Home
PES 2016 News Post

PES 2016 is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC via Steam today. Play a few matches and post your impressions here.

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Zac @ 09/15/15 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
It's taken all the discipline in my body not to take the plunge, but FIFA releases tomorrow night(usually around 8 or so) on Access so that should make it easier.
Don't you mean Thursday.

# 42 Matt10 @ 09/15/15 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
It's taken all the discipline in my body not to take the plunge, but FIFA releases tomorrow night(usually around 8 or so) on Access so that should make it easier.
Yeah, it looks good though - just not quite a fan of the defensive animation/mentality, so I'm just going to be that guy trying to fix things. You know me - sometimes to a fault. I do plan on doing a full gameplay review of both games afterall.

# 43 TeleTex82 @ 09/15/15 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yeah, it looks good though - just not quite a fan of the defensive animation/mentality, so I'm just going to be that guy trying to fix things. You know me - sometimes to a fault. I do plan on doing a full gameplay review of both games afterall.
Look forward to that!

# 44 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 09/15/15 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
People tend to post impressions prematurely, or respond in ignorance, sort of like how you just did.

Does difficulty matter? Does game speed matter? Has there been any info regarding a fix, like some obscure tweet from a developer? These are legitimate questions, but whatever, remain in ignorance I guess.
Some people, myself included, have had the game since Thursday of last week. There's been countless of comments made in the last few days about the lack of fouls and how there appears to be no fix on the way.

You'd know that if you actually read up rather than asking something that has already been asked 13 times.

# 45 dmendenhall_9 @ 09/16/15 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
i will have some games up in the next couple of days (i want to wait for the transfers and to get kits on friday) with some sim settings. You will see much better defensive AI (not perfect though, def could be improved) with the right fluid formations (players refuse to play d unless you bring them back to a spot where they can play d against someone - if that makes sense).

I played again my bro online, def can't spam the slide, got a red card. Online is fast but man it is fun. It actually feels different than offline, the passing is different, it is almost a mix of level 1 and manual. I wish i could play offline with it. When i got to change pass support online it is greyed out and says it is standard. will have to investigate more. Also basic shooting isnt as easy. my brother dominated me and had 17 shots but only 6 on target in the last game (15 min game).

of course wish the foul thing was sorted out but keeping fingers crossed for patch (remember pes 2014? ha). Anyway right now i am just impressed with online. It of course has to be pretty quick b/c that is what people want but man it has that unpredictability i love. was a blast.

other than that can't wait to get into editing premier league kits and formations and tactics and will upload some sim videos from that sometime this weekend.

# 46 elprez98 @ 09/16/15 12:17 AM
In my first game online I got 7 fouls (total) called and a yellow called against my opponent. Pretty good so far.

# 47 elprez98 @ 09/16/15 12:37 AM
Played a second game online. 7 total fouls (2 by me and 5 by my opponent) with 2 free kick goals. I was Everton and my opponent was Barcelona. I lost 2-3.

I'm not seeing the no fouls called online. Are we only talking vs. CPU? I'll play more of that tomorrow.

# 48 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 09/16/15 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
Played a second game online. 7 total fouls (2 by me and 5 by my opponent) with 2 free kick goals. I was Everton and my opponent was Barcelona. I lost 2-3.

I'm not seeing the no fouls called online. Are we only talking vs. CPU? I'll play more of that tomorrow.
Yeah, it's with the CPU that the fouls are glaringly missing.

# 49 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 09/16/15 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
i will have some games up in the next couple of days (i want to wait for the transfers and to get kits on friday) with some sim settings. You will see much better defensive AI (not perfect though, def could be improved) with the right fluid formations (players refuse to play d unless you bring them back to a spot where they can play d against someone - if that makes sense).

