Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

LD2K and Ronnie 2K revealed the NBA 2K16 MyPLAYER height restrictions per position, during their Twitch Livestream. If you missed it, you can watch the archive here.

Check out the height restrictions below.
  • Point Gaurd: 5'7"- 6'7"
  • Shooting Guard: 5'10" - 6'8"
  • Small Forward: 6'3" - 6'10"
  • Power Forward: 6'5" - 7'0"
  • Center: 6'8' - 7'3"
They also mentioned a few other details, we wanted to list:
  • Dependent on your style and height (both small and tall), attributes will fluctuate.
  • 6'7 PG's will be one of the slower points guards in the game
  • 3 scoring styles (inside, outside & balanced) that determine your caps, alongside height.
  • No more 7 foot small forwards that shoot like Ray Allen and dribble like Kyrie Irving.
  • Bigs will play like bigs
Plenty of other smaller details were revealed as well, so make sure you watch the archive here.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 AyeBruhChill @ 09/16/15 07:12 AM
guys are complaining but are forgetting about length! Remember how they said defenders adjusted the D (The greek freak) based on their length?

I'm think about a 6'10 sf about 230 with length. This is so can guard 3-5.

# 82 drewwright @ 09/16/15 07:13 AM
6'11" PF lets go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 83 kiev123 @ 09/16/15 07:16 AM
Good
Hopefully we will finally have some balance online.
For all those people citing Magic , KD and Penny , they were/are the exception not the rule.

# 84 Bulletproof86 @ 09/16/15 07:23 AM
Finally no more 7 ft tall Steph Currys with 99 speed. Ty 2K!!!

# 85 Luke Skywalker @ 09/16/15 08:32 AM
I might actually play MyPlayer now, I never did because of the arcade style but this piques my interest.

# 86 Misterjibb @ 09/16/15 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain723
Exactly. The kids are going to cry when they can't zig zag to the corner with Kyrie's handles and pull 3's like Steph. Don't change a thing, 2K!!!
Those type of players can head right on over to Live 16. There's no room for them. I'm glad to see 2K is really listening.

# 87 yonly1ME @ 09/16/15 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjibb
Those type of players can head right on over to Live 16. There's no room for them. I'm glad to see 2K is really listening.
Or just stay on 2k15.

# 88 Vni @ 09/16/15 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
but I want to be a 4'9 PG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHEEEESER !

# 89 iLLosophy @ 09/16/15 09:17 AM
I really wish they didnt put in height restrictions by position. if the speeds and physics are redone right then the game should have the proper balance of the bigger player not being able to guard smaller players. Height restrictions dont fix the inherent problem and is just a band aid

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

# 90 Ownal0t @ 09/16/15 10:16 AM
If they not going to like 2k16 restrictions, they definitely going to hate lives lmfao

# 91 Misterjibb @ 09/16/15 10:36 AM
Some have stated this already but we should all be extremely pleased to hear that 2K addressed the cheese with cap penalties. In 2K15, I thought creating a 6'4, 195 pound PG like John Wall was a good idea but sheesh, after about two months of Park & Rec, everyone played pretty much the same or better once they reached an 85 overall and obtained the necessary badges. Despite the glitch with the 7 foot Point Guards, players' attributes in general were too inflated no matter the position. The developers just didn't seem to take height and weight into account. Physicality and strength didn't present itself on the court either. Therefore, players essentially had the ability to score at will; creating space and attacking the rim with ease due to lack of contact. One thing I absolutely could not stand as a perimeter defender was being knocked down without a proper call or being put on skates by someone performing the side to side cheese.

I would also appreciate some more diversity in NBA2K16 like body type. Being ripped or buff is not enough. Wingspan is a good start but go more in depth as far as size in areas like your shoulders, chest, biceps, calves, etc.

Hairstyles could still use some work. There hasn't been any news on it yet but hopefully it has improved. Instead of just scrolling through a variety and choosing from a color palette, maybe we could change our hair length or something. Idk, I'm just trying to think outside the box.

Apparel definitely needs to be enhanced in my opinion. It was good but not great. The developers should research the latest trends in fashion and incorporate them into MyCareer. Joggers were a good addition but come on 2K, we gotta do something about the shorts length. Not everybody wears their shorts above the knee. Take advantage of your connections with Nike and Adidas; two established companies who produce high quality sporting equipment. Give us some "Just Do It/Ball is Life" dry-fit shirts or tanks, Elite socks/bottoms, hats, etc. A better selection is basically what I'm asking for. I'm personally not a big fan of the graphic tees provided in 2K15.

Tattoos took a huge leap according to the news a few weeks ago. That's the level of depth we should all be looking for. 1,500 tattoos is a lot to edit and choose from so we shouldn't enter MyPark or Rec seeing the same designs.

