Home
FIFA 16 News Post

The trial version of FIFA 16 is available now for EA Access subscribers, weighing in at 21.84 GB. To start the download process, open up the EA Access hub, scroll over to FIFA 16, click View in Store and download the trial.

NOTE: If you don’t see FIFA 16 in the hub, try searching for it in the Store, then download the trial.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think!

REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bad_philanthropy @ 09/17/15 10:34 AM
Hilarious how excited this thread is about the winter gear bug being fixed. If QB is around I can imagine he is probably jumping for joy.

# 62 acarrero @ 09/17/15 10:55 AM
Special request. I will be grateful if anyone can look into this real quick. I will only buy this game if my friend Hector Ramos made it. He plays for a team called Al Qadisiyah of the Saudi league. Can ayone confirm if he's in the game and what his rating is? Thanks! I have ps4 - access hub of EA onlt available for xbox rifght?

# 63 ROABS @ 09/17/15 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
Special request. I will be grateful if anyone can look into this real quick. I will only buy this game if my friend Hector Ramos made it. He plays for a team called Al Qadisiyah of the Saudi league. Can ayone confirm if he's in the game and what his rating is? Thanks! I have ps4 - access hub of EA onlt available for xbox rifght?

yes i saw him in game. hes a striker for them it showed.

# 64 Josam27o7 @ 09/17/15 11:03 AM
Hate to break it to you guys. They definitely sped up all aspects of the game. The players feel less weighty, pass speeds have been increased, sprint speeds have been increased (feels like arcade football on the SLOW setting). I would rather play the demo than this sped up piece of garbage. I am OFFICIALLY DONE WITH FIFA 16. I am sick of this game before completing 1 hour of the EA Access. And yet I played the demo for hours upon hours.

# 65 mfp @ 09/17/15 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
What's the auto-finesse shooting issue you're referring to? Too accurate? Not enough power?

Just trying to understand.
In the demo, when you'd tap the shoot button for a quick snap shot from short to medium range (I don't think it happened long range, but not sure), instead of a shot with the laces you'd get the finesse shot animation - basically you'd be getting an R1 shot without holding down R1.

I've read some people speculating that it only happens with weak foot shooting and it's a new feature to better replicate preferred foot, but regardless it's the main reason people are saying shooting felt a little off in the demo code.

So I'm curious if it's the same in the final code.

# 66 bonannogiovanni @ 09/17/15 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
This was how my first goal in Fifa 16 went down...

During postgame highlights, it shows that actually the ball didn't cross the goal line. By the way is the goal line technology implemented in fifa 16?

# 67 BL8001 @ 09/17/15 11:22 AM
What I don't understand is on the Beta semi-pro cpu would get 3-4 shots on you. Pro played real balanced and seemed like a slightly less aggressive/cheaty/boosty FIFA 15 World Class mode.

So it was perfect.

The demo was close to the beta in terms of CPU skill levels but not as "good" of a challenge as the beta.

The full game is back to what appears to be FIFA 15 style difficulty. On pro the cpu is getting 1 or 2 shots on me at most. Semi-pro zero.

Why are they messing with the difficulty like this? Particularly regressing back to FIFA 15 AI.

# 68 BL8001 @ 09/17/15 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
During postgame highlights, it shows that actually the ball didn't cross the goal line. By the way is the goal line technology implemented in fifa 16?
I agree. I don't think it went in. I should have gone into replay mode and examined it.

No GLT for that goal. I think it only happened in the Prem for FIFA 15. Might be the same way for 16.

# 69 Josam27o7 @ 09/17/15 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
What I don't understand is on the Beta semi-pro cpu would get 3-4 shots on you. Pro played real balanced and seemed like a slightly less aggressive/cheaty/boosty FIFA 15 World Class mode.

So it was perfect.

The demo was close to the beta in terms of CPU skill levels but not as "good" of a challenge as the beta.

The full game is back to what appears to be FIFA 15 style difficulty. On pro the cpu is getting 1 or 2 shots on me at most. Semi-pro zero.