I played again my bro online, def can't spam the slide, got a red card. Online is fast but man it is fun. It actually feels different than offline, the passing is different, it is almost a mix of level 1 and manual. I wish i could play offline with it. When i got to change pass support online it is greyed out and says it is standard. will have to investigate more. Also basic shooting isnt as easy. my brother dominated me and had 17 shots but only 6 on target in the last game (15 min game).

of course wish the foul thing was sorted out but keeping fingers crossed for patch (remember pes 2014? ha). Anyway right now i am just impressed with online. It of course has to be pretty quick b/c that is what people want but man it has that unpredictability i love. was a blast.

other than that can't wait to get into editing premier league kits and formations and tactics and will upload some sim videos from that sometime this weekend.
I agree that online is addicting, but certainly not sim. Way too fast and high press/double team can be too rewarding.

That said, the unpredictability is in there. I played Barcelona yesterday with Peru and was down 2-1 despite playing better (I gift wrapped him two goals). Then in the first of two minutes of stoppage time I score on a rebound with Guerrero. I'm like, 'All right, cool. I didn't lose. Let's just clear the ball here after the kickoff because they won't give me a chance to race down and get a winner.'

Yet they did.

I won the ball, raced down the left, one of my guys got hacked before another picked it up, then came in a whipping cross that I headed towards goal. The goalkeeper tried the punch it over the bar animation, but as he fell backwards he punched it off the underside of the crossbar before pinging off the ground.

It wasn't clear if completely went in and I frantically didn't know if I had to pounce or the rebound or what, but then I saw my player entering the Celebration Control mode and knew it had gone in. I won, 3-2. Incredible game and awesome and fun experience.

Moments like that, online or offline, are why we play PES.

# 50 bxphenom7 @ 09/16/15 01:25 AM
Dope game, really needs more fouls though.

# 51 bxphenom7 @ 09/16/15 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81chrisso
I won't buy any of these football games because they both have a lot of flaws. But a football game without fouls is the sports gaming joke of the year for the second time in a row... Yes I'm absolutely convinced that Konami has loads of problems implementing fouls. They created last years PES without fouls and they've repeated it this year. They are simply not capable of doing it right! Why should they patch it in? Also they don't answer any questions regarding the lack of fouls... just pathetic!
They patched it in perfectly for 2014 so I don't get why they cant do it again, or why fouls aren't already well implemented. I do smell a patch coming though.

# 52 strawberryshortcake @ 09/16/15 02:25 AM
Can someone tell me if the passing accuracy has dramatically been toned down at all (not referring to the % statistics, but the actual passes in the game.

The PES16 demo's passes for both the user and CPU is always pin point accurate. I can ping pong the ball from one end of the field to the other end of the field. Every time the ball is kicked to a teammate, the ball gets magnetized to the players feet. There are no miscues, unforced errors, etc. This plus the lack of fouls is the biggest deal breaker. Even though I'm not much of a soccer fan, I have always thought PES looked more realistic based on what I have seen of soccer on TV.

OS member Matt10 opened my eyes to the wonderful miscues and unforced errors of inaccurate passing in FIFA. FIFA always looked much more arcadey because of the speed and funny player animations, which is why I have always vowed PES to be the better product. After seeing one of Matt10's twitch session for FIFA14 PC, and playing FIFA16 myself, having passing inaccuracies plus miscues and unforced errors is an absolute must to recreate organic natural on the field soccer gameplay.

I was all set to buy PES16 before speaking to Matt10 and him showing me passing inaccuracies, miscues and unforced errors, and playing the FIFA16 demo, it's very difficult to justify buying PES16 especially with the lack of fouls on top of the pin point accurate passing in PES16.

