
Btw, whatever the issue is with sock lengths, it is not present in the learn live section of the game. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 87 iFnotWhyNoT @ 09/15/15 07:40 PM
So i just played a ton of games, as far as tip off games go with NBA teams its rough to say the least. I played on superstar and with the contact slider up, i saw SOME semblance of interior defense but you get sucked right out of enjoyment when your constantly pausing and replaying weird animations. The transition between animations is the worst part. When you drive, euro-step, and press a pass they spazz a bit. The free-throw animations are terribly ugly too. When your not using the meter like myself, i watch for the form to know when to release and the release is really rough looking, its like a push/jerk. I noticed some AI issues as well, the late game intentional fouling, but we know its been talked about to death.

As for Pro-Am...besides the gameplay with funky animations, when you get a good team its really fun... I HAVE TO SAY THO, EA please fix the broadcast camera for guys who choose to play with that camera on PRO-Am. The camera stays on the ball, so after you score you cant see where your player is in relation to who hes guarding until the ball is in-bounded and brought up court. By then you lose track and its easy buckets for the other team. If your going to have the camera available at least make it functional on offence and defense. It's not the totally sim experience i was hoping it would be with the whole class restrictions and whatnot but its still too early to tell.

Overall no surprises, i never liked the look/fluidity of the animations for live and its still a problem for me today. I see the progress, but im also wondering why this wasn't what we got, gameplay wise, for Live 14 because this should not be three year next-gen basketball.

# 88 Flightwhite24 @ 09/15/15 07:47 PM
Damn this looks nice

# 89 Teddy_Long @ 09/15/15 07:58 PM
thought the demo was more than 2 teams?

# 90 Agame @ 09/15/15 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'm thinking that once the Day 1 patch, it will transfer over to the demo as well, so if you're having issues right now, make sure you try back once it drops. I can vouch that it fixes a TON of stuff.
Still Positive and Thirsty my Friend.

Lots of Positive action on the Outside and some in the Post. Interaction for body contact before the shot is pretty sweet. Post play, rebounds, passing- Counting on the Patch. Attractive game & flow of players when it's in motion.

# 91 scottyp180 @ 09/15/15 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Ok, for ppl on PS4 with the long download times, u can restart your system and/or keep pausing and unpausing the download to get ahorter times. I do either of these but usually both when downloading on my 4. What I don't understand is how my wireless router is right near both my 4 and 3 yet still have these probs on wireless even if only not many wireless connections at same. Keep forgetting to order ehternet cables....

Now, to my early impressions of this demo after 3qtrs of Thunder vs Cavs - Meh. Looked promising in the vids but the feel and movement is still not there. Frames of animation are still missing causing some weirdly quick looking animations that don't look natural and human, the defense is slippery as hell even with the 'defensive assist' button being held, rebounding is a pain and that steal button just never gets fixed nor are there proper steal animations.

That's all I can think of that I disliked. As for what I like is the look of the players although they can still be toned down to a more realistic look. Still has a caroonish 'tinge' to them they way they look with the colors but still not bad.
I like the crowd and sideline ppl head tracking, or what seems to be head tracking. Subtle but noticeable. Want a broadcast cam, tho. I can't change the settings cuz they're locked and some 18% install is stuck .

The sounds go without saying. Live has been, uhh, live with that for ages, now. Best in biz with that. Paid littlw attention to the commentary tho.

I'll leave it there.
The ESPN camera is essentially the broadcast cam and it is a lot better than the default camera imo. Not going to change your overall opinion of the game but the camera is much better.

# 92 nick_sr @ 09/15/15 08:03 PM
Yoooooo ooo oo some of you guys be on some other hating stuff 4real out here smh. Man this game is nice!!!!! Love the new camera, graphics n crowd noise.

# 93 Flightwhite24 @ 09/15/15 08:05 PM
No doubt they have made a HUGE jump this year. They have renewed my faith

# 94 The 24th Letter @ 09/15/15 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Glad to hear I wasn't crazy by actually finding quite a bit of enjoyment in the game this year.

I can already tell it's going to get a lot more run from me than '15....I feel like I spent most last year just hoping it would get better, then finally gave up...this time I like the base that is there...if we can iron out some issues we'll be in business. Thanks again to you and WTF for pushing feedback...

Again, I'll give the Live team props...

and now that I have I gotta call em out on one thing...

"Best in class animation?"

http://youtu.be/iHQxE-CNKkA

# 95 nick_sr @ 09/15/15 08:09 PM
Love the off ball movement

Upset the pull-up animations didn't get worked on

Love that the pnr is op as last year so far

Love tgat they listened n other ball handlers bring the ball up instead of the pg all the time.

Cpu throwing more lobs

Post game is nice but the back down needs to be revamped

Too many missed shots at the basket like the other game

# 96 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/15/15 08:16 PM
This weakass demo is stuck at 19%, so all I can do is play this one game with a horrible camera view. Argh.

# 97 WTF @ 09/15/15 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I can already tell it's going to get a lot more run from me than '15....I feel like I spent most last year just hoping it would get better, then finally gave up...this time I like the base that is there...if we can iron out some issues we'll be in business. Thanks again to you and WTF for pushing feedback...

Again, I'll give the Live team props...

and now that I have I gotta call em out on one thing...

"Best in class animation?"

http://youtu.be/iHQxE-CNKkA

Yeah, the Best in Class animation comment needs to be retracted, as there is still some WTF moments in there, especially on some of the adjusted/altered shots and layups.

But once you play against Harden, Melo, those types of guys... it gets really interesting, really quick.

The fact that the AI will use their signature moves, sizeups, step backs, pull up jumpers, etc is a thing of beauty, and really makes you have to make the adjustments on defense, or else you'll get lit up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Love the off ball movement

Upset the pull-up animations didn't get worked on
That's one of the transitional animations thats in the Day 1 as well. May not fix all instances, but it was very smooth on the final build they showed us
Love that the pnr is op as last year so far

Love tgat they listened n other ball handlers bring the ball up instead of the pg all the time.

Cpu throwing more lobs
And there are some VERY nice tipped animations that the CPU will still try to recover, but ultimately fail on lobs.
Post game is nice but the back down needs to be revamped

Weight is really tweaked in the Day 1, some very nice physical backdowns.
Too many missed shots at the basket like the other game

Tweak it with sliders, unless you're talking about ProAm, then... yeah. The live team will be monitoring all ProAm feedback to remedy the OP things.

# 98 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 09/15/15 08:23 PM
I'm having fun with this but I'm not a fan of the shooting and finishing. It feels way too easy to make jumpers and finish layups/dunks, and that is with low rated created guys with barely any upgrades.

# 99 Black_Tom_Brady @ 09/15/15 08:24 PM
anyone on ps4 having to wait forever foe the game to fully install to get access to prom am etc...???? been waiting 4 hours installation at 27%

# 100 BA2929 @ 09/15/15 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
This weakass demo is stuck at 19%, so all I can do is play this one game with a horrible camera view. Argh.
Just a guess, as I just started a remote download on it but:

Try turning off your PS4 for about 30 min and let it download in the background. If it doesn't go up from 19% then you might delete and start over.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.