Anyway! Back to the topic! 2K should just go back to the traditional attribute system where you weren't just throwing upgrades into a category (Ex. Inside Scoring, Athleticism) and getting +5 added to multiple skills at once. I'm still eager to hear their solution to this issue. Give those who really understand the game of basketball and know how to develop versatile players a chance to distinguish themselves from the casual gamer. Let's be honest here, most people want to dominate solely through dunking or perimeter scoring which is fine however, there needs to be a disconnection. In other words, if you choose to spend all of your precious upgrades on say three point shooting, then you should lack in a multitude of other areas such as dribbling, passing. Separate the one-dimensional player from the multi-talented.

Glad to hear big men will play their role on the floor. In my opinion, team play should be the ultimate focus from the floor general or whoever is the clear, standout player. Ballin' with or against a bunch of invincible MyPlayer's is no fun.

I'm out though! That's all I have to say today. Please, leave comments below on what your liked or disliked about my post. I'll be happy to discuss more.

# 92 JayBillups36 @ 09/16/15 10:39 AM
Pretty much anyone complaining about these restrictions is super cheesy. "Why can't I have a Magic Johnson, that shoots like Steph Curry that dribbles like AI that I can corner crossover cheese with every time" ..... kill yourself

# 93 Number999 @ 09/16/15 10:41 AM
I always find it hilarious when people complain about not being able to build KD or Muresan now.

It's never going to be perfect because the community won't let it. There NEEDS to be a punishment for height unless you want 7 foot dudes out there all the time like last year. There are what... maybe 40 players in NBA History who this applies too.

# 94 Misterjibb @ 09/16/15 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBillups36
Pretty much anyone complaining about these restrictions is super cheesy. "Why can't I have a Magic Johnson, that shoots like Steph Curry that dribbles like AI that I can corner crossover cheese with every time" ..... kill yourself
LMAO! That be one helluva player! Lol

# 95 Caveman24 @ 09/16/15 10:46 AM
Thank God they've changed it!

# 96 stillatin @ 09/16/15 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKick
I really wish they didnt put in height restrictions by position. if the speeds and physics are redone right then the game should have the proper balance of the bigger player not being able to guard smaller players. Height restrictions dont fix the inherent problem and is just a band aid

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
its not a bandaid, its a solution. I feel like anyone who is against this, were the ones in 2k15 using it to their advantage, and are only complaining because they can't do it again this year. Im glad.

# 97 Rain723 @ 09/16/15 11:22 AM
Lol there are really pp complaining about not being able to make a 6'9 PG like magic? Magic is literally the only player that tall to be listed as a PG. And he even had his weaknesses. All the ppl wanting to create Magic with a steph jumper and young VC's dunking really need to stop playing 2k haha. Also the ppl citing KD as an excuse to create a cheesing SF are just as bad. KD is a decent ball handler for his position but he definitely isn't in the same category as the elite guards of the NBA. He also isn't very strong. NOBODY in the NBA is perfect.

# 98 iLLosophy @ 09/16/15 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillatin
its not a bandaid, its a solution. I feel like anyone who is against this, were the ones in 2k15 using it to their advantage, and are only complaining because they can't do it again this year. Im glad.
There's no positions on a street court. So imposing height restrictions by position for park or pro-am is silly. As far as I can tell I can still get on the court with five 7'2" centers and if your 6'2" PG is on the opposite team, he's going to have to play against one of them. So how is that a solution? What exactly does it fix?

There's always going to be mismatches. The "solution" is to make it so players can easily capitalize on them.

# 99 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/16/15 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKick
There's no positions on a street court. So imposing height restrictions by position for park or pro-am is silly. As far as I can tell I can still get on the court with five 7'2" centers and if your 6'2" PG is on the opposite team, he's going to have to play against one of them. So how is that a solution? What exactly does it fix?

There's always going to be mismatches. The "solution" is to make it so players can easily capitalize on them.
You're absolutely wrong. You sound like you're dreading to actually change your playstyle and take the time to play proper simulation basketball. I'm not bashing you, but you and anyone who doesn't like these CAPS probably made some unrealistic players in 2k15 that did it all and now you won't be able to do that. ALOT of people are going to be very bad at the game now. Getting on the court with 5 7'2 centers in 16 will put you into a huge disadvantage. 6'2 PG vs 7'2 C on the perimeter will be terrible for the center, especially if you know basketball and basketball concepts.

# 100 Starwipe @ 09/16/15 11:33 AM
LOL, just because people want to create a Magic Johnson doesn't mean they are a "cheeser". Not everybody plays online.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.