I still prefer the color palette and overall animations including running animation and player models in PES16 because they're more realistic overall. But high passing accuracy and lack of fouls in PES16 has me crossing it off as a possible purchase unless someone can tell me these two things have been corrected in the final product. Yes, reading this thread, it's already confirmed fouls are far and few between, but what about passing accuracies? Again, not referring to the actual % statistic, but more of the visual experience. Are there miscues and unforced error to passing during in game action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkhalil
Got the full game PS4 yesterday via digital download. Got say I am very impressed with the full version. It plays much better than the demo IMO. Let me just say that this game should be played with manual controls on -2 (otherwise quite fast paced). I haven't tried any modes yet but int the context of an exhibition game, this is the best I have ever played. I like the additional stadiums specially the UK style ones. Lighting is great and nice visuals.
Will changing the controls to manual (hopefully) increase passing miscues and unforced errors for BOTH the user and CPU? Making things more difficult for the user but not the CPU with regarding to passing doesn't make the game any better, unfortunately. If the CPU still has perfect pin point passing without passing miscues and without unforced errors, then the game just looks out of balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnakenpopanz
PES 6 was and will be the best game ever created. No fifa, no pes ever could compete with that. Just watch some videos and you will know what I mean.
Back to topic, I think they are taking steps in the right direction, but both games fifa and pes have their flaws.
I watched several PES06 videos but because of the pinpoint passing accuracy (no miscues, no unforced errors), how could it be the best soccer game ever created. Throughout a soccer match, passing are not always pin point accurate. The passing mechanics looks much more realistic in FIFA16 than PES06.

# 53 thegut @ 09/16/15 02:36 AM
I'm currently playing professional difficulty and the lack of offensive creativity by the cpu is getting a bit annoying. Almost all of their scoring attempts come by either a perfect early cross to the forward in the middle of the box or a feat of dribbling that resembles a Harlem Globetrotters game. I'm still having fun but this is pretty disappointing. I might bump up the difficulty and see if they attempt some build up play.

How's crossing going for you guys? I've only completed one cross and one corner so far through about 10 games.

# 54 WALTERBERRYPAOK @ 09/16/15 03:08 AM
The franchise took a step backwards this year.Not for the worse for many of you but for me PES 2015 on xbox one was a great game to build upon.
PES 2015 is for many slow moving and animation heavy but this led to a more realistic depiction of the real football.Unlike PES 2016 where all the players feel and do the same, in PES 2015 the really good players stood out.
In making this decision to turn the game into a more arcadey experience, KONAMI lost the opportunity to catch up with FIFA.
FIFA looks stagnant but they still look to make the game more of a simulation ...and that's why they sell so much.
PES 2016 feels to me like a next gen PES 2013, which is not a bad game, it's just old.

# 55 orion523 @ 09/16/15 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Don't you mean Thursday.
No, believe it or not, early access games are always released on Wednesday at about 8PM eastern time. It's been that way since the beginning. Best part is, I have 10 hours with my profile, and I also have a free year of EA Access which was included with the XB1 that my kids won a month ago during the UBER Madden promotion. I'll attach that to one of my kids' profiles and then it's 20 free hours!!!

# 56 Zac @ 09/16/15 05:44 AM
I probably should have actually spent some time playing the game before spending so much editing. Because I don't think I ever want to play this game again. I am that disappointed and frustrated with the game play.

