Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

The WWE 2K16 development team continue to reveal nuggets about their game. Today they show off a quick clip between Tyler Breeze and Hideo Itami. Post your thoughts!

For more news, details and media on WWE 2K16, check out this page.

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jvalverde88 @ 09/15/15 08:18 PM
"LOOK EVERYONE ITS TYLER!!!"

# 2 SmashMan @ 09/15/15 08:52 PM
Yeah, I'm turning off commentary this year. It's just bad. So bad.

Gameplay looked smooth, so that's good. Liked the new animation for the GTS. Not sure if that top rope suplex is new, but I thought that looked good too.

# 3 CM Hooe @ 09/16/15 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Yeah, I'm turning off commentary this year. It's just bad. So bad.

Gameplay looked smooth, so that's good. Liked the new animation for the GTS. Not sure if that top rope suplex is new, but I thought that looked good too.
The comeback sequence for Itami in particular looks really smooth compared to comeback sequences any other recent WWE game.

I remain concerned for this game's complete lack of well-executed atmosphere. Neither the crowd nor the commentary have responded very intelligently to what's happening in the ring for a while now, and it looks like that's going to continue.

I do suppose commentary for a wrestling game is a bit of a challenge because the biggest job of the commentary team is to reinforce the narrative behind the match, and one-off matches in WWE 2K often don't have any narrative behind them. That said, there's gotta be something they can do to make the game feel more alive.

# 4 kisstopher5 @ 09/16/15 03:20 AM
Gameplay looks so good this year. I'm impressed with the models I've seen so far as well. The roster and CAW spots along with the return of CAA has me pumped.

BUT, the crowd is such a bummer. I don't understand how NBA 2K can have the best crowd out of all sports games and WWE continue to have the most boring crowd. At least make the NXT arena crowd a little louder to simulate real life.

# 5 jaredsmith83 @ 09/16/15 08:19 AM
I still think that, since this is the first TRUE year of them having the WWE 2K series where they want it, that crowds, commentary and other adjustments will be coming. I'm still not ready to write them off just yet. It took 2K a few years in basketball to get up to their level as well.

As far as this goes, its looking much better than last year. Everything seems much smoother and doesn't have a lot of the awkward movements like 2K15 had. Its definitely a step in the right direction. The crowd is a bummer, though and seems to have regressed from last year's.

# 6 SmashMan @ 09/16/15 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I remain concerned for this game's complete lack of well-executed atmosphere. Neither the crowd nor the commentary have responded very intelligently to what's happening in the ring for a while now, and it looks like that's going to continue.

I do suppose commentary for a wrestling game is a bit of a challenge because the biggest job of the commentary team is to reinforce the narrative behind the match, and one-off matches in WWE 2K often don't have any narrative behind them. That said, there's gotta be something they can do to make the game feel more alive.
I didn't expect NBA2K-level in the limited time 2K has had the license, but I'm shocked that so little (or no?) progress has been made in this area.

Finding time to record them is obviously a factor, but the effort isn't even really there. Listen to JBL in this clip. He can't even fake enthusiasm here. There's one point in the video (:31) where an old Cole audio clip plays back-to-back with a new one that is just the perfect example of how uneven this whole thing is.

The crowd...yeah, still too much of the same random burst of cheer/boo as a move hits. No swelling of anticipation before a move. Taking their NBA game as an example, you get situations where the crowd swells as a shot goes up, then an "Oohh!" reaction if it misses. I'm imagining the same thing for reversing a finisher. Or a swell, then cheer/boo if it hits.

You can't cut and paste NBA2K's audio code, but MLB2K was pretty good in this area too. Can they leverage some of this knowledge for the WWE game sometime?

# 7 Alex Hopkinson @ 09/18/15 03:53 AM
You'd think they could at least address some basic crowd noise changes. A lot of the time in 15 I can't tell if the crowd is supposed to be cheering or booing - it often sounds like they boo faces, bizarrely.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.