Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

The NBA Live 16 demo is available now for Xbox One gamers and is scheduled to release at 1:00 PM ET for PlayStation 4. We will update this post when it officially arrives on the PS Store.

UPDATE: It's now 2:00 PM ET, no sign of the demo on PS4, we will post when it is available.

UPDATE: The NBA Live 16 demo is available now on PS4. Click here if you can't find it.

The demo includes the new LIVE Pro-Am mode, featuring both the competitive LIVE Run and cooperative Summer Circuit. For those of you looking for an offline experience you can play exhibition games in Tip-Off mode. Users can choose from the Cleveland Cavaliers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden St. Warriors, Washington Wizards, Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Clippers. Players can adjust sliders, difficulty level, play up to 12 minute quarters and more. It also includes tutorials.

Download it, play it and post your impressions.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 WTF @ 09/15/15 08:25 PM

# 102 nick_sr @ 09/15/15 08:26 PM
Man they got lebron playing like a monster 4 real

Game is too slow like when 14 was released

Rebounds are much better

# 103 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 09/15/15 08:28 PM
Lebron was dunking on me every time but I adjusted and my defence shut him down in the second half. I can't wait till this demo finishes installing, really wanna hop on pro-am. Having a blast with 16 thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 104 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/15/15 08:28 PM
The demo is downloading but it did let me play Thunder vs Cavs...

And I wasn't impressed at all. The graphics are nice but the player models are way off. I mean Durant looks more buff than lebron in this game. Also the movement is stiff and unnatural . Saw a lot of quirkiness. I do like the look of the menus and ESPN presentation.

Hopefully pro am will save face for this game for me

# 105 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/15/15 08:32 PM
Am I bugging or is there no way to put your hands straight up in the air to defend?

# 106 Flightwhite24 @ 09/15/15 08:34 PM
John Wall is a beast!!! That is all

# 107 WTF @ 09/15/15 08:37 PM
To raise your hands, hold up on the Right stick. You have to be stationairy. So get up in their space, and raise the hands.

# 108 Black_Tom_Brady @ 09/15/15 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Just a guess, as I just started a remote download on it but:

Try turning off your PS4 for about 30 min and let it download in the background. If it doesn't go up from 19% then you might delete and start over.
the game is downloaded but i can only play the finals game its installing (and taking forever) everything else is locked until the installation is finished which is only at 27%

# 109 WTF @ 09/15/15 08:38 PM
For slow downloads, try this:

http://www.shortpause.com/blog/2014/...ation-consoles

I was at 4 hours left, and I changed it, and it's now 73 minutes left. I used the google addresses.

# 110 Flightwhite24 @ 09/15/15 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Am I bugging or is there no way to put your hands straight up in the air to defend?

I've been able to do it with no problem. Could be retail copies only???

# 111 GisherJohn24 @ 09/15/15 08:40 PM
Overall very enjoyable experience but has some glaring issues that I hope they patch. I have to give kudos, EA gave us a nicely loaded demo. 6 teams to choose from, adjustable quarters, ability to adjust sliders, coaching options etc. Thank you. Best demo they've ever done IMO.

Ok, now the game. I like the graphics, fantastic player models and most look just as good as the competition IMO. I like the overall flow and the player movement is very active and convincing. I did notice one glaring issue that really is unacceptable. CPU STILL does not sub out or use any time outs in a full game. I played 9 minute quarters for my first game, Wizards at Clips, and they didn't use one time out the whole time! Come on! . The announces said about 5 times why don't they call a time out? I hope this is fixed! This was a problem in 15 too. But, it's a demo. So Life goes on... On with the game.

Shooting feels better. I still feel like It could be a bit smoother, feels a bit wonky at times and I wish I had more control, especially with the post game. I kinda wish we had to shot types like they used to have with Live, dunk and shoot, and with different combinations, you could do different things. The game just seems to limited to get a different type shot. Although the triangle button is nice for the pro and euro step, I still feel it's a bit too easy to pull off in crunch time. Rebounding feels solid, I also love how the game looks. How the PG's take it up the court looks really really smooth and convincing! Atmosphere is decent ,but nothing mind blowing. I wouldsn't mind some more in depth stat screens periodically popping up onscreen.

