Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

The NBA Live 16 demo is available now for Xbox One gamers and is scheduled to release at 1:00 PM ET for PlayStation 4. We will update this post when it officially arrives on the PS Store.

UPDATE: It's now 2:00 PM ET, no sign of the demo on PS4, we will post when it is available.

UPDATE: The NBA Live 16 demo is available now on PS4. Click here if you can't find it.

The demo includes the new LIVE Pro-Am mode, featuring both the competitive LIVE Run and cooperative Summer Circuit. For those of you looking for an offline experience you can play exhibition games in Tip-Off mode. Users can choose from the Cleveland Cavaliers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden St. Warriors, Washington Wizards, Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Clippers. Players can adjust sliders, difficulty level, play up to 12 minute quarters and more. It also includes tutorials.

Download it, play it and post your impressions.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 LiquidGotti @ 09/15/15 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Agreed, PSN needs to step its game up big time. I'm sick of the waiting.
the install for the game has nothing to do with psn. thats EA and the way they have their files set up, in the download

# 122 GisherJohn24 @ 09/15/15 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think this is because Synergy is driving the decision making and there is no offensive/defensive awareness rating for each player.

Synergy if i'm not mistaken doesn't take into consideration score and time.

EA needs to code this game to recognize clock management not just in late game situations but end of QTR's aswell.

I noticed this isn't just a issue in Live but most of their Sports games seem to have late game AI issues.

Not sure how we can get it fixed this year but it should be at the top of the priority list because I'd hate to be in a playoff game and the AI goes brain dead late in games.
Agreed. Goes,along with the problem of the AI not subbing or any time outs. That was never fixed in 15 either. So def a concern at launch of 16.

# 123 GisherJohn24 @ 09/15/15 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraulo234
Is there any way to change icon passing so you only press R1 then press the icon instead of holding R1 + icon?
No. I wish that was adjustable too. A

Does anyone know how to turn off that guarding line of who u Should be defending ? I want that off. It's quite distracting.

# 124 Walt Frazier @ 09/15/15 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Good job Live team....movement finally feels good man...feels like basketball. You can finally take angles in this gen.

Love the presentation and all the on court diagrams...I'm a fan of the pick control, great idea there. Also love the contextual animations navigating through them...

The late game A.I is STILL bad- we gotta get this fixed fellas..

Up 3 with :34 seconds left...

Intentional foul at :32
I hit 1 of 2
CPU runs the clock down to 8 seconds and shoots a contested 2 pointer

WOW...that is HORRIBLE.

AGAIN.

I kept LIVE 15 as they promised it would be fixed "soon".

A patch never came to fix it.

Clear by this point it is PERMANENT.

The ultimate game killer...horrendous late game AI.

I always buy LIVE, but not this year. Not with the late game AI big still there.

Thanks for letting us know.

# 125 Walt Frazier @ 09/15/15 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think this is because Synergy is driving the decision making and there is no offensive/defensive awareness rating for each player.

Synergy if i'm not mistaken doesn't take into consideration score and time.

EA needs to code this game to recognize clock management not just in late game situations but end of QTR's aswell.

I noticed this isn't just a issue in Live but most of their Sports games seem to have late game AI issues.

Not sure how we can get it fixed this year but it should be at the top of the priority list because I'd hate to be in a playoff game and the AI goes brain dead late in games.

They promised to fix it for LIVE 14 and 15. Never did.

CLEARLY cannot be fixed at this point.

# 126 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/15/15 09:50 PM
Thank goodness for sliders, because I'm definitely going to adjust some things. I find the shooting to be inconsistent for the USER and the CPU to be able to hit step back 3's way too much. LeBron is a dunk monster. Wall is a dunk monster too, his damn speed is insane. One moment you in front of him, the next he is gone, haha.

I can't seem to get the play calling to work. I hold L1 and move RS. Player is selected but I see no plays appearing afterwards. I also noticed the CPU pretty much just stands still and don't seem to run plays at all. Offball movement seem to be nonexistent most of the time. Almost like the game is just a 1 on 1 fest.

Going to mess with some sliders and see if it changes anything. Dribble hand offs are nice, I just wish the hand off guy will just stay still and stop moving in the direction I want to go after he hands it off. He gets in the way 99% of the time after the hand off.

Noah is a rebounding monster. I wish the CPU automatically goes up strong after a rebound, they tend to do unnecessary stuff most of the time after a rebound. Live 16 made some strides, the most important one are sliders. Hopefully next year they add more sliders and maybe some team specific sliders.

# 127 Basketball Nate @ 09/15/15 09:51 PM
I'm enjoying this demo more than Madden 16, a few animations could be cleaned up but the gameplay is fun and I feel like teams play to their exact playing styles.

# 128 zrohman @ 09/15/15 09:55 PM
Yep. I spent 2 years going back and forth between Live and 2k. I liked Live's movement (as far as feeling "free") and loved their dribbling system and some other things.

But two years later, and Live still looks 4 years behind.

After a full year all they did was make gameplay slightly better/balanced, and add pro am.

Dynasty mode untouched, late game a.i still present, and you can score in the paint at will via forced animations.

