Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

LD2K and Ronnie 2K revealed the NBA 2K16 MyPLAYER height restrictions per position, during their Twitch Livestream. If you missed it, you can watch the archive here.

Check out the height restrictions below.
  • Point Gaurd: 5'7"- 6'7"
  • Shooting Guard: 5'10" - 6'8"
  • Small Forward: 6'3" - 6'10"
  • Power Forward: 6'5" - 7'0"
  • Center: 6'8' - 7'3"
They also mentioned a few other details, we wanted to list:
  • Dependent on your style and height (both small and tall), attributes will fluctuate.
  • 6'7 PG's will be one of the slower points guards in the game
  • 3 scoring styles (inside, outside & balanced) that determine your caps, alongside height.
  • No more 7 foot small forwards that shoot like Ray Allen and dribble like Kyrie Irving.
  • Bigs will play like bigs
Plenty of other smaller details were revealed as well, so make sure you watch the archive here.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 09/16/15 05:03 PM
I'm making a 7 ft center this year as i'm usually a bigman every year. I just hope they fixed some stuff like the screen cheese in the paint and when you box someone out and get pushed to the ground and no foul gets called or they end up calling the foul on you.

# 142 drewwright @ 09/16/15 05:52 PM
Hasn't 2K always had caps? Why are you guys so up about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 143 Ghostf4cekhila1234 @ 09/16/15 06:50 PM
If i can be slightly poor mans melo that can play some d ill deal with that

# 144 8KB24 @ 09/16/15 06:59 PM
I'm going for that 7'1 center with inside scoring. Hibbert + Kareem let's go.

# 145 killgill2 @ 09/16/15 07:28 PM
There are a lot of valid points on both sides of the coin. A bigger testament to the complexity of the dilemma, than the individual view pointa of a solution. I'm sure 2k has accepted a long time ago that any decision to change something will be polarizing. Even a decision not to do something, is a decision in itself.

I'm glad something was done to help achieve balance, yet retain some sort of freedom and flexibility in creation. But it will need some tuning and adjustments as with anything. I believe in time they will find that balance between the hard physical attribute cap to skill attribute cap to position cap to player disparity differences that hits the bell curve of players.

Of course I'll add in my quick brainstorming .02 cents for 2017...
Making the hard size caps based off of historical data for position. Player must of been listed/played position for at least 4 years.
Incorporate some sort of highly random generator for My player that allows you to marginally exceed said limitations. To represent the ultra gifted freak athlete's that come around every 5 years or so that break the mold slightly.
Filter CAP's by playmodes. Allow only "typical" CAP's into competitive/ranked/league play. Offline, park, free play no restrictions. Folks can have their mess around player and their Sim player.

Just some quick stuff, because I hate typing. If I mentioned something already suggested I apologize

# 146 2_headedmonster @ 09/16/15 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown_13
Strength? You serious man? Shaquille, Ewing, Alonzo, gasol, cousins. These boys seem weak to you? While the 7 ft guards should be taken out let's not bury the big man here.
*facepalm*

I wasnt clear there at all. I meant a 7ft PG should have those limitations due to a lower weight.

# 147 danchi23 @ 09/17/15 01:50 PM
Man this will be fun. I always dislike players that were 7'1 shooting 3's all day, glad this is back.

# 148 SkillzFromThe6 @ 09/17/15 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Can someone .gif me cheese cutting from the stream? We desperately need this now.
Cut that Cheese!

# 149 illwill10 @ 09/17/15 10:19 PM
Something I am curious to hear about, is if you can still scan and upload your face?
I know there were problems early on with it, but I bought the PS camera solely for it.

# 150 pHiLKizer @ 09/17/15 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
but I want to be a 4'9 PG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe MyPlayer will start in middle school instead of high school? *shrugs*

# 151 mrmaupie @ 09/18/15 01:51 AM
Cant imagine someone having doubts buying this game at all, coming from an soccer player/fan from europe playing 2k since 2k11

Even with it 'flaws' this is by far the best sport series ever and first on my lis every year. Give the 2k team some credit they are obviously very passionate about the game and want it to be the best it can be.

# 152 MontanaMan @ 09/18/15 02:23 AM
Check out the comments on Chris Smoove's video.

The cheesers are PISSED. I LOVE it.

# 153 YaBoial @ 09/18/15 04:22 AM
Its good the limits are in. Makes u have to play team ball. U need a ball handler, scorer, rim protector, etc. To be successful not just a 7ft player who is all wrapped in one

Sent from my LIFE PURE MINI using Tapatalk

# 154 Bexthelegend @ 09/18/15 10:16 AM
I think you have it wrong. It's the other way around. Sim players can cheese if necessary. But cheesers can't play sim. Playing sim is much more difficult, because running plays and having proper ball movement is something that takes time

If someone joined a sim league, it's much more like that they're sim, but have played long enough to learn how to cheese if necessary

# 155 T_M3 @ 09/18/15 06:49 PM
These height and attribute caps are a no brainer. I stopped playing 2k15 for a month or two and came back last week to get ready for 16 and every squad has 5 players which are 7 foot+ demi gods with max speed and ball handling zigging and zagging shooting fadeaway 3s over two defenders.
I can't understand the people complaining about these caps that are being introduced into 16.
NBA live demo has more realistic games in the pro am then what you see in the jrc right now ( and I don't even like NBA live)

# 156 Caelumfang @ 09/18/15 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_M3
These height and attribute caps are a no brainer. I stopped playing 2k15 for a month or two and came back last week to get ready for 16 and every squad has 5 players which are 7 foot+ demi gods with max speed and ball handling zigging and zagging shooting fadeaway 3s over two defenders.
I can't understand the people complaining about these caps that are being introduced into 16.
NBA live demo has more realistic games in the pro am then what you see in the jrc right now ( and I don't even like NBA live)
It's easy. The ones complaining about the caps were more than likely the ones running around like you just described.

# 157 Allball76 @ 09/20/15 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
It's easy. The ones complaining about the caps were more than likely the ones running around like you just described.
lol there's no doubt about it! some ppl wanna win at any cost . Fantasy god like players . They don't care about competitive balance !

# 158 hanzsomehanz @ 09/20/15 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
If people didn't try to exploit and create demigods, maybe it would be less strict.

This year, you will be punished for stupid play.
This year, we have attribute caps that vary on your position, scoring style & height.
This year, we're looking for people to create their roles and excel at them where it makes sense.
This year, the cheesers going to cry.

And this year, the competition has never been higher.
It seems like people who hack their my player will still be limited by the attribute caps based on their height - that is appeasing so of 7ft SFs, PGs, SGs do surface : they will be affected by the my player attribute caps and hopefully more severely based on the weighted percentages,

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.