Inside the paint, it seems a bit too easy to score. I was shooting 10 of 10 with DeAndre Jordan shooting jump hooks and fadeaways and they all went in. This needs to be toned down.

I do like the new shot meter, although even on harder difficulty, seems like Free throw shooting is STILL too easy. Passing is pretty good, I like that new give and go with the "B" button (XBOX) and I feel that's one of the best new additions how the player takes the ball from behind the other guy, makes for some interesting plays. The play calling takes a bit getting used to, but I really like the ball movement and the AI seems a lot more in tune with what's going on.

Overall, very enjoyable experience, but the "cpu not subbing" needs to be fixed ASAP and I hope EA isn't going to ignore it this year.

Overall, 7.5 out of 10 for the demo.

# 112 bran9413 @ 09/15/15 08:44 PM
I'm still waiting on the demo to finish downloading but so far I am loving this game despite a few gripes but I'll take WTF word on that Day one patch. Can't wait to get the Pro-Am started up on this. So far this game might go back to a first day buy for me.

# 113 Playmakers @ 09/15/15 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
Noticed the same thing with the late game AI, can be down by three and does nothing to try to make up the difference, goes for a two and plays on like there is a full game left to be played. WTH, how did this ONCE AGAIN make it IN THE GAME?????????
I think this is because Synergy is driving the decision making and there is no offensive/defensive awareness rating for each player.

Synergy if i'm not mistaken doesn't take into consideration score and time.

EA needs to code this game to recognize clock management not just in late game situations but end of QTR's aswell.

I noticed this isn't just a issue in Live but most of their Sports games seem to have late game AI issues.

Not sure how we can get it fixed this year but it should be at the top of the priority list because I'd hate to be in a playoff game and the AI goes brain dead late in games.

# 114 Rob. D @ 09/15/15 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
The demo is downloading but it did let me play Thunder vs Cavs...

And I wasn't impressed at all. The graphics are nice but the player models are way off. I mean Durant looks more buff than lebron in this game. Also the movement is stiff and unnatural . Saw a lot of quirkiness. I do like the look of the menus and ESPN presentation.

Hopefully pro am will save face for this game for me
Feeling the same way man... played the tip off mode and saw ALL the same stuff from 15 that were glaring issues. Easy paint scoring (day 1 patch??), Rocket passing/driving and weird animations all over the place. Pro Am games feel like 5 mins, hope they adjust that. Gonna play some more Pro Am but I have to know what fixes are included in the day 1 patch.

# 115 Black_Tom_Brady @ 09/15/15 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
For slow downloads, try this:

http://www.shortpause.com/blog/2014/...ation-consoles

I was at 4 hours left, and I changed it, and it's now 73 minutes left. I used the google addresses.
what about slow installation??

# 116 WTF @ 09/15/15 09:05 PM
It's the same. It's downloading in the background, while you play the Cavs vs Thunder. It says "Installing" but it's truly downloading the other 24GB worth of files and installing at the same time.

So you can play the Cavs vs Thunder finals game after the initial 4GB has downloaded, but the rest of it will be locked while it's "installing"/downloading the rest of the game/demo.

# 117 siraulo234 @ 09/15/15 09:11 PM
Is there any way to change icon passing so you only press R1 then press the icon instead of holding R1 + icon?

# 118 G5XL @ 09/15/15 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
It's the same. It's downloading in the background, while you play the Cavs vs Thunder. It says "Installing" but it's truly downloading the other 24GB worth of files and installing at the same time.

So you can play the Cavs vs Thunder finals game after the initial 4GB has downloaded, but the rest of it will be locked while it's "installing"/downloading the rest of the game/demo.
Is it the same? The initial 4gb downloaded in 20 minutes for me, that was at 3:30pm.
It's 8:20pm now and it's at 19gb. This is crazy. Playstation has to step there game up.

# 119 WTF @ 09/15/15 09:23 PM
Agreed, PSN needs to step its game up big time. I'm sick of the waiting.

# 120 LiquidGotti @ 09/15/15 09:28 PM
the game is not bad at all

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.