Again. I expected this from Live 14. And was ready to support it all the way. Surely they could make a great game after 2 years right? No.

They really damaged their brand. They should have not released Live 14, or 15 and spent that entire time on Live 16. Maybe if they weren't busy patching up all of the issues they created, they could have made a decent game. It takes time but not 3 years.

3 years and half of the bugs are STILL present. We aren't even asking for greatness. No late game ai problems, no driving the paint at will, and at least don't have Andrew Wiggins scoring over 30 PPG in Dynasty.

The worst part is they have apologized for how terrible their game was 2 straight years. Yet they didn't even drop the price a dime. And now they are releasing at $60 again expecting to win people over from 2k.

We love Live. I bought the last two years hoping for changes. But if we love them enough, sometimes we just have to let them go. Maybe they will learn....

# 129 G5XL @ 09/15/15 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidGotti
the install for the game has nothing to do with psn. thats EA and the way they have their files set up, in the download
Can't be EA. I downloaded the demo on Xbox One last night in 1 1/2 hours. Truth is I don't know
who it is, but I can't be paying for 100mb/s and have this type of stuff happening.

# 130 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/15/15 10:10 PM
I thought it was well known but this has been happening with psn since last gen. I have both consoles last gen and Xbox always downloaded much faster and the games itself lagged a lot less online .and this is still true ...

# 131 Scofield @ 09/15/15 10:10 PM
10 char..........

# 132 MrBallaBoy21 @ 09/15/15 10:22 PM
Loving the demo so far. The gameplay is more fluid than 15 and players aren't as stiff. I still have some user rebounding and pick and roll defense gripes but so far so good imo.

Also, how do you do floaters in this game? I've seen dudes in Live run do it every time they drive but I can't figure it out in practice mode.

# 133 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/15/15 10:29 PM
I've never had anything download this slow on PSN before. I've had it going since late this afternoon and it's only done 5 gigs. I don't know what's going on.

# 134 Antonioshellz @ 09/15/15 10:29 PM
Anyone know how to fix the camera in the shootaround mode? My camera is stuck below the player's feet.

# 135 The 24th Letter @ 09/15/15 10:36 PM
Late game A.I

https://vid.me/bzkN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 136 WTF @ 09/15/15 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Late game A.I

https://vid.me/bzkN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. Will send it on right now.

# 137 WTF @ 09/15/15 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidGotti
Go to your PS Homepage, to the Notification page, click Downloads, and it will show you that it IS still downloading the main files from PSN. The only thing that downloads initially is the files to play the Thunder/Cavs game. The rest downloads in the background while you play.

I'm at 18.801 GB/24.364 GB right now, still saying 3 hours left to download. I'm also at 77% "installing" . What is 18.801 GB divided by 24.364 GB? That's right, it's 77%

The main files are still being downloaded, thats what the "installing" is referring to.

# 138 mrprice33 @ 09/15/15 11:01 PM
I imagine it doesn't help that The Taken King came out today.

# 139 ClevelandinDistress @ 09/15/15 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Thanks. Will send it on right now.

So I guess this means they don't test the game and instead expect consumers to do it for them?

Game breaking moment right there. NBA Inside Drive 2005 had late game AI. No excuse for this game not to.

# 140 bigeastbumrush @ 09/15/15 11:18 PM
Can't get the game to install fully and there's no way I'm leaving this thing on to download overnight.

Impressions of the Cavs/OKC

Positives:
-Game is leaps and bounds better than Live 15 simply because of the off ball movement (more on this later) and actual plays.
-It actually seems like a legit option this year as far as being playable and fun.
-Can't speak on the sliders but they may help in some areas.
-LeBron denying me as Dion Waiters from guarding my man. He literally was like a brick wall and didn't let me move. Super cool.

Negatives:
-Control. Simply put...there is none. Control used to be one of Live's strengths. Not sure why this is so over the top animation driven. Sliders can't fix this. You're basically a slave to whatever animation is playing out.
-Post up drop step turnaround jumper. Maybe I don't know the button controls for this. But I pressed one button and the post player goes into this routine that I can't branch out of.
-Off ball movement. I think it's great. But when the play call breaks down and you're basically freelancing, it seems to trigger what I call "false movement" sort of like what happened in Live 15 when you pressed Auto Motion. Wing players normally curl to the outside for a jumper and bigs maybe flash to the lane when a play breaks down. In Live, any guy on the perimeter will start to curl to the wings. I've seen Enes Kanter and Steven Adams both curling to the wings and beyond the 3-point line like they were Reggie Miller. Not sure if this can be fixed because it seems to be something that is triggered.
-The play call wheel. I'm so glad they have actual plays this year and a lot of them. But this playcall wheel is poorly implemented IMO. Too hard to get the play you want.

Overall:
Huge step in the right direction. Play books, sliders, etc.

But there are some major things that is holding it back. I can't justify dropping $60 on this. Even for fun or a change of pace.

Having little control over players is my biggest gripe.

I think the slider guys can get a good game out of this because all things being said, it is fun.

But I'll wait for the price drop then consider it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.