Why are they messing with the difficulty like this? Particularly regressing back to FIFA 15 AI.

Completely agree. The AI also feels much dumber in the retail version. Much easier to play against on World Class. Demo is much better.

Basically, EA has made all aspects of this game worse.

# 70 JHedges2 @ 09/17/15 11:34 AM
I am amused, for lack of a better word--at the (extreme) varying of opinions with regard to how 16 is playing.

# 71 kwebbvols4423 @ 09/17/15 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Completely agree. The AI also feels much dumber in the retail version. Much easier to play against on World Class. Demo is much better.

Basically, EA has made all aspects of this game worse.
No they did not.

# 72 SpritePuck @ 09/17/15 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
You are correct, EA Access is XBOX only.
I am, like you, on PS4 and can not check on your friend being in the game.

# 73 Don Jon @ 09/17/15 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
I am amused, for lack of a better word--at the (extreme) varying of opinions with regard to how 16 is playing.
We have one-half saying the game is the same as the demo, and the other half saying this is a glorified fifa 15. LOL, I guess us ps4 folks will have to wait till Tuesday.

# 74 sroz39 @ 09/17/15 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
We have one-half saying the game is the same as the demo, and the other half saying this is a glorified fifa 15. LOL, I guess us ps4 folks will have to wait till Tuesday.
Looking forward to seeing those vids ChaseB is gonna put up to put this to bed. There's guys on here that have such a hate for this series they'll spew whatever nonsense they can.

Need those vids asap.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

# 75 SpritePuck @ 09/17/15 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Me also.

Though I only played one match at a friends house as I do not own an XBOX. But on his XBOX on EA Access in the one match I played it fealt exactly like the demo. Slightly polished frames maybe. But to me the same pace and gameplay.

The game in my opinion is the best FIFA yet. If you liked the demo, I can see no issue with the release.

Orion, is a pretty serious sim gamer (I know from talking with him about The Show) and he says it is the same as demo. As do other people. Yet, some are saying different.

Not sure why people are having such varied experiences. I am not saying who is right and who is wrong but if one says "it is sped up" and another says "not at all" obviously someone is mistaken. Sometimes I guess we experience what we want to. But I really tried to just test it and it seems the same as the demo, assuming your settings are the same.

# 76 orion523 @ 09/17/15 11:53 AM
It's exactly the same as the demo, exactly. Playing on full manual WC, 15 minute halves with slight slider adjustments has made this the best FIFA yet. I'll catch up with Matt shortly, give him my thoughts and then hopefully we can get a slider set up in short order, definitely by release day. Bottom line is anyone can come on here and type up whatever they want depending on their agenda for the day, play it for yourself, judge it for yourself, don't let a little fear mongering steer you away from what is for me a really good game.

# 77 SpritePuck @ 09/17/15 11:53 AM
Oddly the PES forum is full of comments saying the retail plays better than the demo... In a large sample and in my opinion, nope the same game.

Here it is FIFA is ruined and nothing like the demo. In my small sample, nope the same game.

# 78 Zac @ 09/17/15 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
It's exactly the same as the demo, exactly. Playing on full manual WC, 15 minute halves with slight slider adjustments has made this the best FIFA yet. I'll catch up with Matt shortly, give him my thoughts and then hopefully we can get a slider set up in short order, definitely by release day.
While I appreciate the work you guys always do, I honestly don't think its needed this year. But maybe I'll change my tune after playing for a month.

# 79 SpritePuck @ 09/17/15 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
It's exactly the same as the demo, exactly. Playing on full manual WC, 15 minute halves with slight slider adjustments has made this the best FIFA yet. I'll catch up with Matt shortly, give him my thoughts and then hopefully we can get a slider set up in short order, definitely by release day.
Thanks Orion, I take your opinion on this over others. For one I think we play the game with the same intent as far as sim aspects go.

# 80 nunogomes @ 09/17/15 12:06 PM
I think people are mixing a better frame rate on the retail version of FIFA with an increase in speed.

The speed is the same, it´s just that there seems to be more frames on the retail version and that increase in smoothness may be misenterpreted with an increase of speed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.