# 57 slayer197 @ 09/16/15 05:58 AM
Are you kidding my? Where is PES available? Release date is tomorrow in germany...

# 58 lorenzobenzo1 @ 09/16/15 06:00 AM
My Demo Review!

I will give this game the score rating 9, only because the dribbling animation is still slow.
But this review is based on the demo only, not the full game as i do not have it yet.
The tempo of the game is perfect, not too fast and not too slow.
Passing is great, so is the manual passing. Advanced passing is better but still hard to master.
Shooting is good, maybe a bit too good meaning it is easier to score than before.
Manual shooting is very good, advanced shooting is extremely good. This type of shooting is slightly
more powerful and the ball dips like the usual CR7 shots. Finesse shots are still too easy to score.
Animations are a joy to watch, on this part of the game i used to claim that Fifa is unfortunately light years
ahead of pes, well after reading all the experts reviews and playing the demo it is now Fifa that is clearly behind.
Headers are a joy to watch, but there are still issues. It is a bit hard to score on them, but maybe when the full game is out and i hit the training mode for hours i might find out that it is actually good.
Crosses reminds me of David Beckhams crosses in his prime, they are that good.
If a skillful superstar is performing a cross he might do the backheel cross.
The gameplay is the real star of the show, this game was made by people that really and truly understands the beauty of the game. If one of your players flair passes to a teammate, the receiving player of the ball has a quick look around to see who is open, then he continues the beautiful passing with another flair pass and so on. But this will only happen if it makes sense, that is the beauty of it.
Everything happening in the game usually makes sense! Players constantly move around and search for open spaces, if you see them pointing to a spot never hesitate to pass it there!
The AI is really clever this year, the passing game and goals i have conceded against the AI is fair.Team ids is presented beautifully. Teams have different styles, different tactics that acually makes a difference! In Fifa Stoke City can control the ball like Barca.
Through balls is finally back, but in a fair and realistic way.
The collision system was really needed in this series, now it is here and it is perfect.
You will not see 10 chicken heads tripping and falling on top of each other like in Fifa.
Strong and tall players will win a strength duel, but the weaker and shorter player might steal the ball back with a clever flick over him.
Press the right stick(PS4) and your player will perform beautiful kick ups, but not in a showboating and unnecessary way. You can even use this to bring down and control a long pass, this neat touch takes me back to Zidane at his best. The defending part of the game works fine, it can be better but it is clearly better then the horrible tactical defending in Fifa. Slide tackles is incredible to watch, performing them while looking at the way your opponent eats the grass is pure class. I wish i would see a red or even a yellow card if i missed on the tackle, the refs are really blind this year. Cameroons national team in the 90s would have a field day in this game.
The keepers are realistic, they even do things i have not seen before in a football game, they can make
triple saves that look realistic( It looks so good it is really a jaw dropping moment)
If a high ball is near the post they will not take any chances and box the ball out behind and above the goal. Konami really did their homework, problems with the keepers was a major issue before. Keep in mind this year adds keeper id, since i have only played the demo i can confirm that Buffon has id and Manuel Neuer too. It is a joy to watch Neuer rushing out of goal only when he knows he will get to the ball before the attacker. Speaking of id, i believe the most important feature in Pes is the player ids.
I am so grateful that Konami included this on their games back in Pes 2013. This is what really seperates Pes and Fifa. While fIfa has maybe 1 or 2 player ids in only the major teams(Benzema in Fifa 16 looks like a bodybuilder juiced up on steroids) While Pes has at least 15 player ids on the biggest and the mid level teams. Even the small teams has many player ids. You can really tell who is who just by watching the tv screen. They run and play as their real life counterparts.
It is so good it is kind of creepy.
Edit mode for PS4 is suppose to be king this year, it will take us only a few hours to paste all the kits,
when it is saved you will be set for the whole season. I can not say anything about the different modes, since i do not have the game. The online part of the game is going to be vital for Konami.
As many Fifa players are ready to switch to pes 2016, but are not sure how solid the online servers will be?I am talking about people that are used to ultimate team, co-op and pro clubs.So only time will tell.
But gameplay wise this is the one that we have been waiting for. It is so good that i am ready to depend on it for the next 3 years!

# 59 nunogomes @ 09/16/15 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Can someone tell me if the passing accuracy has dramatically been toned down at all (not referring to the % statistics, but the actual passes in the game.
Ok, if you put the pass assit at 1 or 0, you WILL miss a lot of passes and so.

The CPU misses passes regardless of this.

In FIFA, you can make the passing slider higher to make the CPU miss passes, however, it will also disrupt the offense of the CPU. Play more games and you will see.

# 60 Flohghurette @ 09/16/15 07:21 AM
Hi,

is there someone who play the PC version and can tell some about the differents to PS4 and XOne? May can post some picture from the PC Version?

greets

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.